Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 19th February 2013, 19:59   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post

This is the same that also has a detachable bluetooth right? And I think this retails for around 4k or less. If its the same, I saw it at one of the accessories shop. Could you post some more details about its features etc and a pic would be great. Thanks!

@ACS - Jabra freeway is a very good product. I have been using it since last 4 months now. Its very well built, looks premium. All the functionality is good and useful. Battery lasts really very long, more than a month for me. The only issue that I see with this is a lack of detachable bluetooth, so if you are with some people in the car and you want them not to listen to what the caller is saying, jabra wont do it for you. That is where this new Blaupunkt device comes in. However, it purely depends upon your need.
Mine is the one without the detachable headset. It cost 4150/- on The Mobile Store website.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 20:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

One more thing about this product is that, if you have your Bluetooth switched on , the moment you close the door of your car, it gets connected to your phone , which is super kool .
The range of the bluetooth connectivity is also very good .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 20:20   #123
ACS
BHPian

Default Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
One more thing about this product is that, if you have your Bluetooth switched on , the moment you close the door of your car, it gets connected to your phone , which is super kool .
The range of the bluetooth connectivity is also very good .

Cheers
Truly said. Forgot to mention in my review. Device auto on/off is also an awesome feature as many of us may forget to switch off after parking the car.
ACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 09:44   #124
ACS
BHPian

clear my below query
Is it possible to change the language in the device? I think my device has some kind of different accent(non US/UK English), I just want it to be US/UK English.
I saw a couple of official Jabra links wherein we can download the freeware and use. But the information is just adequate and misleading.

Did anyone try this? If yes please post your experience. Thanks.
Old 20th February 2013, 11:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

I'm interested in buying a BT device (wireless) which will help me answer calls while on the move without the need for changing the HU in my car.

While i have read through this thread, i also am curious to know how this one fares in comparison.

I've read quite a bit of reviews and Parrot's are ranked pretty high up in their finish and quality. Also there is not much difference in pricing between Jabra and Parrot.

Please suggest.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 12:07   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Please suggest.
Only issue I see is, Parrot does not appear to have a service support in India (or do they?), while Jabra does (through Redington).
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 12:18   #127
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
I'm interested in buying a BT device
Please suggest.
Parrot is a recommended brand by Volkswagen and its sold as an accessory through out all the VW showrooms. A nice brand which anyone can think of.
Even I doubt the service part like SST mentioned.
Old 20th February 2013, 13:24   #128
BHPian

Anyone has tried the Belkin hands free kit yet ? ANy opinion on it ?
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 00:19   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS View Post
Instead they showed me Supertooth Buddy Bluetooth set which costs INR 5500/-. Looks smaller and the built was not up to the mark. I discarded it as I was behind Jabra Freeway!
did you try out the supertooth for audio quality. Its available for 3k on snapdeal under some discount scheme and sounds really tempting at that cost.

Anyone else has any feedback on this supertooth buddy?
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 00:28   #130
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
did you try out the supertooth for audio quality. Its available for 3k on snapdeal under some discount scheme and sounds really tempting at that cost.

Anyone else has any feedback on this supertooth buddy?
No, I haven't tried in fact they didn't have any dummy piece available. As I told in one of my earlier posts, the built was not up to the mark compared to Jabra. But I happened to watch some videos in Youtube. As per the videos, sound quality is awesome. At this price(3K) it may be a good deal.
Old 21st February 2013, 01:14   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Anyone has tried the Belkin hands free kit yet ? ANy opinion on it ?
I will get on one soon and then post the review . I tried a few shops here before but it is out of stock. Tying to get it from Europe.
Regards
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 10:54   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Only issue I see is, Parrot does not appear to have a service support in India (or do they?), while Jabra does (through Redington).
I checked the prices of the Jabra Freeway kit and it is retailing for Rs. 7100/- on flipkart, Rs. 7500/- on Croma Retail, Rs. 6318/- on infibeam (out of stock), and Rs. 6413/- on gadgetsguru.in.

I also called Redington and they said they are only distributors for Jabra and they do not provide any kind of support (warranty or otherwise) on these products.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 11:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked the prices of the Jabra Freeway kit and it is retailing for Rs. 7100/- on flipkart, Rs. 7500/- on Croma Retail, Rs. 6318/- on infibeam (out of stock), and Rs. 6413/- on gadgetsguru.in.
Why is this product so expensive? I am using Nokia HF210 for quite some time now and it works absolutely fine for a cost of INR 2000/-.

Pardon my ignorance, but does Jabra offer any feature that Nokia does not?
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 11:14   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Why is this product so expensive? I am using Nokia HF210 for quite some time now and it works absolutely fine for a cost of INR 2000/-.

Pardon my ignorance, but does Jabra offer any feature that Nokia does not?
I checked the Nokia site and couldn't find any information on this product except for a brief writeup that it is a speaker phone. What features does this product have? Could you please let me know so i can make my choice?

I am inclined towards Parrot since it looks neat and classy but if i can get something equally good for a lower price range, then good
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 11:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked the Nokia site and couldn't find any information on this product except for a brief writeup that it is a speaker phone. What features does this product have? Could you please let me know so i can make my choice?
Got this link from e-bay:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ORIGINAL-NOKI...#ht_3522wt_906

I got it for 2080/- around 6 months back from e-bay. You shall find the features on this site. However, as per my experience it is very clear, easy to connect and one battery charge lasts about a week or more.

My other car has Nokia HF 35 W (or something like that). This model is installed by directly by connecting to the 12v socket. It is not clear for the person on the other end though. Got it for around 1500/-. Will not recommend it.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote