Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 26th August 2016, 17:40   #226

Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Please buy a second hand car, at the cheapest you can find. A reasonably well clattering M800 / Amby should be available @ around 30K, padminis / fiats at around 15K (in Ekm / Cochin / Aluva). Use it for a couple of months. Make sure that it has good engines, tyres and batteries. When you sell it later, you are unlikely to lose much by way of depreciation. And if you have third insurance on the old car, you can total it, and you would lose only 30K (or less).
Very useful opinion.

My viewpoint is exactly the same. Rather I would suggest - new driver shall buy Wagon R which has very good drivability in city. Tall stance make driver more confident for driving cars. Just make sure its driven less than 50k kms and not more than 10 years old. One can find it good condition wagon R for 1.5 -1.75 lacs. Instead of 2-3 months use it for a year or 2 and then exchange it for new car. Here also depreciation will not be more than 30k

More than that in my opinion it will give a newbie fuss free ownership experience. From my own experience of using Ambassador for at least 4-5 years - Buying ambassador etc. person will have to spend more time in workshops and one might just start hating cars and driving

But one thing for sure - Ambassador is one of the best of car I have driven/owned. Still gives me goose-bums mesmerizing it
NickKohl123 is offline   Reply With Quote