Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 21:01   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Blaupunkt is Bosch.
Prior to Dec 2010 Punto HU was from Delphi, which had all the possible options for AUX workaround.
sad:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 10:21   #17
BHPian
 
NSK123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

True. But I hope even the present OEM stereos support CD Changer. This Bluetooth interfaces connects to ISO C1, C2 ports of CD Changer. Hence it should work (when connected, on the display it shows CDC - CD Changer).

Aux-in might have been disabled. Somewhere, I saw a thread about enabling aux-in. I guess it is more of a software setting. Hardware is in place (I mean connectors except for the cable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
Blaupunkt is Bosch.
Prior to Dec 2010 Punto HU was from Delphi, which had all the possible options for AUX workaround.
NSK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2011, 17:34   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cochin
Posts: 182
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
I got a multi-charger from SP Road, Bangalore. It fits perfectly into the lighter point of Punto. You should be able to get it too.
Can you pls give the name and phone num of the specific shop where you got it from?
Sunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 14:08   #19
BHPian
 
NSK123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

I don't remember the shop name / number. I took the removable lighter part, looked for the exact match. I noticed that my 800's lighter wasn't matching this hence did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Can you pls give the name and phone num of the specific shop where you got it from?
NSK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 14:12   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
Blaupunkt is Bosch.
Prior to Dec 2010 Punto HU was from Delphi, which had all the possible options for AUX workaround.
My family has a Nov09 manufactured Punto and it has a Blaupunkt marked HU. You are mistaken here.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 15:38   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 55
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Sorry, If i am wrong. Then it should be the other way. I got this information from other discussions form Fiat clubs. I wanted to check if I can have AUX cable for my HU, but got to know that this is possible only if the HU was from Blaupunkt. punto comes with a Delphi HU sind Dec2010 and it is not possible to have any AUX workarounds with it
sad:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 18:57   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

It was Blau earlier, and IIRC it is Bosch-OE now. Bosch makes the whole dash insert, including A/c and other controls apart from the HU. Whether one can get Aux-in with this HU or not, the clue is in the connector diagram stuck on top of the HU. Care to take it out and post a pic of that sticker?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 20:19   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
Aux-in might have been disabled. Somewhere, I saw a thread about enabling aux-in.
Dear NSK

exactly my thought that since hardware is there , it;s disabled in the firmware or some thing and a software hack should be more than enough to crack it. you talked about seeing some thread about enabling aux. could you point me to that thread. tried searching but nil results .
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:30   #24
BHPian
 
NSK123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Dear NSK

exactly my thought that since hardware is there , it;s disabled in the firmware or some thing and a software hack should be more than enough to crack it. you talked about seeing some thread about enabling aux. could you point me to that thread. tried searching but nil results .
Hi,

I couldn't locate it. But I remember that someone mentioned about taking it to Blaupunkt dealer / distributor and getting it fixed. If you are in Bengaluru, then it is Mandovi Motors in Wilson garden.

By the way, in Bluetooth interface both Bluetooth & USB works simultaneously (previously I had told only one works at a time)
NSK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 11:42   #25
BHPian
 
NSK123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Good news for people who were looking for enabling their OEM stereo (Blaupunkt) of Emotion (without PACK) with Blue & Me.

I call it Blue & Kiran since it is not a true Blue & Me.

What you get with this solution:
  1. Amazing call clarity
  2. Pair your phone directly with your car stereo
  3. When the ignition is turned on your phone is automatically paired
  4. You need not turn on the deck for taking/making the call, still the decks volume control works
  5. You get a USB (either USB or Bluetooth works at a time)
  6. Audio streaming from your mobile (by pressing the next button in stereo, you can move to next song in the mobile)
  7. Stereo gets muted when call comes, and you hear the ring tone
What are you disappointed with this solution:
  1. Both USB and Bluetooth doesn't work simultaneously. If your mobile is paired, you can use USB only for charging purpose.
  2. Phone number is not displayed on the deck (you still need to look at the mobile)
  3. While playing through the USB, you cannot see the song list, but you can move to next/ prev song.
What's the solution:
Use Blaupunkt Bluetooth interface. It is available for Rs.3500/- here (I got it in Bengaluru) and direct fit to ISO C1 & C2 ports and no modification required. Just ensure that battery is disconnected before connecting this.

I will try to post more information & pictures regarding this.

Finally, I have Bluetooth, USB, Aux-in in my Bluapunkt OEM stereo of Punto Emotion (no PK)
Small correction: You can have both USB and Bluetooth connected simultaneously.

When you pair your phone, "CD01" of CD Changer is for media files in your mobile. "CD02" to "CD10" is for files in USB. I think one can have only 9 folders in USB stick, you can navigate using stereo's up/down right/left buttons but, folder/song name is not displayed :(

The beauty is, even you turn off car/ deck and start again, the song will continue from where it was stopped. This happens even if you remove and re-insert the USB stick (may not work if you change/ add more contents). -- Not sure if this feature is available in Emotion PK stereo.

I think name display + folder limit + caller ID would be addressed by OLED display. but I am unable to get one in India. It's available in Europe only (not even in US).

@GTO: Would it be possible for you to move this to beginning of the thread? So that readers have right information in one place.

Last edited by NSK123 : 8th September 2011 at 11:43. Reason: Made a request to GTO
NSK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 18:51   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 89
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Good news for people who were looking for enabling their OEM stereo (Blaupunkt) of Emotion (without PACK) with Blue & Me.
....

Finally, I have Bluetooth, USB, Aux-in in my Bluapunkt OEM stereo of Punto Emotion (no PK)
Hi NSK,
Did you get the installation done at Mandovi motors itself or did you do it on your own?
flycatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:37   #27
BHPian
 
NSK123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Hi NSK,
Did you get the installation done at Mandovi motors itself or did you do it on your own?
I got it done from outside vendor. In fact, any ICE vendor can do it. The sockets exactly match.
NSK123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:42   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Hi,

Just to share with all - I have recently bought a Blackberry VM-605 bluetooth car speakerphone which comes with FM transmitter as well. Here is a short review

- I bought this from Reliance Digital store for INR 4500/-
- Terrific voice clarity, especially for calls. Even the volume is pretty loud if needed. I had an old nokia speakerphone before, and I can confirm that I would never switch on the nokia one again.
- The people on the other side of the calls also indicated negligible background noise with clear reception of my voice in normal traffic conditions.
- The FM transmitter is above average (not yet exceptional). There is very little to no static, but even at full volume setting on the speakerphone, the volume in the car audio system is a bit low.
- There is also some amount of delay (like an ISD call for example) when using the FM transmitter, so you have to get used to that.
- Standard call controls exist & usability is simply terrific - most actions are accomplished with a single finger operation (either single or double click), and the voice response feature is also nice as there is called ID recite function as well.
- Would have loved to have a digital display, but at this price I think it's still good value.

Overall I am mightly impressed by this device & it's now "always on" in my car.
kdadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:29   #29
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL 14 / KA 05
Posts: 384
Thanked: 345 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Hi,

Just to share with all - I have recently bought a Blackberry VM-605 bluetooth car speakerphone which comes with FM transmitter as well. Here is a short review

- I bought this from Reliance Digital store for INR 4500/-
- Terrific voice clarity, especially for calls. Even the volume is pretty loud if needed. I had an old nokia speakerphone before, and I can confirm that I would never switch on the nokia one again.
- The people on the other side of the calls also indicated negligible background noise with clear reception of my voice in normal traffic conditions.
- The FM transmitter is above average (not yet exceptional). There is very little to no static, but even at full volume setting on the speakerphone, the volume in the car audio system is a bit low.
- There is also some amount of delay (like an ISD call for example) when using the FM transmitter, so you have to get used to that.
- Standard call controls exist & usability is simply terrific - most actions are accomplished with a single finger operation (either single or double click), and the voice response feature is also nice as there is called ID recite function as well.
- Would have loved to have a digital display, but at this price I think it's still good value.

Overall I am mightly impressed by this device & it's now "always on" in my car.
Could you please some of the pics of the setup how you have done. ?

Is it for Fiat Punto ? does it support the USB also ?

Where was installation was done ?
Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 09:01   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Fiat Emotion (no PK) - Blue & Kiran (Blue & Me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Could you please some of the pics of the setup how you have done. ?

Is it for Fiat Punto ? does it support the USB also ?

Where was installation was done ?
It's a standard car speakerphone. Comes with a car charger, but can be charged with any USB connector. There is no need for any wiring. I am using it in my linea.

check out the links:
BlackBerry - Bluetooth Visor - Bluetooth Handsfree Speakerphone at BlackBerry.com
BlackBerry Visor Mount VM-605 Review - YouTube
kdadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi this is Kiran from Bangalore rki2007 Introduce yourself 2 17th December 2009 19:48
Hello Friends, Kiran from Coimbatore mechanik Introduce yourself 21 10th December 2009 20:35
Punto MJD Emotion Regular v/s Emotion Pack psmith Hatchbacks 15 20th October 2009 09:33
Happy Birthday: redfire , n_aditya, d.kiran, ms001 bblost Shifting gears 17 5th February 2009 13:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks