Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 06:54   #541
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,667
Thanked: 2,556 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Thanks Wildon. The dealer was trying to push this car to my relative, as a late 2011 model with a discount. But, a March 2011 make is too much to be bluffing about.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 10:19   #542
BHPian
 
avinash_clt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eindhoven/KL11
Posts: 187
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Can you recheck your VIN please. I think the correct VIN is TMBEKH1Z1BA155214 , if so

Make: SKODA
Model: LAURA RS
Production Date: 28.09.2011
Engine Capacity: 1798 CC
Horsepower: 160
Thx Wildon. Yes, i rechecked, I had copied it from the email they had sent me. I'll confirm with them once more, maybe a error on their part.
avinash_clt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 11:21   #543
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Is it 1.6 mate ? pressure them to give discount.
Yes it is a 1.6 and I have checked with all the VW dealers in Mumbai and none of them have a car later than July 2011. It seems that there haven't been any 1.6 manufactured after June/July?

They already have given me a discount where I am getting the car for 6.68 on road. Will try and push for something more.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 13:05   #544
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Yes it is a 1.6 and I have checked with all the VW dealers in Mumbai and none of them have a car later than July 2011. It seems that there haven't been any 1.6 manufactured after June/July?

They already have given me a discount where I am getting the car for 6.68 on road. Will try and push for something more.
Polo 1.6 has not many takers also vw didn't marketed this model very well, you getting 60k off ? I have been offered 65k + body cover + mudfaps + mats, I'm still not convinced due to manufacturing date.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 14:57   #545
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Polo 1.6 has not many takers also vw didn't marketed this model very well, you getting 60k off ? I have been offered 65k + body cover + mudfaps + mats, I'm still not convinced due to manufacturing date.
Well, its a 67k discount actually which is a 50k cash discount and 17k corporate discount along with mudflaps, mats & Llumar sunfilm. However the sunfilm is the base model. I will ask them for the top end model worth 7k to compensate for the manufacturing month issue.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 15:18   #546
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well, its a 67k discount actually which is a 50k cash discount and 17k corporate discount along with mudflap sunfilm. However the sunfilm is the base model. I will ask them for the top end model worth 7k to compensate for the manufacturing month issue.
Good deal you're getting, now polo getting audio control on steering + aux in + lighter + new music system, hard to decide whether to take discount or go with newer one.

Last edited by unknown : 16th February 2012 at 15:23.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 15:45   #547
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Good deal you're getting, now polo getting audio control on steering + aux in + lighter + new music system, hard to decide whether to take discount or go with newer one.
Is this confirmed news? I doubt it. I believe this will only be applicable to the 2012 Vento. As before booking my 2011 Polo, I was very specific in asking the difference between the 2011 and 2012 model. I was told that there is not difference and till date they say that there is no difference and no additions. But for some reason the price for the 2012 model is 10k more without any discounts.

For the price of 7.45 on road without discounts for the 2012 Polo 1.6, I would have probably considered it if they added ACC, all 04 power window control from driver's door, opening/closing of windows through remote and electric folding OVRMs in addition to the new music system (which doesn't really matter) and sudio controls on steering.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 16:11   #548
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 427
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Is this confirmed news? I doubt it. I believe this will only be applicable to the 2012 Vento. As before booking my 2011 Polo, I was very specific in asking the difference between the 2011 and 2012 model. I was told that there is not difference and till date they say that there is no difference and no additions. But for some reason the price for the 2012 model is 10k more without any discounts.

For the price of 7.45 on road without discounts for the 2012 Polo 1.6, I would have probably considered it if they added ACC, all 04 power window control from driver's door, opening/closing of windows through remote and electric folding OVRMs in addition to the new music system (which doesn't really matter) and sudio controls on steering.
According to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/rareone.html yes it's confirmed, he has seen & booked 1.2 highline diesel with all those new features, but he's unsure whether those features are available for petrol variants too.
follow this thread mate http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-report-2.html
All credit goes to rareone
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 18:09   #549
Senior - BHPian
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
According to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/rareone.html yes it's confirmed, he has seen & booked 1.2 highline diesel with all those new features, but he's unsure whether those features are available for petrol variants too.
follow this thread mate http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-report-2.html
All credit goes to rareone
Oh yes, you are right, it is available in diesel but not in petrol as VW has decided to concentrate on their diesel vehicles as diesels are the preferred engines now.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 12:19   #550
BHPian
 
kingvikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi Wildon,

A friend of mine has booked a i20 asta and the dealer has given the following VIN MALBB51BLCM389502.

Can you please decode this?
kingvikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 13:00   #551
BHPian
 
supremoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: wynad
Posts: 51
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

hi wildon
please post details on this number MALA251ALCM044805*A
supremoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 16:49   #552
BHPian
 
scorpio_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 155
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi Wildon,
Could you please help in decoding the VIN WVWL11601CT0160**. This is for my friend who is going to book Volkswagen Vento. When i decoded, I got month as November [4th character is L]. But year [10th character] is C which means 2012. this seems wrong.
Thanks,
Vijay
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 07:35   #553
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,401
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
MALBB51BLCM389502
MODEL NAME : i20 ASTA
ENGINE TYPE : 1.2L KAPPA
ENGINE NUMBER : G4LACM812042
FUEL TYPE : PETROL
TRANSMISSION : 5 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 23.01.2012
COLOR : DARK GRAY METALLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
MALA251ALCM044805*A
MODEL NAME : EON -ERA
ENGINE TYPE : 800 CC EPSILON
ENGINE NUMBER : G3HABM040112
FUEL TYPE : PETROL
TRANSMISSION : 5 SPEED MANUAL
PRODUCTION DATE : 03.01.2012
COLOR : WHITE CORAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
WVWL11601CT0160**
Sorry this VIN is incomplete. Regarding Model year read here

Last edited by wildon : 18th February 2012 at 07:49.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 09:36   #554
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,599
Thanked: 676 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

WILDON: This is a Ford Fiesta Classic, VIN Number: MAJBXXMRTBBU07653.

No freebies were promised. Can you provide me the date of manufacturing.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 09:40   #555
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,401
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Ford Fiesta Classic, VIN Number: MAJBXXMRTBBU07653.
Build Date: 20.10.2011
Vehicle Line: B376 India
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: Series 20
Engine: Duratorq 1.4 TDCi (68PS)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.82
Emission: Stage IV Emissions
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Diamond White 73
Interior Colour: Stone Interior
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date ajmat On buying a car 150 31st August 2016 16:22
Finding the VIN & manufacturing date/year on Indian cars Albela Technical Stuff 1488 24th February 2011 10:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks