Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 8th May 2006, 14:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

One thing there is some competiton for the delhi boys.....

Blue raven Keep it up man..... Never seen such good use of fibreglass in india.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 14:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

You can add to the list Phoenix Gold, Helix, Morel, Rainbow Audio, DLS, Brax.

Just got their catalogues in my hand from the indian importers heh!
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 15:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
This is not related to this install but to almost all these show installs (which have stopped impressing me a long time ago)...

There is no question about the installer technical capabilities but i would really question the installer's taste. Poor Corsa!
He he! Very true. I know Anwar, and he does a great job setting up car stereos and does some excellent fabrication work. But I share your views about such show demo installs which are merely designed to be eye candy, and don't have a drop of musicality to justify the sea of fiber-glass. And I really don't see the purpose of asking someone to 'listen' to this car as some sort of a reference, it's just good looks and some deafening spl which may be momentarily thrilling but is a big no-no on a day to day basis.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 16:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
it's just good looks and some deafening spl which may be momentarily thrilling
Yeah... True dat... like rollercoasters... quick thrills

Hmm... how about a poll? It would be interesting to hear from the janta... what would they like in demo cars... the regular "eye candy sea of fiber" kinda installs or good sounding well built practical installs.

Whatsay???
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 16:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Yeah... True dat... like rollercoasters... quick thrills

Hmm... how about a poll? It would be interesting to hear from the janta... what would they like in demo cars... the regular "eye candy sea of fiber" kinda installs or good sounding well built practical installs.

Whatsay???
GOOD SOUNDING & PRACTICAL-- PUHLEEEEESE!!!

These things are supposed to help the ppl audition what they ay be contemplating to buy - and NOT to send sound waves into space seeking Extra Terrestrial forms of intelligence!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 19:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
regular "eye candy sea of fiber" kinda installs or good sounding well built practical installs.

Whatsay???
I think the junta would like

One SPL/eyecandy car
AND
One SQ/Practical/Daily use car!

from each installer.

Last edited by s0uljah : 8th May 2006 at 19:05.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 19:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
I think the junta would like

One SPL/eyecandy car
AND
One SQ/Practical/Daily use car!

from each installer.
Gunbir, this guy must think distributors make dhamaal money in their business to afford 2 cars just for demonstration purposes. And for someone representing multiple brands..God bless him!

Souljah bhai, I'm sure that if the parent brand paid for the cars, Gunbir would have 2 demo cars each for Hertz, Audson, ID and some others! What say Gunman?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 19:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gunbir, this guy must think distributors make dhamaal money in their business to afford 2 cars just for demonstration purposes. And for someone representing multiple brands..God bless him!

Souljah bhai, I'm sure that if the parent brand paid for the cars, Gunbir would have 2 demo cars each for Hertz, Audson, ID and some others! What say Gunman?
Yeah man... s0uljah... send me a DD for donation to the "Demo Car Fund"
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 20:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yah man Gunbir...

But do some flashy FG Jaadoogari and have both your range of speakers hooked up... then with a flick of one switch you can show them the difference each brand makes on the same equipment with the same settings inthe same car!!... Before someone flames me... If it can be done on a wall -- it can be done in a car... lot more ingenuity called for thats all!!
Old 8th May 2006, 20:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Quote:
He he! Very true. I know Anwar, and he does a great job setting up car stereos and does some excellent fabrication work. But I share your views about such show demo installs which are merely designed to be eye candy, and don't have a drop of musicality to justify the sea of fiber-glass. And I really don't see the purpose of asking someone to 'listen' to this car as some sort of a reference, it's just good looks and some deafening spl which may be momentarily thrilling but is a big no-no on a day to day basis.
This is where we Indians Fail everytime, we draw conclusions just looking at things, these amps are tuned at 35 % of the total power, so it sounds perfectly neat when u sit in the vehicle, Since I was with the car for one whole day in the car Show, i know how good this machine sounds, it is one of the best IF NOT the best sounnding car I have ever seen, If you would know Zareer and those people you would not say this, as they are not mere SPL lovers, and are not trying to jitter the customer with bass, though I dont disagree on this being only for show vehicle, but Drawing the line without even seeing the thing for real is like saying ,
HECK SINCE I CAN'T SEE IT , A BUGATTI VEYRON IS A NOT SO GOOD CAR !!
We miss out on what reality is and draw conclusions on how something appears to be without experiencing it, That is why a Crap Brand abroad like Hyundai can become big seller here, they cars lack life, they r just modes of transport, try driving an ELantra or a Sonata for that matter on a race track or a Curvy hill, and then try a Skoda, (poor man's brand of Europe) , you will see what I am talking about.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 21:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
We miss out on what reality is and draw conclusions on how something appears to be without experiencing it, That is why a Crap Brand abroad like Hyundai can become big seller here, they cars lack life, they r just modes of transport, try driving an ELantra or a Sonata for that matter on a race track or a Curvy hill, and then try a Skoda, (poor man's brand of Europe) , you will see what I am talking about.
Asking for TROUBLE... in all capitals!! Flame wars have begin for much less! Hope this is your opinion as an "audio" professional... because ALL the National Rally champoins INCLUDING the current one Naren- have the Elantra's as their personal vehicle! You should meet them in any vehicle of your choice - Curves or no Curves!! And this is HUGELY

Guess they will come to you for audio advice though!

Guess if you believe the above .. then the others are entitled to call monstrosities just that - montrosities!!.... Because Indian ICE scene is still evolving a decently done car is still something most of us have not seen! ... I dont know about eyes...I have seen a lot of cars with a lot of fiber glass... lots of amps... lots of woofers and speakers... lots of LCD monitors all over the place (Gawd know why so many are required!) ..and enough neons to wake up Santa in summer!!.. BUT I am YET to HEAR a SINGLE demo car that I liked! (and Gunbir says I have "ears".... SO ..!!)

So guess what ... What do I do..... ?? ....A lil surprise is on its way........

Last edited by kb100 : 8th May 2006 at 21:23.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Guess if you believe the above .. then the others are entitled to call monstrosities just that - montrosities!!.... Because Indian ICE scene is still evolving a decently done car is still something most of us have not seen! ... I dont know about eyes...I have seen a lot of cars with a lot of fiber glass... lots of amps... lots of woofers and speakers... lots of LCD monitors all over the place (Gawd know why so many are required!) ..and enough neons to wake up Santa in summer!!.. BUT I am YET to HEAR a SINGLE demo car that I liked! (and Gunbir says I have "ears".... SO ..!!)

So guess what ... What do I do..... ?? ....A lil surprise is on its way........
HA HA HA! true, probably that is why I dont have a single screen in my car, I dont have time to look at it yaar, thought many times to get an ECLIPSE InDash DVD player . but did not feel the need.
Elantra, I can stick to saying it is a handful on the curves, it just looks decent and is good on long straights, on one of my drives I had got one of the elantra's rear wheels in the air, but never happened on the Skoda RS, drive them both , u will know, anyone can drive slow, but to control a car on the limit is the Key. No one is gonna drive like that on a daily basis, but the day you get the mood and push your vehicle, the Skoda comes home and Elantra goes to Hyundai Workshop for insurance claim
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 21:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
HA HA HA! true, probably that is why I dont have a single screen in my car, I dont have time to look at it yaar, thought many times to get an ECLIPSE InDash DVD player . but did not feel the need.
Elantra, I can stick to saying it is a handful on the curves, it just looks decent and is good on long straights, on one of my drives I had got one of the elantra's rear wheels in the air, but never happened on the Skoda RS, drive them both , u will know, anyone can drive slow, but to control a car on the limit is the Key. No one is gonna drive like that on a daily basis, but the day you get the mood and push your vehicle, the Skoda comes home and Elantra goes to Hyundai Workshop for insurance claim
Maybe ... but then again - Maybe Not...

Anyways I recommend we keep discussions here strictly limited to the subject of car audio..

Last edited by kb100 : 8th May 2006 at 21:50.
Old 8th May 2006, 21:48   #44
Team-BHP Support

1. Naren Kumar and his peers in a Zen would whip any of us in an RS. That is why he is Naren Kumar. I'll give yo an analogy. Many eons ago I used to play tennis. Good club level tennis. I ran into a couple of guys who played local ATP and Volvo Team Tennis tornamnets in the US. One of them whipped me using a borrowed wooden racket while I had the latest graphite mace. Then he whipped me again me using the singles court while I could hit into his doubles court. Turned out that other than playing on the ATP tour he was a hitting partner for Jimmy Connors.

2. The Elantra and RS are 2 different beasts and are not even on the same price range. The Sonata, Accord 2.4 and RS are all about 15L but cater to different people. My brother is driven in an Accord and I use an RS (yes I am driven in one) but on a Sunday evening his Accord sits in the garage and my son and me burn some rubber in my RS. The Accord is not half as much fun then.

Ok lets back to ICE. Remember what Sam used to say "No Engine Vengine".

Last edited by navin : 8th May 2006 at 21:54.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 21:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Remember what Sam used to say "No Engine Vengine".
Only DHAMAAL DHOOM BOOM And BOSS with PYLE!!!!