Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 16th July 2017, 18:17   #781
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
Not sure if this car comes under the enthusiast category still, as some of the reviews say it could be a lot better with a bigger engine.
It most definitely is a brilliant car to drive. If a 1.3 Linea is considered an enthusiast's car, then this most certainly is. Yes it could handle a more powerful motor, but the steering, handling, ride, and stability is a treat in itself.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 14:43   #782
BANNED

Default Suggestions for a Serial Switcher

Hi Guys,

Need your inputs on the following dilemma

Situation
I am a guy who loves to change cars after 2-2.5 years. I have gained sufficient expertise in buying pre-worshipped cars. I no longer have to get the car verified by the FNG. I have bought the following cars in the pre-owned mode
  1. Zen Jelly Bean 1999 (my first car)
  2. Fiat Palio 1.2 Sport 2002
  3. Honda Civic V 2007
  4. Zen Tiger Model 2004 (for wifey)
  5. Maruti Swift VXI 2007

Complication
I moved to Bangalore in 2014. When I moved from Mumbai, I had my Civic and my Zen. I decided to sell both cars and buy a used car in Bangalore which both of Us (me and my wife) could drive. The primary reason was the pressure from Bangalore Cops to pay local taxes which was coming out to be fairly high for the Civic. In addition, had only one parking in Bangalore.

So I bought the Swift (which was a major downgrade from the Civic), but wait! The Swift I bought was no ordinary Swift. It had the following mods
  1. K&N cool air intake system
  2. K&N airfilter
  3. Performance Headers
  4. SPOILER
  5. Speed modification alloyes - 205/65
  6. yokohoma r1 drive tyres
  7. sony double din player
  8. 13" pioneer woofer (which will cover 70% of teh space at the rear)
  9. JBL amplifier
  10. JBL speakers

This car is a hoot to drive and will bring a smile to anyone's face after a highway round.

Question
Now coming to the point. My wife is not driving a lot and the car is used by me almost 99% of the time. I really miss my Civic and the urge (Keeda) to change the car has been biting me for sometime. I am all over the place in my decision to change my car. My thoughts keep shuttling between the following cars
  1. Used Honda Civic with Sunroof (2012 model with higher clearance)
  2. Used Honda CRV with Sunroof
  3. Used Renault Duster AWD
  4. Used Toyota Fortuner
  5. Used BMW 3 Series
  6. Paint the Swift in a custom shade and retain the car, since she is completely drool worthy

I have been wanting to start some offroading hence a few SUVs in the mix above. My needs are not very specific. I drive the car over the weekends mostly with monthly Running less than 300 kms. I am a complete heart guys when it comes to cars. I like to own cars which will make me smile everyday seeing the car in my Garage (though I dont drive it everyday).
2000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote