Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th August 2011, 20:36   #1
BHPian

Default ICE on my ANHC V AT

After finalizing on picking up the ANHC V AT,I had been on the forum trying to figure out on what I would need and what I could afford to ICE my new car. While my intial Research narrowed down to something, I ended up picking up what you would see in the pictures to come.

My inital choices included to opt for JVC 846 or Pioneer AVH 4250 HU, Focal or Rainbow components, RB / Focal 4 channel amp, mono block. and opt for Focal Sub. With this being my choices and also an exchange option to trade in the setup I had in my previous car, I headed towards TOP Gear - Anwar to finliase the installation.

Now to let you know my journey in ICE, my previous setup had,

I20 OE Stock HU,
Scoche Line in convertors
JBL 604 4 Channel amp
Pioneer mono block
Polk audio DB components 6.5 "
POlk Audio db1212 SUB with ported enclosure.

Of the above, retained the Mono block and POlk audio Sub as I was running our of budget to upgrade all.

I was there at 11.20 on 27th Aug 2011 for the setup. Amwar joined a little later and we started our discussion. I was clear with my budget being not more than 70K and the discussion on the options started.

After some discussion, we ended up finalising components for front and rear and 4 channel amp. The HU was finalised to be Pioneer AVH 4250

Trust me, though I havent heard of the brands that I picked, I was completely impressed by the SQ. Its more of sound detailing that I was impressed upon.

Now to get on to some maths on what I spent, I was offered a total quote of 92 K for

1. Components ( Front & Rear) Radion Lineup from Audiosystems - Gladen Audio. The makers of Masconi if I got it right. The pics would give you better idea.

2. Mline 4 Channel amp 75.4 - Again from the makers of Masconi

3. Pioneer AVH 4250 - 20 K

4. Fitting Charges inclusive of Dask Kit, Wiring, Damping etc - 22K. Cables used were from Connections - Audison

5. Along with the above, Pioneer Mon block and Polk Audio Db1212 sub with enclosure formed the setup. I dont exactly remember the price of the amp and components, forgot to pick up the working out slip from Anwar, Will let you all know in a day.

I traded in my JBL 4 channel amp and Polk Audio components for 5 K in total. After some negotiations the total price was freezed at 80K for the setup. An addtional 2.5 K further added up later for the Nighvision Camera.

I have no words to explain the way the work was carried out. Let me stop here and have the pictures do the rest for me.

Many Thanks to all those who have been part of the decision making.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0038.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0040.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0041.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0042.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0045.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0046.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0048.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0066.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0069.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0051.jpg  

ICE on my ANHC V AT-imag0047.jpg  

Last edited by vijay_n81 : 29th August 2011 at 14:25.
vijay_n81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 14:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: ICE on my ANHC V AT

Note from Support: Thread moved here from Assembly line section. Thanks for sharing
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 14:45   #3
BHPian

Very nice looking job. Very clean! Congratulations!

I'm happy to see that the Dash kit used it the same as the one that comes with the car. Could you give us a detailed breakdown of the pricing for various components of the entire setup?

I think I will pay Anwar a visit sometime this week.

P.S. I like how neatly the HU blends into the dash. It doesn't stick out like the JVC.
Venom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 14:58   #4
BHPian

Congrats dude. Nice pics with good information. I have recently upgraded my ANHC with CASKA HU (fully loaded including MMI navigation and reverse camera with sensors) and Alpine SPS600 speakers (4 units) that came to a total of 63K.

Enjoy the new experience and yes awaiting for a detailed breakup of all the components.

Cheers, Krian
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 16:02   #5
BHPian

Thanks Kirant P and Venom, Should be talking to Anwar tomorrow and will get the break up from him.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:45   #6
BHPian

hi. nice clean install. looks great. a few questons popped into my head after going though the thread.

can you tell me about how those audio systems comps sound? are they very bright? and if you dont mind, can you share the price of the same?

also, another thing. why did you choose to place comps at the rear and not coaxs?

thanks and cheers.
naturaldisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 09:08   #7
BHPian

Vijay, Congratulations on your new setup.
Can you put a small review of the component speakers and the 4ch amp.
Are those card board sheets used to seal the internals of door panels ? I'm seeing this for the first time, was damping done in any other form ?

Last edited by donarun : 31st August 2011 at 09:09.
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 10:12   #8
BHPian

Hi Donarun, thanks,
I will write a review of the same shortly. Btw to explain the damping setup as in the pictures, the inner most layer gets the dynamat kind if stuff, Anwar used a different make, followed with the cardboard sheet covering, which kind of made it a sealed enclosure. This followed with a carpet mat which was fixed with glue. The doorpads got a layer of soft foam coating through out the edges. This was the case with all four doors. As of the dickey door, it. Was first given a layer of foam, following which, cotton waste was stuffed completly. Then came an additional layer of cell foam to cover the entire area. This was then carpeted as shown in the pics.

Hope I have answered the damping setup.