Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th November 2011, 01:21   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Fozzie gets new ICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@gotzuk

Awsome setup and its super sleeper and stealth setup, specially liked the installation of sub factory integrated looks it gives.

And the car PC the way its installed by removing the components behind the stock HU and just an screen visible is a total stealth look.
One question though does the stock volume and cd eject controls on the stock hu operate the Carputer?
If so then how?
Thanks jatinpatel! I love the sub install too
Currently no, they are not but it is in the pipeline, half completed.
Read more about it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Practically the space saving seems to be the biggest advantage. Some talk about cancellation of harmonics etc.. but to be honest I when it comes to sub 100Hz I dont see much advantage there. The human ear is just not THAT sensitive below 100Hz.
Thanks for your input Navin.
So, if I understand this correctly, the output of the two subs in an isobaric enclosure would be equal to a single sub in a sealed enclosure but would need half the enclosure size. Right?

Cheers
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 12:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
So, if I understand this correctly, the output of the two subs in an isobaric enclosure would be equal to a single sub in a sealed enclosure but would need half the enclosure size. Right?
Close enough only this is true if the subs are face to face. If the subs are one behind the other the Vb is a little more because of the box behind the first sub.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 22:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Close enough only this is true if the subs are face to face. If the subs are one behind the other the Vb is a little more because of the box behind the first sub.
Ok. I will be listening to a twin sub enclosure in soon. Lets see how that goes.

I have added a HRT Music Streamer II USB DAC to my system and I am using it instead of the Xonar D2X. SQ is a lot better than the Xonar.
A USB cable is routed to the hatch area to the DAC, which is connected to the amp through a pair of one metre long VDH interconnects.

Fozzie gets new ICE!-img_0651a.jpg
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 23:13   #19
BHPian

I must comment that the stealth install you've opted for is simply brilliant and tasteful. I can see the same trend with the touch unit on top of the dash as well. I'm guessing you sourced the module that comes in JDM spec vehicles. A job well done.

One question though, have you accounted for the amps cooling needs if any?

Last edited by Tassem : 17th November 2011 at 23:16.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote