Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 19th March 2006, 19:41   #1
Default Components?

K, I have a 500 watt Sony Xplod amp connected to an 800W Sub-woofer and 350W Pioneer blue co-axials rear speakers. I have blue cone 160W Pioneer front speakers.
Thing is, these are'nt connected to the amp coz the rear and the sub took all the channels,so they pretty much dont work. The amplification for my rears and sub is so much that I usually don't need to raise the volume too much to get an amazing effect. I wanted to change these to components coz I thought I would'nt have to buy another amp, but a friend of mine told me that I need an amp for my components also . Is it true,coz till now I was made to believe that you did not need to have any other extra amplification while using components?
Also, would yall suggest I pay a lil more and go in for the components or pay half the price and just put a 250W amp.
I have the setup in a Swift and the car rattles far too much coz of the bass. Does getting the doors, boot, etc packed help? Anyway to like....wave a wand and make all the noise go away???
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2006, 20:09   #2

Dear Venom

why dont u have a look on this section

u will find ur answer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ing-new-q.html (Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!)

According to me u dont really need a amp for components but if u put an amp u will get a better effect.

More check the section for ur solution.

rareone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2006, 23:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Use compo for front pods; power them from amp and rear speaker frm HU. Also power the sub frm teh amp.

Browse around; there are many splendid setup solutions in our ICE section
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 09:29   #4
Team-BHP Support

Even at this stage I would power the front speakers from the amp and the rear from the HU. That might satify your needs. If it does not we are still here. :-)
navin is offline   Reply With Quote