Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 21st March 2018, 09:28   #601
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Shouldn't it be the other way around, that we should do comprehensive inspection before final payment and registration
The PDI does include checking everything you mentioned but a comprehensive check if often not possible for the reason mentioned below.

Things can go wrong in between PDI and delivery as well; so that's your final checkpoint.

Also, I have booked the new facelifted EcoSport Titanium+ AT which comes with lots of electronics and sensors. Is it advisable to check each and every feature of the car which I think would take hours?
You can try if the SA allows you but in a majority of the cases, the SA will show you the car only externally. If you strike a good rapport with him, he will perhaps allow you to open the car and turn on the ignition. But I seriously doubt if anyone will allow you to turn on the engine/drive the car. At times, the battery is disconnected. More often than not, SAs don't have the key of the car when they take you for PDI.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote