Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 8th March 2006, 20:53   #1
BHPian

Post Swift Mods Help

Hello, i have decided for a new swift vxi . Now i am really confused about the tyre and rim sizes and also the audio system to go for. I stay at Hyderabad just for those who can help.

For the alloys and tyres, plz dont give me the link of the other thread because there are many suggestions over there and that makes me more confused. Here all i need is a very good looking sporty look for the wheels without losing out milage, i guess a 15 inch rim might do(rim and alloy is the same thing right?) And i narrowed down for a pioneer head unit 7650 i think so, not so sure about the number but its very good 10,000, and very very confused about the speakers, i want the punching bass effect, i guess u understood just enough to make others feel my presence. Now my budget is around 20-25 k for the audio thats including 10k for the unit, so which speakers???.

Now suggestions please.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 21:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

15K for speakers.
there are 2 paths you can go on..

a) 6" coax in all doors (7K). Add small amp and sub (8K).
for example the 4x JBL 636 and the 1200T powered by the Sony 502.

b) components in the front 5K, coax for the rear 3.5K. good 4ch amp 9K.
for example JBL 606, 636 and 60.4.

JBL is just an example. i would suggest listening to Blaupunkt and others in the same budget. You can ignore Sony and Pioneer speakers though.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 21:05   #3
BHPian

hey...

alloy .....rims .....dubs........wheels..... all the same thing........go for good quality ones or thhey will break and u crash so if some guy tryes to sell u some at a realll super deal check the quality of the alloy/ rim

im gonna give u some serios advice cause i just bought the same car and did exactly what ur askin and are very very happy wit the result so here goes

for the rims go for 15 inch as they fit well on the car...with 16" the car feels very heavy and bumpy cause u drop a profile...would not recomend...it does look good but ruins the ride..... tyre size 205/55/15 is the best size.....go for yokohomas they good tyres.....set will cost bout 35000.... part ex ur old alloys so u get bout 12000 for it......

as for the system get anny system with 3 rca out puts (essential) its very helpful for the future incase u decide to expand on ur system.....

if u want serious sound where u can be heard 3 cars down and people know u in the hood then go for jbl setup.....4ch amp front components rear coax speackers .....6.25" standard fit in the swift so a good size not 5"
and a jbl bass tube......u will be sorted remember spend on cable (monster) make a big diff to the sound..... this will cost 35000 for everything.....if u cant strech the budget and or need ur boot dont get the woofer and get a cheaper 4 ch amp like a pioneer or sony ......still should sound good wit 4 speakers and an amp....

Last edited by gemballa : 8th March 2006 at 21:10.
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 21:07   #4
BHPian

thanks but what exactly is a coax? and any suggestions for the tyres?

And what are tweeters? Can they be helpful in my case?
Old 8th March 2006, 21:12   #5
BHPian

Ok so JBL it is, but i believe a pioneer head unit wont make any difference and only JBL components might do my work. Now is any of you from hyderabad so they could help me with getting a set of good rims??? Like the brand and quality.
Old 8th March 2006, 21:13   #6
BHPian

coax are speakers without seperate tweeters so just the round one ....as for the rims.......as long as they look good from a reputed guy u should be ok....im in mumbai dont know what u got up there.... matter of personal taste...personally i like black split rims...they are the rims wit the screws goin round it...

i got pioneer head unit....very good....

i told u what tyre size u need noww just go find the rim u want to fit the tyre on....

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by gemballa : 8th March 2006 at 21:17.
Old 8th March 2006, 21:16   #7
BHPian

Ok i will check out all the items u all suggested now i am less confused and got a very good advice, thanxs
Old 8th March 2006, 21:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tyre size 205/55/15 is the best size.
I think 195/60/15 would be ideal for our roads with 55 profile you wont be doing any good to a car which is not very good in ride quality.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 22:11   #9
BHPian

bro tried and tested......its on the car and its great.......
Old 8th March 2006, 22:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa
bro tried and tested......its on the car and its great.......
But the setup which you are running has affected your speedo. For no Speedo Error the 195s are the best
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 22:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

hey guys this is the ICE thread. Wheel are welcome on another part of this forum.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote