Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th December 2011, 14:55   #16
BANNED

Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
tag=mncol;subnav"]user reviews here[/url] weren't inspiring as compared to the ones for the Freeway.

I explained that already...
OK, it connects to the speakers via FM transmitter and thanks for the update regarding Freeway, one last update i also want to purchase the same, is Infibeam good for buying and how is the experience
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 14:56   #17
BHPian

Hey. does it have a line out? So I can connect it to the Aux port in the car, instead of using the FM transmission to connect it to the stereo.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 15:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
...one last update i also want to purchase the same, is Infibeam good for buying and how is the experience
Talked about it already...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The buying experience from Infibeam was excellent (I am a first-time buyer at this site) - time taken was 36 hours from placing order to the time of delivery, though the promised time was 7-10 days. Cash paid on delivery.
================================================== =====
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Hey. does it have a line out? So I can connect it to the Aux port in the car, instead of using the FM transmission to connect it to the stereo.
No.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 15:42   #19
BANNED

thanks for the inputs, i just ordered one right away for me, hope to receive my Jabra Freeway soon
Old 17th December 2011, 03:54   #20
BHPian

When using this device to transmit songs via FM, which frequency does it use? What if the frequency transmitted by this device is same as some other radio station? How would the car stereo pick up the frequency from Jabra instead of the main radio station?
Do we have the option of changing the frequency of FM transmitted from this device?
Can we also transmit the calls via FM to the Car stereo? or Does it switch to the speakers on the device for the calls?

How good is the voice detection by this device? Most voice recognition devices require multiple attempts and would be repeating the same command again and again which is quite frustrating sometimes. Hope the voice commands are recognized by this device in one attempt.

Also, how is iPhone compatibility with this device? Can we use the commands say like 'Play'/ Stop etc for iPhone and it does the required job?

Sorry for bothering with these questions, but I am just hoping to read positive reviews from you so that I can make the decision of buying one for myself.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 17th December 2011 at 03:58.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 11:35   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
When using this device to transmit songs via FM, which frequency does it use? What if the frequency transmitted by this device is same as some other radio station? How would the car stereo pick up the frequency from Jabra instead of the main radio station?
You have to set a new frequency which will be different from the radio station and both car and Jabra will use the same

Quote:
Can we also transmit the calls via FM to the Car stereo? or Does it switch to the speakers on the device for the calls?
Yes it will once it is connected via FM transmitter

Quote:
Also, how is iPhone compatibility with this device? Can we use the commands say like 'Play'/ Stop etc for iPhone and it does the required job?
this device is compatible with most phones and obviously iphone will be there but i think that Jabra has its own set pattern of voice commands and will not greet us with a glass of wine when asked for

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 17th December 2011 at 11:36.
Old 17th December 2011, 12:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Following is the photo of the complete kit that I recieved. If you notice at one end of the charging chord is a USB port that fits in the home charger and the car charger.

Does yours also have a USB port attached to the car charger? Can I use the USB port in the computer?? If yes for what?

In-Car Bluetooth Speakerphone/Car Kit Reviews (Jabra FreeWay, Parrot, etc.)-17122011415.jpg
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 14:56   #23
BANNED

Even Jabra Drive is quite good and the deal is also awesome, check it out
But it does not have voice controls

Buy Jabra Drive Bluetooth Speakerphone JBRA2024 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Old 17th December 2011, 15:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sorry If I'm asking a silly question - How is the sound quality for music streaming through the HU? Is it the same as played from HU?

And is voice commands the only difference between Jabra drive and Jabra freeway? Can Jabra drive stream music from my andriod phone?

Quote:
Even Jabra Drive is quite good and the deal is also awesome, check it out
But it does not have voice controls

Buy Jabra Drive Bluetooth Speakerphone JBRA2024 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 16:42   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Sorry If I'm asking a silly question - How is the sound quality for music streaming through the HU? Is it the same as played from HU?

And is voice commands the only difference between Jabra drive and Jabra freeway? Can Jabra drive stream music from my andriod phone?
I am yet to experience the product but as per the reviews these are good products, apart from Voice command there are other differences too like surround sound and three way speaker, you can google more on it and the flip side is that there is considerable amount of difference in the cost too,
Freeway - 6199 wherein Drive - 3599 only.
Choice is yours
Old 17th December 2011, 16:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ruchirtnt. I did some research between Jabra drive, Crusier 2 and Freeway and looks freeway is a attractive proposition, especially that the price difference between crusier 2 and freeway isnt much.

I'm unable to understand, why freeway cannot announce the name of the caller, if it is available in your phone book, whereas cruiser 2 seems to be able to do this.

Quote:
I am yet to experience the product but as per the reviews these are good products, apart from Voice command there are other differences too like surround sound and three way speaker, you can google more on it and the flip side is that there is considerable amount of difference in the cost too,
Freeway - 6199 wherein Drive - 3599 only.
Choice is yours
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011, 19:36   #27
BHPian

Sound quality will never be great because it is playing through the fm transmitter. Please do not expect audio cd like quality from any Bluetooth device.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 09:14   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks ruchirtnt. I did some research between Jabra drive, Crusier 2 and Freeway and looks freeway is a attractive proposition, especially that the price difference between crusier 2 and freeway isnt much.

I'm unable to understand, why freeway cannot announce the name of the caller, if it is available in your phone book, whereas cruiser 2 seems to be able to do this.
Freeway is the best Jabra has in Car bluetooth headset, so there is nothing as such which will be there in others and not in Freeway, and for the announcing the name i am still waiting for the product, let me check and confirm you back
Old 19th December 2011, 11:09   #29
BHPian

Folks,

Got my Jabra Freeway Car Kit on Saturday and here is a quick review.

SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
Brilliant. Paid on Friday morning, the item was delivered on Saturday evening.

SETUP
Easy. Paired by BB in seconds. Was able to transmit sound via FM too effortlessly without needing to open the guide. The voice-based instructions are very useful. Setup is a no-brainer. The device fits to the sun visor very well and all buttons are very easily accessible.

CALL AUDIO QUALITY
Brilliant once again. I made a few calls in the last couple of days and based on the feedback the voice quality is good. No distortion or crackling. The voice quality on my end too is fantastic -the speaker quality is really good. Perfect to take conf. calls from the car hopefully only in emergency, though I understand that I should seriously avoid talking when driving.

STREAMING AUDIO QUALITY
Again a 5* quality here. Can use it as a portable speaker and everyone who has heard it till now has gone "WOW". While i can also stream the audio to the car's audio system via FM, i see no need to do so. The sound quality of the Freeway Speakers is quite good (the only possible irritant could be that it is placed right above your head - so over a longer drive it could give a headache possibly). When i streamed audio on to the car audio system (in my santro), the sound quality wasn't good. I tried multiple frequencies and it did not help. I then extended the antenna fully and that solved the problem. Probably the FM transmission strength is not very strong. But with this setup, am really satisfied with the audio quality. Stream music from Phone --> Freeway --> Car Audio. Love it.

VOICE COMMANDS
I expected better here, but it does not always respond the way i would expect. A simple command like "battery" can be a hit or a miss. Probably needs to be spoken with accent. Dialing a number using voice command is painful, since it invokes the voice command operation/application on my Blackberry and this takes too long. I still need to get used to it, or figure out my way around it. Not very useful in its current state.

Note that i am not an audiophile, so for my sound buds this product is a 5***** without doubt.

Last edited by sachinayak : 19th December 2011 at 11:12.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 00:41   #30
BHPian

If a contact has multiple phone numbers (mobile,work, home) how does one select which one to call via the voice command?
rohi_rao is offline   Reply With Quote