Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th August 2011, 10:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Are the big Brand Names and facebook pages just To lure the customers?

Are the big Brand Names and facebook pages just to lure the customers?

I am not a audiophile {An audiophile, is a hobbyist who seeks high-quality audio reproduction via the use of specialized high-end audio electronics. Audiophiles prefer to listen to music at a quality level that is as close to the original performance as possible using high fidelity components}.

But I like Music and understand music being badly reproduced by a source. I do understand the so called need of the high end audio equipment to enjoy the music to the fullest.

I used to have a Set of Bull Audio 6.5 inch components {i know they are not the best even in the budget range} in my Maruti Zen that were fulfilling all my need even though they were hooked up to the
Head unit itself.

After some time the Set was moved into the New Ritz that was bought by my younger brother. Now not being an audiophile himself he did not go for a high-end amp or a high end cable kit, we settled down for just a Basic Kenwood 4 channel Amp and an old pioneer subwoofer and a “DESI” boss cable kit, and believe it or not I am well happy and my brother is as well. But when we installed the system it was all done at home we made sure that no wires were cut {we don’t normally have warranty issues even if the wires are cut in the part of the world where I come from, but just like doing things with little perfection}, but one thing that we made sure of was that all the polarities were correct and same set of wires is to be used end to end. I hope you understand what I mean.

Now in a recent experience. I got an AMP installed in my Figo, very nice work done by Aman’s team at Motor Concepts New Delhi, I would recommend them.

- All that I bought from them was their installation service and some cables.
- I had my AMP, SUB, High low convertor.
- At the end we ended up not installing the SUB as I did not like the Pioneer.

I bought a second hand sub Bull Audio from a Bhpian from the classifieds. He is a man with taste in cars. His cars are done at a Major Service provider in Delhi. After plugging in the Sub I knew something was not correct, the Amp was tune to my likings and everything but still something was not correct.

Now my Question.

1 How important is to have a good Cable from Subwoofer to the Connector box that is fixed on the box. {I have used the Audison cable that costed me 350/meter for the SUB woofer cable i.e from AMP to Subwoofer connector box}
2 If you are so care full about polarities and things {being an ACE installer in NCR}. It is not important to match the polarities in SUB box i.e. from SUB to the Connector.

PS. I am not trying to Blame any one here just trying to understand things and once again would like to say that this has nothing to do with Motor concepts, they are new in the business but they take the jobs very professionally and do a good job. In question we have a ACE installer, I am not blaming him aswell may be its time for little improvement.

I have some pictures to post that i will after having your views on the 2 questions that i have asked
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 23:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Are the big Brand Names and facebook pages just To lure the customers?

Hi every one even after 250 odd views there is not a single answer to the two questions that i have ask.

And the "ACE" installed that i am talking about is not DRIVEN, i know he had been bashed enough in one of the threads by a fellow BHPIAN.
Old 16th August 2011, 14:51   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Are the big Brand Names and facebook pages just To lure the customers?

Speak with the installer in question Desideep, I think that should resolve.

Had a similar experience myself, decided not to go back to the same establishement again.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 15:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the Suggestion, actually i dont have any business with the Installer as i mentioned. but it was just the two questions bellow there that i wanted an answer to.

I think that no one is botheres. thanks brother.,
Old 16th August 2011, 19:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Now my Question.

1 How important is to have a good Cable from Subwoofer to the Connector box that is fixed on the box. {I have used the Audison cable that costed me 350/meter for the SUB woofer cable i.e from AMP to
Subwoofer connector box}
[COLOR=black][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Speaker wires are just as important as your HU, Amp etc. It is what connects the signal from the Amp/HU to the driver. So you want the signal to flow with minimal distortion/resistance. Having said that, spending huge amount of money on speaker wires does not make any sense. Few things to lookout for are Gauge (how much current it can take), should be ideally Oxygen free, good isolation/insulation between wires etc.[/FONT][/COLOR]

2 If you are so care full about polarities and things {being an ACE installer in NCR}. It is not important to match the polarities in SUB box i.e. from SUB to the Connector.
No. Just ensure that +ve from Amp is connected to +ve of the speaker and -ve to -ve.
I have some pictures to post that i will after having your views on the 2 questions that i have asked
PS: I may not be the person whom you might call an expert in this field but have being tinkering with ICE for quite sometime.

Thanks,
Venki
venki7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 10:27   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
- All that I bought from them was their installation service and some cables.
- I had my AMP, SUB, High low convertor.
- At the end we ended up not installing the SUB as I did not like the Pioneer.

I bought a second hand sub Bull Audio from a Bhpian from the classifieds

After plugging in the Sub I knew something was not correct, the Amp was tune to my likings and everything but still something was not correct.

Now my Question.

1 How important is to have a good Cable from Subwoofer to the Connector box that is fixed on the box. {I have used the Audison cable that costed me 350/meter for the SUB woofer cable i.e from AMP to Subwoofer connector box}
Every audio system is a sum of parts and how they interact with each other and the enviroment (aka cabin).

You cant have a great Head unit followed by terrible amp or vice versa and you wont get the best out of your system. Similarly you can the best of components poorly installed and you wont have a satisfactory result.

From what I understand you got your own HU, amp, subs and speakers and had Motor Concpets install and tune the system. Right? Lets go through some check points...

1. Did you or your installer check the subwoofer before you purchased/installed it? Could it be possible that something is not right with the sub? Try gently pushing the cone (by the dust cap) and see if it moves smoothly and consistently for a few mm (5-6mm).

2. After installing did you or your installer test each component individually? This way you can hear if there are any install issues with one component.

3. Is the sub in a box and is the box the size and type recomended by the manufacturer of the sub?

Please define what you think is wrong and maybe we can help.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 12:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

The chief "Ace" installer is ex-driven i.e. Pramod.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 13:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

To err is to make a mistake. To make a mistake is human. Humans are not perfect. They make mistakes....

If a single thing pleased everyone we won't have choices and won't have to take tough decisions on whom to chose move forward with.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 17:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

@ Abhibh thanks a lot for the reply
@ Panky i am sorry but seems you are wrong , but any ways what Abhibh said is correct.