Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th September 2011, 13:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: ICEd - ANHC UT Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Infact the honda dealer offered to get the headrest monitors done for 20K and that too for Xenos monitors which cost only 12K if we get it done outside. So I feel there should not be any issues with warranty.
OK, but better to get that in writing just to avoid any future arguments. Since you have purchased the HU from the dealer itself this should be a breeze.

The combinations you mentioned in your earlier posts are superb. What make are the headphones? Was it a part of the head rest monitors?
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 17:49   #17
BHPian

Default Re: ICEd - ANHC UT Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
Great setup Man ! Would love to do this to my to-be-delivered Linea.. Do you know about the compatibility of these head rest monitors with other 2 DIN HU's ?
Thanks friend.

It all depends on the brand of HU that you are currently having. Headrest monitors can be connected to the HU as long as the HU is having AV IN Jackets to accomodate the AV out coming from the monitors. With some additional splitters and cables you can definitely integrate them with your HU.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 17:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
OK, but better to get that in writing just to avoid any future arguments. Since you have purchased the HU from the dealer itself this should be a breeze.

The combinations you mentioned in your earlier posts are superb. What make are the headphones? Was it a part of the head rest monitors?
Thanks Ghodlur. I know the accessory manager at the showroom from whom I got the HU installed. He was the one who was pushing me to go for the monitors but I dropped the idea once I came to know that he was charging a bomb when I can get the same done at half the cost. So, I need to soften him up a bit when I visit him next or incase I happen to bump into him when I take my car for next service sheduled in Nov

Shall keep you posted on that

The monitors do not come with headphones. I have some spare headphones (panasonic and Sennheiser) at home that were lying idle for a long time and they will be coming handy when we go for long drives in the near future.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 19:41   #19
BHPian

Wow, The Caska HU looks neat on your ANHC. Would love to have it in my ANHC aswell. Just waiting for some Vitamin M.
Vtecguy7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 19:50   #20
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Headrest Monitors with zipper covers blending well with the color of the seats:

As you may remember, I had really loved the leather seats in your car. Now the DVD screen nicely matches with the head rest. Truly an ICE, not the ICE = music system only. And clever wiring too. Congratulations.
How is the sound quality from the Worldtech units?

Last edited by dot : 11th September 2011 at 19:52.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 19:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
As you may remember, I had really loved the leather seats in your car. Now the DVD screen nicely matches with the head rest. Truly an ICE, not the ICE = music system only. How is the sound quality from the Worldtech units?
Thanks dot. I do remember you . Quality of sound is good enough as it gives stereo o/p (I would not say excellent though). However, there is now an option of hearing the audio via car speakers as well (integrated with separate FM frequency on the HU and also directly wired thru AV cables) incase both the rear passengers agree to watch same content on their monitors.

Last edited by kirantp : 11th September 2011 at 20:08.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 09:47   #22
BHPian

@kirantp - Great Set up dude, matches with the leather seats very well. You've sure found a way to keep kiddos distracted so you can enjoy the sweet hum of Vtec during long drives.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 14:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@kirantp - Great Set up dude, matches with the leather seats very well. You've sure found a way to keep kiddos distracted so you can enjoy the sweet hum of Vtec during long drives.
Hey, was browsing the posts and thought of updating on the ICE. Its been over 3 months now and the kids are loving the long drives where they get to enjoy movies and video games. Have just returned from vacation to Pondicherry and the kids were busy with the movies and never bothered us nor fought with each other . Feels so good behind the wheels and I wish I could do these long drives every weekend.
Old 5th May 2012, 22:02   #24
BANNED

Hey Kiran, nice post and very useful information. Thanks for sharing.

I bought an Innova GX 7 seater in Feb '12 and am looking for two headrest monitors to fit on the 2nd row captain seats. This way kids will be encouraged to sit in the 3rd row and let grown ups sit in the 2nd row and front passenger seat.

I've already have a Pioneer AVH-P3490DVD installed in - dash.

Two questions on my mind are:

1. How does the wiring behave when you slide the seats forward and backward? Are they visible?

2. What games are available on the in dash system? How many? Possibility to add new games? Do they use remotes?

Thanks,

Sandeep
sdmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 11:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Hey Kiran, nice post and very useful information. Thanks for sharing.

I bought an Innova GX 7 seater in Feb '12 and am looking for two headrest monitors to fit on the 2nd row captain seats. This way kids will be encouraged to sit in the 3rd row and let grown ups sit in the 2nd row and front passenger seat.

I've already have a Pioneer AVH-P3490DVD installed in - dash.

Two questions on my mind are:

1. How does the wiring behave when you slide the seats forward and backward? Are they visible?

2. What games are available on the in dash system? How many? Possibility to add new games? Do they use remotes?

Thanks,

Sandeep
@Sandeep: First of all sorry for the late response as I was off for few months with priorities on work front.

Thanks for your feedback and am glad you liked the ICE.

Please find my comments for your Qs below:

. How does the wiring behave when you slide the seats forward and backward? Are they visible?
They are completely sealed inside the duct that runs all the way from Dash-Gear shaft between the front seats. You do not feel anything either when the seats are slid back and forth.

My CASKA HU does not come with any games. We can load them onto USB and plug it in the HU. I do the same whenever I go for long weekend vacation. I usually load 3-4 movies for kids along with some games to keep them busy.

Let me know if you need more info regarding this.

Cheers,
Kiran