Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 19:22   #16
BHPian
 
DigitalSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 50
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Hey Nitin,
What a list to setup an enthralling acoustics !! Kudos for having such a brave heart to spend 100k+ just on speakers, DSP and amps in a brand new vehicle.
Like most other BHPians who are following this thread, I am also waiting for your detailed feedback post implementation/setup. So please share your experience.
Did you check with dealer/RM if any of these fitting voids company warranty?
DigitalSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 10:51   #17
BHPian
 
JeepSomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Hi Nitin,

What did you do with the Sub? Did you manage to find some place to fit it in? Or is it on top of the folded 3rd row? In which case, how easy is it to remove, incase you need to use that row? That i thought was the biggest challenge in the XUV - no apparent convenient place to house the sub, considering how little space there is behind/around the 3rd row. Perhaps a pic on that would be quite useful !!
JeepSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:42   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Hey Nitin,
What a list to setup an enthralling acoustics !! Kudos for having such a brave heart to spend 100k+ just on speakers, DSP and amps in a brand new vehicle.
Like most other BHPians who are following this thread, I am also waiting for your detailed feedback post implementation/setup. So please share your experience.
Did you check with dealer/RM if any of these fitting voids company warranty?
Since no wire's were cut, hence warranty should be intact.

As for the feedback after install, well i am still not completely satisfied with the sound. I mean if i compare it with my Ford Fiesta system, its way behind when it comes to imaging. I would need to spend some time in improving the image. I want to bring the sound above to dashboard or somewhere in the middle of the front windscreen, same like in fiesta.
Rest sound quality has improved a lot. With the DLS amp, mids are singing away to glory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Hi Nitin,

What did you do with the Sub? Did you manage to find some place to fit it in? Or is it on top of the folded 3rd row? In which case, how easy is it to remove, incase you need to use that row? That i thought was the biggest challenge in the XUV - no apparent convenient place to house the sub, considering how little space there is behind/around the 3rd row. Perhaps a pic on that would be quite useful !!
Sub is in the boot (above folded seats) and dancing around every time there is a bump or hard braking. Still thinking what to do. Any idea's?
Oh, its very easy to remove and re-install sub, infact today i came to office in my fiesta and had to remove the sub from XUV and put it back in fiesta,time taken: 30 seconds.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 12:59   #19
BHPian
 
Ranga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 319
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Since no wire's were cut, hence warranty should be intact.

As for the feedback after install, well i am still not completely satisfied with the sound. I mean if i compare it with my Ford Fiesta system, its way behind when it comes to imaging. I would need to spend some time in improving the image. I want to bring the sound above to dashboard or somewhere in the middle of the front windscreen, same like in fiesta.
Rest sound quality has improved a lot. With the DLS amp, mids are singing away to glory.

Sub is in the boot (above folded seats) and dancing around every time there is a bump or hard braking. Still thinking what to do. Any idea's?
Oh, its very easy to remove and re-install sub, infact today i came to office in my fiesta and had to remove the sub from XUV and put it back in fiesta,time taken: 30 seconds.
I had same problem with my Scorpio Sub . The solution offered was to tie it around the seats using a wellcrow based tape . This should make sure that the sub is sitting in a slot with minimum moment
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 13:53   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
I had same problem with my Scorpio Sub . The solution offered was to tie it around the seats using a wellcrow based tape . This should make sure that the sub is sitting in a slot with minimum moment
Thanks Ranga. Can you show me a pic of your sub for better understanding please.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 14:52   #21
BHPian
 
Ranga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 319
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Since no wire's were cut, hence warranty should be intact.

As for the feedback after install, well i am still not completely satisfied with the sound. I mean if i compare it with my Ford Fiesta system, its way behind when it comes to imaging. I would need to spend some time in improving the image. I want to bring the sound above to dashboard or somewhere in the middle of the front windscreen, same like in fiesta.
Rest sound quality has improved a lot. With the DLS amp, mids are singing away to glory.

Sub is in the boot (above folded seats) and dancing around every time there is a bump or hard braking. Still thinking what to do. Any idea's?
Oh, its very easy to remove and re-install sub, infact today i came to office in my fiesta and had to remove the sub from XUV and put it back in fiesta,time taken: 30 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks Ranga. Can you show me a pic of your sub for better understanding please.
The Welcrow version is very similar to that of whats available in Scorpio vehicle .

If u see the last row seats of the scorpio in the closed position , this has two welcrow based tapes . This is then tied to the head set part of the second row . This holds the third seat rows from falling down.

The version what i have got from my ICE integrator was very similar. If u do not use this kind of a solution , the chances of ur Subwoofer falling on the third seat rows is very high . This can result in the sub woofer getting damaged in the long run . My subwoofer is slim version and uses the exact space of what remains between the door and the third seat . So the welcrow tape can easily go around the sub wooofer and hold it .

If for some instance , if this solution is not available from ur ICE vendor , u can get one from a local suitcase repair shop . I had got these type of cables done for my parents trip to US in 2000 ( When check in baggage/ person was around 65Kgs )

Last edited by Ranga : 29th December 2011 at 15:20.
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 15:24   #22
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 529
Thanked: 309 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
No switch, used splitter to get around that. Bit 10 is a sound processor which helps in getting better sound quality from your stock HU. For better understanding, try the link below:

Audison bit - bit Ten
Would this help in getting good music out of a tablet installed in a car? If not, what equipment would help in getting good output out of a tablet (you can specify brand). I currently have a Pio headunit, JBL amp, boston in front and JBL at the rear. Thinking of switching over to touch screen, evaluating tab as an option.

for the set up. You can have a party on the go!

Last edited by mac187 : 29th December 2011 at 15:26.
mac187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:35   #23
BHPian
 
Joyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 98
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

WOW ! What a setup Nitin, real impressive. Am getting the delivery of my XUV around 10th Jan and wanted to go for a ICE update on an immediate basis, but 100 K is to steep for me to spend in one go. Can this kind of set-up be done in phases?? I mean if I get the speakers and one amp installed in first go and then go in for sound processor along with the 2nd amp and sub installed at a later stage.

Shall really appreciate your inputs on this.
Joyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:33   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
WOW ! What a setup Nitin, real impressive. Am getting the delivery of my XUV around 10th Jan and wanted to go for a ICE update on an immediate basis, but 100 K is to steep for me to spend in one go. Can this kind of set-up be done in phases?? I mean if I get the speakers and one amp installed in first go and then go in for sound processor along with the 2nd amp and sub installed at a later stage.

Shall really appreciate your inputs on this.
Thanks Joy. Of course you can go EMI way. Infact i too did the same. Most of the stuff was bought in Feb and rest while getting it all done. Its better to do it this way as you dont have to compromise on quality because of money constraint. Its better to buy good stuff whenever you have money rather than going in for lesser stuff.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:52   #25
BHPian
 
Joyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 98
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks Joy. Of course you can go EMI way. Infact i too did the same. ...... Its better to buy good stuff whenever you have money rather than going in for lesser stuff.
Thanks for the encouragement chief . Have spoken to my ICE installer, will get the sunfilm , front & back comps and 1 Amp done to start with, others to follow. By the way, did to manage to get any good foot-mats for the XUV?? Have looked at many places but haven't found anything which I really liked. With white XUV coming with beige interiors, getting good ones is getting even more difficult.
Joyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 21:43   #26
BHPian
 
DigitalSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 50
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Thanks for the encouragement chief . Have spoken to my ICE installer, will get the sunfilm , front & back comps and 1 Amp done to start with, others to follow. By the way, did to manage to get any good foot-mats for the XUV?? Have looked at many places but haven't found anything which I really liked. With white XUV coming with beige interiors, getting good ones is getting even more difficult.
Hey Joy,
I am also riding in the same boat. Have you managed to finalise the comps and amp that you will go with?
Have you considered JBL Full Range Speakers like JBL GTO-949 instead of Comps in front and rear?

Last edited by DigitalSoul : 2nd January 2012 at 22:00. Reason: added JBL option
DigitalSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:55   #27
BHPian
 
Joyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 98
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Well to be honest am royally confused. I can spend only somewhere around 40K at this moment of time. 2 sets of good components will cost me anywhere around 22K, a good sub will add another 8 to 10 grand to it, take another 5 k for all the wiring and paraphernalia, so with sunfilm and floor mats am already looking at around 40K. Will have to go for sub and another amp at a later stage.

Have not finalised the brand as of now (as per my initial discussions with my ICE installer, he is suggesting Infinity reference or polk audio) , let the XUV come first . The issue with going in for full range speakers is the placement, wifey wont let me forego the 3rd row of seats?? :( and they won't fit in the doors for sure . Am facing the same dilemma with the placement of the future sub,where to place it??
Joyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:28   #28
BHPian
 
JeepSomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks Joy. Of course you can go EMI way. Infact i too did the same. Most of the stuff was bought in Feb and rest while getting it all done. Its better to do it this way as you dont have to compromise on quality because of money constraint. Its better to buy good stuff whenever you have money rather than going in for lesser stuff.
Hi again Nitin,

So, if you were in my shoes - i.e. say 30k to spend right now - what would you get done first? Also, if the processor isnt in that start-up list you recommend, would the set up still sound good running through the stock HU?

Second - will Driven give me some good attention (and maybe some discounts too) if I refer to you?

Also, maybe, we should meet somewhere....considering the many things we have in common (not the least of which is Koncept )
JeepSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:13   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Thanks for the encouragement chief . Have spoken to my ICE installer, will get the sunfilm , front & back comps and 1 Amp done to start with, others to follow. By the way, did to manage to get any good foot-mats for the XUV?? Have looked at many places but haven't found anything which I really liked. With white XUV coming with beige interiors, getting good ones is getting even more difficult.
Great. So from where are you getting this done? Just a word of caution, please make sure that the wiring is good cause everything else can be upgraded easy e.g. comps, Sub, Amps etc, but its a pain to remove wiring and put a better one again.
And once its done, please do start a thread to show it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Hi again Nitin,

So, if you were in my shoes - i.e. say 30k to spend right now - what would you get done first? Also, if the processor isnt in that start-up list you recommend, would the set up still sound good running through the stock HU?
NR: I would first get a good wiring first. Then would add a comp in front and a coax at the back. And of course get front doors damped. This should come around 30K.
Second - will Driven give me some good attention (and maybe some discounts too) if I refer to you?
NR: off course he would (he better do ) Well Rana is a nice chap, he will for sure help you out. And yes you can mention that i referred you.
Note to Mods: I have nothing to do with Driven, except that i have had a good customer relation with them from a long time.
Also, maybe, we should meet somewhere....considering the many things we have in common (not the least of which is Koncept )
NR:That's indeed is a good idea. We can meet up on weekends. If you are planning to come to Driven on any weekend, let me know and we shall for sure meet.

Last edited by nitinralli : 3rd January 2012 at 20:15.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:41   #30
BHPian
 
Joyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 98
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Nitin: Thanks for the info mate. Shall definitely keep your suggestions in mind on the wiring bit (as per my ICE installer it will cost me around 5k for the wiring, he did tell me the brand but sorry don't recollect its name). Will get it done through Crossroads in Kamla Nagar, all my upgrades have been done with this guy and he always gives me the best product within my budget, lets me know honestly on what I should expect from the equipment I have shortlisted and is open about what is WB and whats from the grey market. Will start both initial ownership review and ICE update thread once have the XUV in hand .

Just a couple of quick questions:-

1) Do the back doors have decent space to add coaxs? Which ones are better Components or Coaxs?

2) How do you rate Infinity Kapa range?? Should I go for this or polk Audio?? Am ok to spend a couple of grands extra for a better product.
Joyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 116 10th May 2017 15:34
1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up kedarwalke Long-Term Ownership Reviews 209 12th November 2015 14:19
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks