Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th August 2011, 23:02   #1
Default Looking for VW Polo Stereo Head Unit (Highline's)

This is my first post in Team-BHP, I'm fortunate to be a part of this vibrant community.

Long story short, we are in the market to upgrade my dad's current ride, which is a 2006 Maruti 800 AC. Since I live abroad, I was not too familiar with current Indian automobile scenario, I needed a trusted forum to educate myself to make an informed decision, that's how I've found team-bhp. I've been following for last 3 months or so, and have been greatly benefited from all of yours collective knowledge and passion for automobiles. So when last week my dad finally booked his next car (guess what that car is? it is a VW Polo Trendline Petrol) in Kolkata, I decided to formally become a member of this community. I'm really looking forward...

Now here it comes the reason why I opened this thread... since we are getting a Trendline, it doesn't come with the OEM stereo, we need one. The dealership is offering 4 options, one of them is 2DIN, all Kenwood. This is just me, but none of them I really liked (my dad doesn't have much say here BTW ), it doesn't give the same complete feel with the OEM HU, even though the OEM HU doesn't come with the bells and whistles like AUX/USB port. Since my dad is not a music buff, I don't think he will be missing those features.

So here comes my question long last ... I am in the market to buy the OEM HU. Will get it installed by the dealer though, so that we don't void the warranty. If you are thinking of getting rid of your Highline's OEM HU or know someone who might have an extra unit, please please let me know.
Reeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 23:10   #2
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Looking for VW Polo Stereo Head Unit (Highline's)

Lucky for you this seems to be the most removed OEM head unit
(Not to put you off, but its below average sound quality in my opinion - so please don't pay any kind of premium as these items don't sell too well).

Check the Team-BHP Classifieds. There are currently 5 on sale! (Don't forget you're gonna need speakers too).

Here you go :

Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 23:47   #3
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Looking for VW Polo Stereo Head Unit (Highline's)

Reeto - Welcome to tbhp.
I would suggest to get and install a Witson unit which is very popular in the forum. It looks very close to stock.That way if you can make it future proof with usb/aux.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote