Team-BHP - Sound Level Meter
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sound Level Meter (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/11170-sound-level-meter.html)

Does Anyone From Delhi And Around Have A Sound Level Meter. It Is Used To Measure Sound Level Of Any Particular Source.

LBM in my days you could get a SPL meter from the electronics bazaar (in mumbai this is called Lamington Road). maybe these are still available. I had bought one about 20-25 years ago from Radio Shack for $20 but have no idea where it is now (I have moved houses 6 times across 3 continents since).

LBM for delhi you have to go to Chandni chowk area. There is a Lajpat Rai market that stocks such weird things.
But I think you already have sound level meters, they are called neighbours

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 386495)
There is a Lajpat Rai market that stocks such weird things.

Agreed, LBM probably knows about the area I think.

Quote:

lol: Like the ones at the Farmhouse meet Tanveer!!lol:

Quote:

Or wives.

LBM, why do you need this for ???

hmm now we are talking....when i posted earlier i wanted it for spl measurement but now i want it for tuning and level setting of the different channels.....

LBM a regualr SPl meter is not accurate enough for that purpose (level setting of channels). Your Ears are much more accurate.

LBM i have a RTA software on my phone which might be of help to you

From speeds suggestion, how about recording the sound and then using some software like wavepad to analyze it on the PC.
You can do some real complex analysis on a computer

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 386660)
From speeds suggestion, how about recording the sound and then using some software like wavepad to analyze it on the PC.
You can do some real complex analysis on a computer

Tsk, the software that i have allows you to do the same in real time and make the adjustments there and then

I have seen some mobile phones that have a rudimentry SPL meter. I have no idea how accurate they are. Probablly no better than the Trash-Shack meter I had when I was 20 something.

LBM did you find your meter in Chandini Chowk yet. If you are having too much trouble I try and source one for you from Mumbai. Getting it to Delhi will require the help of our friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 387334)
LBM did you find your meter in Chandini Chowk yet. If you are having too much trouble I try and source one for you from Mumbai.
Getting it to Delhi will require the help of our friends.

thank you sir for the favor but I have this matter at hold will let you when something comes up.....thank you sir again.....

hi,

LBM, did you manage to find the spl meter in delhi? if yes please let me know from where.

Navin, can you help me out? price and availability? i have some relatives in mumbai so i can tell them to pick it up from you or from the store.

thanks
rishabh

even i need one, not for ICE testing but for checking the noise levels of our FSAE car. It has to be under 110dB at 1m away from the muffler.
Any suggestions for measuring this noise.
btw how much will such a meter cost

Even I am looking for one, just to ensure that I stay below 100 DB :)
I found one on web by radio shack for $59.

But I just need it for one of use, any body in Bangalore got one???