Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 22:02   #1

Harassment by Hyundai

I am sorry if this is not the right place to post this....but I am pretty desperate to vent out my frustration.
On 10 June, I booked Getz with Baltic Hyundai by paying the booking amount of 25 K. I was assured that the car wud be delivered to me b/w 7 to 15 days. After 18 days, to my horror, I got a call from the dealer informing me that the car could not be ordered as they dont have the specific colour. I took up the case with Hyundai management and paid another 75 K for the speedy delivery of the car. They assured me that they would give me a loaner car to ensure that I dont face any inconvenience in the meantime. Till date I have not got my loaner car and am totally disgusted by the lack of empathy shown by Hyundai.

There are some thoughts which I want to share with you all...
India, inspite of its huge potential, has failed to develop as a society because it lacks only one thing - proficient Judiciary system. For last so many years wily corporates and corrupt politicians riding on delayed justice and sapless system have taken customers for granted. But things are changing now.....
Now, consumers have a powerful tool called Internet. Internet has created communities. Therefore I speak to not for myself but on behalf of all the communities that I belong to - as alumni of a college, as an employee of an organisation, as active member of car forums (www.team-bhp.com, etc etc). If corporates want to ignore voice of these communities then they do it at their own peril, for we all know that most powerful means of branding is 'word of mouth'. This is the singular reason why the whole world is now bullish on India's success.

Sriram

Note from mod : DO NOT use [FONT] or [SIZE] tags. They do not work and make the post difficult to read

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th July 2006 at 01:13.
Old 5th July 2006, 22:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

dude, dont blame on the Hyundai people. Blame the service centre guys.
Old 5th July 2006, 22:16   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

What color is this ? The hyundai dealers here in noida took nearly a month to deliver my Santro in SCARLET SAGE color. I was just about to cancel my booking then i get a call "Sir ur car is here...blah blah" Why not just go ahead and buy a Swift ?
Old 5th July 2006, 22:54   #4
Jay
BHPian

Hey Morphean, why not cancel your order with them and book elsewhere... OR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Why not just go ahead and buy a Swift ?
Old 6th July 2006, 12:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think the problem is with Hyundai itself rather than the dealer. I had the same issue when I bought my Viva CRDI from a Hyderabad dealer few weeks ago. Delayedto 5 days beyond the promised date.

I was promised a week and when i called after a week, i got the reply that Hyundai hasn't allotted a car to me yet. I think few models are allotted and shipped from the company only after you make the booking.
Old 14th November 2006, 15:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, on the contrary, I always had a terrific experience with Hyundai. I have recently upgraded my almost 4 years old Santro to another Hyundai, a VIVA CRDI.

My experience in 4 years has been just a dream, beautiful service, courteous people and absolutely damn good service. probably thats is why i bought my second Hyundai
Old 14th November 2006, 15:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Mobike - Please see the date of the last post before reviving the thread. This thread is 5 months old.
Old 14th November 2006, 15:08   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

ooopss, sorry, I completely missed that
Old 14th November 2006, 15:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Hey Morphean, why not cancel your order with them and book elsewhere... OR...

five month old thread... What finally happened.. was the car delivered???

Godfather

Last edited by Godfather : 14th November 2006 at 15:11.
Old 5th December 2006, 02:53   #10
Max
BHPian

why don't you cancel booking and ask for full refund?. Also, how can you label it as harassment where i can see this is case of bad / unproper customer service.

Last edited by Max : 5th December 2006 at 02:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks