Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th May 2011, 16:47   #1
BHPian

Default Pioneer 5750mp- Buttons and remote not working

Folks, I am posting this in DIY section as I am hoping that someone has a solution I could try out.

The problem: I have Pioneer 5750mp, which is now 5 years old. It works beautifully in terms of play back and radio. Off late the problem I am facing is

1) Remote stopped working. I changed the battery still no luck
2) Except Volume control, none of the other buttons work. This was coming for some time. ie:- I was having issues with some set of buttons on and off. I cleaned the connections between faceplate and the player and problem had disappeared. Now it is consistent- nothing works except volume.

I did talk to couple of Audio guys whom i know. Their inference is that the pad is gone. Since it is an old model ( 5-6 generations old), the same pad might not be available. According to them, some "Jugaad" repair is possible, but would cost ~2000 Rs.

Other option is to replace the player. Then, I do not wish to throw away something that has been serving me well- say I am sentimental

Any DIY?
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Pioneer 5750mp- Buttons and remote not working

It might be a case of blown Zener diode. Happened with me; the panel lit up but none of the buttons worked; except the volume.

Apparently, the zener diode had blown : the diode behaves in a way that it allows current to pass in only one direction and because it had blown up, it was allowing the current to pass in both directions. (I don't how and why but this is the explanation I got).

I took the system to many car accessories shops; finally it was set right at JC Rd.

Just go to JC Rd, tell one of those kids running around the problem and they'll get the man for you. He'll take the system along with him; go with him while someone waits at the car.

Problem will be solved.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 22:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

that explaination sounds very funny. I guess something has gone kaput, but i doubt if thats the real reason
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:04   #4
BHPian

Thank you guys. As of now, i have replaced Pioneer 5750mp with JBL 555. The Pioneer goes under the knife for a full analysis. I shall keep you posted on the findings.

If that gets fixed, it shall find way into my 800.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote