Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 21st March 2018, 09:28   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Shouldn't it be the other way around, that we should do comprehensive inspection before final payment and registration
The PDI does include checking everything you mentioned but a comprehensive check if often not possible for the reason mentioned below.

Things can go wrong in between PDI and delivery as well; so that's your final checkpoint.

Quote:
Also, I have booked the new facelifted EcoSport Titanium+ AT which comes with lots of electronics and sensors. Is it advisable to check each and every feature of the car which I think would take hours?
You can try if the SA allows you but in a majority of the cases, the SA will show you the car only externally. If you strike a good rapport with him, he will perhaps allow you to open the car and turn on the ignition. But I seriously doubt if anyone will allow you to turn on the engine/drive the car. At times, the battery is disconnected. More often than not, SAs don't have the key of the car when they take you for PDI.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2018, 20:22   #602

Default Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Fellow BHPians, I would need your seasoned answers for the peculiar scenario I have. Wanted to book a Terrano XV( I am ok with this least selling model) from 2017 as I am getting it at a very good deal. I have paid 10k as a booking amount. But PDI can't be done now as the vehicle is in chennai plant and it has to be transported to my city. And the dealer says it can be brought only after the full payment is made. He is also ok with returning the amount should we not like it during PDI. As the deal is good i need to make sure PDI is done thoroughly.

Please suggest any safeguards i can take here? Unlike the general practice of making a full payment after a PDI in stockyard/showroom, this car is in plant. So how to go forward. Thanks guys for any of your time and suggestions.
Strobeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 12:52   #603
BHPian

I have had a sour experience at a very renowned dealership in Mumbai suburb.

My PDI was all fine and accordingly I purchased extended warranty.

After 18 months I receive a call from Linkway asking for 3rd and 4th year of extended warranty.

I end up purchasing; partly my fault that I did not realise it was part of the original deal.

Recently my battery drained out completely (sadly in 2 years). While I was searching for battery please warranty card I found out that my extended warranty was also covered.

Shame on the dealer they are double selling warranties.

After rigorous followup and courteous Mr Raj I was refunded the whole amount.

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else

Last edited by TMRT : 7th May 2018 at 12:56.
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote