Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 15:22   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Thats great!
will check out the one in your Car probably on this weekend, and then go for the buy... if that is okay with you. I think you stay in HSR Layout....
Sure, you have my number, call me or text me , we will meet up.
Bdw,did you get your car back .
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 17:08   #92
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 212 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury

Sure, you have my number, call me or text me , we will meet up.
Bdw,did you get your car back .
Cheers
Yup, I have your number.
Getting the car back tomorrow or max day father tomorrow. :-)
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 22:09   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Can the USB Car Charger, that comes with Jabra freeway, be used to charge an iphone4s in the car, or we need to buy a seperate USB Car Charger .

Please advise.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 11:43   #94
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,629
Thanked: 10,861 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Can the USB Car Charger, that comes with Jabra freeway, be used to charge an iphone4s in the car, or we need to buy a seperate USB Car Charger .

Please advise.
I don't know about the iPhone, but the same charger can charge any Android phone (micro USB connector).
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2012, 11:55   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I don't know about the iPhone, but the same charger can charge any Android phone (micro USB connector).
Oh ok.
Looks like the same can be used to charge a iphone also .
Anyways will check with the Apple store guys to be 100% sure.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 14:02   #96
BHPian
 
Shreyas Aterkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Picked up the Jabra Freeway Handsfree Car Kit (Jabra) two days ago from Infibeam.com (Jabra JBRA2018 0GB Price India, Jabra JBRA2018 Review, Jabra Accessories India - Infibeam.com).

All in all, I am totally smitten by this toy!
Hi, you review is detailed and very helpful. I also plan to purchase this for my car. Few queries though:

1. Since this is a heavy device, how is the fit on the sun visor? Does it stay intact always? I hope it does not give out any rattling sound.

2. I checked the pricing at various places - flipkart is quoting 7150, ebay 6325 and infibeam 6150, whereas croma and ezone list the price as 7499 (MRP). With such huge difference, I am a bit worried about the genuineness of the gadget. What do you suggest.

Thanks!
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 16:01   #97
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,629
Thanked: 10,861 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
1. Since this is a heavy device, how is the fit on the sun visor? Does it stay intact always? I hope it does not give out any rattling sound.
It's not THAT heavy, and there are no issues relating to your concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
2. I checked the pricing at various places - flipkart is quoting 7150, ebay 6325 and infibeam 6150, whereas croma and ezone list the price as 7499 (MRP). With such huge difference, I am a bit worried about the genuineness of the gadget. What do you suggest.
I bought from Infibeam, and I have not faced any problems in terms of quality or genuineness of the product. Your call.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 18:39   #98
BHPian
 
Shreyas Aterkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I bought from Infibeam, and I have not faced any problems in terms of quality or genuineness of the product. Your call.
Your experience with infibeam has been good, others have had a good experience with ebay, so thinking of ordering from on of these websites. Infibeam does not have one in stock, so will wait for a day or two and then order. Thanks!
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 19:40   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,629
Thanked: 10,861 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Your experience with infibeam has been good, others have had a good experience with ebay...
One may not be able to verify the antecedents of vendors on Ebay, but Infibeam appears to be an online store similar to Flipkart, where the company takes responsibility for genuineness of products. You might want to phone them and find out when they will get the product in stock.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 09:07   #100
BHPian
 
Shreyas Aterkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
One may not be able to verify the antecedents of vendors on Ebay, but Infibeam appears to be an online store similar to Flipkart, where the company takes responsibility for genuineness of products. You might want to phone them and find out when they will get the product in stock.
+1 to that. Called up infibeam, they have no idea when they will receive it in stock but have asked them to notify me once it is in stock. Will wait and see else check out at some stores in Mumbai for the price.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:25   #101
BHPian
 
Shreyas Aterkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 252
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
One may not be able to verify the antecedents of vendors on Ebay, but Infibeam appears to be an online store similar to Flipkart, where the company takes responsibility for genuineness of products. You might want to phone them and find out when they will get the product in stock.
Got my Jabra Freeway today. Got it from ebay. Listed price Rs. 6325 + Rs. 55 as shipment charges so total Rs. 6380. I had a 7% ebay discount voucher, so the device costed me Rs. 5933. Ordered it on 19th Oct and got it today, pretty quick delivery. Seller is Protos Brands, Delhi. Tried it out, voice is pretty decent. Tried out the voice commands, Ignore did not work. Answer, callback and redial did work. Tomorrow will try it out in the car and will try the FM transmitter as well and post feedback about sound clarity.

Thanks to your detailed review and also feedback from others, already is love with the device, wifey also liked it very much.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 23rd October 2012 at 23:26.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 05:56   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan
Just bought a Jabra Freeway for my wife's i10. Costed me 5.8k (Ebay India - with 10% ICICI Discount).

So, I have both a Freeway and a Cruiser in my cars.

nstead of one.

Hope this helps
I saw this Jabra freeway in Malaysia a couple of months back at about 330 odd MYR and in Dubai recently at a price of 399 AED. Did not buy it at the time.
In India as of last week it was available in Sangeetha Mobile Store at about 5500/- Rs.
Typically it looks like it is a 100 USD machine so the pricing is quite fair.

Now that my iphone is on its way I think I shall buy me one of these thingys rather than the OEM Skoda Bluetooth setup which is quite expensive and will take the life out of some baboon in the service centre, to fit properly...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 11:42   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,257 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I saw this Jabra freeway in Malaysia a couple of months back at about 330 odd MYR and in Dubai recently at a price of 399 AED. Did not buy it at the time.
In India as of last week it was available in Sangeetha Mobile Store at about 5500/- Rs.
Typically it looks like it is a 100 USD machine so the pricing is quite fair.

Now that my iphone is on its way I think I shall buy me one of these thingys rather than the OEM Skoda Bluetooth setup which is quite expensive and will take the life out of some baboon in the service centre, to fit properly...
Which Sangeeta store has it for 5500 bucks?! Thats awesome pricing!
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 13:40   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,326 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Which Sangeeta store has it for 5500 bucks?! Thats awesome pricing!
Well the HSR store had it last week.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 14:42   #105
BHPian
 
pareshraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-T22...ht_1667wt_1271

Guys, I bought this directly from Ebay US. Does most of the basic stuff. The beauty is the price. I bought 4 units. 1 for self and 3 for friends. This brought down the international shipping cost. At the end of it, considering the dollar to be 55 bucks, it worked out INR 2000 per head including shipping.

Been using it for the last 4 months and the unit rocks. Till date, haven't found the need to charge it even once.

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the next best thing after Blue & Me? ... Try the Jabra SP700 roms In-Car Entertainment 58 26th August 2011 10:26
Bluetooth car kit or Bluetooth HU? thefreak In-Car Entertainment 53 24th November 2009 12:59
Wireless Speakerphone for your Car goldsun Gadgets, Computers & Software 1 18th August 2006 06:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks