Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th August 2013, 18:23   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
just a novice question! Does any navigator in India, provide for live traffic updates on the go ?
Yeah please give a try to Waze; if enough wazers are on road/route you take, you may get some feedback. Otw the FM channels is the only live road/traffic update

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 21:02   #197
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: MapMyIndia Navigation - Review

Just received an MMI VX140s premium in the mail. It has version 8 maps and something know as a black edition. What is that?

Also, does one need to register the device with MMI on their website for warranty / guarantee reasons?
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 11:51   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Just received an MMI VX140s premium in the mail. It has version 8 maps and something know as a black edition. What is that?

Also, does one need to register the device with MMI on their website for warranty / guarantee reasons?
That is the Mireo Black Edition navigation software (http://www.mireo.hr/en/), which uses the MMI maps. MMI VX140 is a generic China-made PND (Personal Navigation Device) with Mireo software and MMI maps. 'Maps' are not software - they are data used by Navigation software.

Yes, you should register your details on the MMI site. It will enable them to send you update notifications.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 12:36   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That is the Mireo Black Edition navigation software (http://www.mireo.hr/en/), which uses the MMI maps. MMI VX140 is a generic China-made PND (Personal Navigation Device) with Mireo software and MMI maps. 'Maps' are not software - they are data used by Navigation software.

Yes, you should register your details on the MMI site. It will enable them to send you update notifications.
How is the Mireo black edition software compared to other navigation softwares? Is it good? or just about average?
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 16:35   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
How is the Mireo black edition software compared to other navigation softwares? Is it good? or just about average?
There is nothing good or bad about it. It has been around for more than 10 years now. Pretty stable and has all the practically usable features one needs.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 09:25   #201
Awaiting Email Confirmation

A few days back, I received a surprise gift from MapMyIndia: 159-page Karnataka maps.

MapMyIndia Navigation - Review-dsc00682.jpg

MapMyIndia Navigation - Review-dsc00683.jpg

MapMyIndia Navigation - Review-dsc00684.jpg

I am thankful to MapMyIndia for the very useful gift.
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 07:44   #202
BHPian

I recently bought a MMI LX340. Is it worth buying and updating the maps with premium content or with the latest maps?
skanchan95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:14   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A few days back, I received a surprise gift from MapMyIndia: 159-page Karnataka maps.
Even i too got this 159-page Karnataka maps sometime back. It's a useful gift.

I am using Vx140 from 4 years now. Initially map version was v4, latter in 2011 I'd upgraded to v6. Did anybody try an upgrade to 8.1 recently? I am planning to upgrade to 8.1.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:21   #204
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Did anybody try an upgrade to 8.1 recently?
Thanks for the information, kavu75. Even I have to upgrade to version 8.1 as I have subscribed for 2-year upgrade plan, 8.1 being the second of the 4 upgrades. As usual, MMI did not bother to send the data files on their own. I came to know about it from your post only. Just now, I sent mail requesting for map and licence files for version 8.1.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 16:20   #205
BHPian

Following Google Maps, MapMyIndia has updated their online maps.

The company release says "The most comprehensive maps of India, landmark-based driving directions and local search across hundreds of categories - now much faster and with real-time traffic information"

Name:  MMI.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  80.9 KB

Click Here to Try
iVento is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:53   #206
BHPian

MapMyIndia announces "Mega Discounts" on customized In-Dash GPS Navigation.

MapMyIndia Navigation - Review-mmi.jpg

As per the mailer, they are offering heavy discounts on the following products.

AVN- Captiva | AVN- Corolla | AVN- Cruze | AVNR- Accord | AVNR- Honda City | AVNR- Honda Civic AVNR- Cruze |AVNR- Fiesta | AVNR- Fortuner | AVNR- Grand | Vitara AVNR- Pajero
AVNR- Outlander | AVNR- Captiva

Full Story Here
iVento is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:51   #207
Senior - BHPian

It's probably going to be a matter of time,before the navigation devices from MMI come equipped with a data connection with the express purpose of providing real time traffic for chosen route, and possibly even intelligent routing-besides much much more.
While other configurations are possible (e.g. traffic data exchange between navigator and phone over bluetooth, or letting the customer have control on which CSPs SIM can be used ) that may not be the chosen way - simply because of the revenue potential exclusive partnerships bring to the company (think of product offer flashing on your Navigator from map POIs as one drives past a mall)

This is already happening for smartphones and this is probably going to act as a catalyst to bring the convergence of in-car navigation/entertainment and data in such mass-market GPS/HU units.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:09   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
As per the mailer, they are offering heavy discounts on the following products.

AVN- Captiva | AVN- Corolla | AVN- Cruze | AVNR- Accord | AVNR- Honda City | AVNR- Honda Civic AVNR- Cruze |AVNR- Fiesta | AVNR- Fortuner | AVNR- Grand | Vitara AVNR- Pajero
AVNR- Outlander | AVNR- Captiva

Full Story Here
Do they have an in dash instrument for new model Hyundai i20? I am seriously looking for one.
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 15:05   #209
BHPian

I have placed an order for MMI VX140S premium from snapdeal. There is a good discount and insta cash back running right now. Got it bit cheap actually.
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 10:28   #210
BHPian

I am facing a peculiar issue with my MMI LX340. It seems to work fine for the first half an hour after starting it. Then it starts making a continuous and irritating "click, click click" sound,(its the same click sound that one can hear when selecting something on the touchscreen). Has anyone faced such an issue with their MMI navigator models?

I have given it for checkup at MMI authorised service center in Mangalore. Thankfully, it is still under warranty. The MMI guy said it could be a motherboard issue and if it is, it might take time to replace the motherboard.
skanchan95 is online now   Reply With Quote