Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 11:18   #2371
BHPian
 
Virtualaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

All

The following website can be used to check detailed information on your car's VIN on your own.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/

Trust that will help many and save waiting time for a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
Hi,

I have booked a Skoda Rapid and the VIN number allocated to me is : TMBBDJNA6FG019785

As per me, it is Sep 2015 manufactured vehicle

As per the dealer, it is manufactured in late Oct 2015 and the dealer also showed this on Skoda website by entering this VIN. Don't know why there is difference of 1 month (I have followed the method given on first page of this thread)

Can someone please confirm and also provide me any other details of the vehicle through this VIN?
It is indeed Oct 2015 manufactured. 03.10.2015 to be precise. See detailed info below:

Maker SKODA
Name Rapid Ambition (SRE)
Catalog ID 726
Production Date 03.10.2015
Region Czech Republic
Body color 8E8E
Engine # 430479
Country India (X5Q)
Code NVS
Engine CLSA
Range 2012 - ...
Type RAPI
Release Date 2016
Interior color EB

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th June 2016 at 13:44.
Virtualaman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 11:47   #2372
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 199
Thanked: 373 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi, please help me decode this, for a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport: MA700KH4WEG003417

Particularly looking for the color code of the vehicle, for repaining of scratches!
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 11:51   #2373
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,714
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hi, please help me decode this, for a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport: MA700KH4WEG003417

Particularly looking for the color code of the vehicle, for repaining of scratches!
That is May 2016. E = May G = 2016. I am not sure if color code is part of VIN.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 20:41   #2374
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

I completed the pre-registration check for Ecosports today. Everything looked fine and I gave the go ahead to the SA to proceed with registration.
However, now that I am checking the details of the data through the VIN lookup function on www.etis.ford.com/ , I see that engine specs says 2.0 DOHC DISI 20V Bi Fuel.
Under the "Minor Features" list, it indicates "Export Sales"

Am I reading something wrong or is there something indeed wrong?
The VIN is MAJAXXMRKAGK16963

Thanks,
Nitin

Last edited by simplynitin : 28th June 2016 at 20:42.
simplynitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 20:57   #2375
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi, please help me decode the VIN for our new Hyundai Verna: MALCU41DLGM218785

Thanks,
Prashant
Peepsimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 22:15   #2376
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,373
Thanked: 9,807 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
Hi, please help me decode the VIN for our new Hyundai Verna: MALCU41DLGM218785

Thanks,
Prashant
VIN Code must be 19 characters. What you have given is 17. Please recheck and post.

One thing is clear, this car is 2016 manufactured because the 10th Character is G = 2016.

As per the VIN process the 19th character is the code for the Month which is missing in the VIN.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th June 2016 at 22:17.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 10:04   #2377
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynitin View Post

Am I reading something wrong or is there something indeed wrong?
Congrats! There is nothing wrong as 'Mex, Saf, Export, India sales' always mentioned in the 'Minor Features' list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
Hyundai Verna: MALCU41DLGM218785
Congrats! Please provide the full 19 digit VIN to decode the manufacturing month.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 29th June 2016 at 10:10.
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 18:11   #2378
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Thank you a4anurag and Grand Drive.
The VIN I have is from the sticker on one of the glasses of the car and it has only a 17 digit VIN.
As the car is with parents at hometown, I will figure out where they can find the imprinted number on the car body and see if it has 19 digits and not 17 digits.

-Prashant
Peepsimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 18:52   #2379
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
As the car is with parents at hometown, I will figure out where they can find the imprinted number on the car body and see if it has 19 digits and not 17 digits
The full Chassis number can be found on the floor under the driver's seat.


Courtesy: Wildon (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Last edited by Grand Drive : 29th June 2016 at 18:57.
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 20:26   #2380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Congrats! There is nothing wrong as 'Mex, Saf, Export, India sales' always mentioned in the 'Minor Features' list.
Thanks Grand Drive. I got a bit spooked after reading the engine specs
simplynitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:03   #2381
BHPian
 
kiranjoshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi guys,

I booked the new facelifted BMW 320d prestige model from Navnit Motors Bangalore. Completed and paid for the car on June 30, 2016. When i requested for the VIN number of the car. Setails showed that it is manufactured in November 10, 2015.

I contacted the showroom and they said nothing to worry as the sales receipt will have the 2016 manufactured date. Kindly advise and let me know whether I should be concerned or worried. Thankyou

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2016 at 22:19.
kiranjoshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:15   #2382
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

VIN No for Volkswagen Vento is: MEXE16608GT087546

From what i understand - this indicates a May 2016 manufactured vehicle: E indicating May and 16 indicating 2016.
Is it correct?
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 23:20   #2383
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
I booked the new facelifted BMW 320d prestige model from Navnit Motors Bangalore. Completed and paid for the car on June 30, 2016. When i requested for the VIN number of the car. Setails showed that it is manufactured in November 10, 2015.
Congrats! This thread (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date) might help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
VIN No for Volkswagen Vento is: MEXE16608GT087546

From what i understand - this indicates a May 2016 manufactured vehicle: E indicating May and 16 indicating 2016.
Is it correct?
Congrats! Yes, you are right.
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 02:02   #2384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Hi guys,

I booked the new facelifted BMW 320d prestige model from Navnit Motors Bangalore. Completed and paid for the car on June 30, 2016. When i requested for the VIN number of the car. Setails showed that it is manufactured in November 10, 2015.

I contacted the showroom and they said nothing to worry as the sales receipt will have the 2016 manufactured date. Kindly advise and let me know whether I should be concerned or worried. Thankyou
If i am in your place, i would never accept the vehicle.
However, if you are ok with the vehicle, why don't you negotiate and ask the dealer to give you a substantial discount for accepting a 2015 manufactured vehicle !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post

Congrats! Yes, you are right.
Thanks for the quick response and confirmation
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 11:05   #2385
BHPian
 
rajatsingh78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Agra/Ghaziabad
Posts: 291
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hello Friends, please help me decode MEEHSRAWEG4002556 from Renault.
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date ajmat On buying a car 150 31st August 2016 16:22
Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars Albela Technical Stuff 1488 24th February 2011 10:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks