Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th May 2007, 10:37   #316
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up Ketchup....good to hear that you are satisfied....the sound you mentioned of the GTO is like disco type....if tamed well they can sound nice...if you get fatigue after listening for few min try to tune with the eq but like Navin Ji said keep it in a +2db range not more than that.....about the controls of the HU some feature you mentioned like the pause feature are the bad thing pioneer has to improve but there is a good remote control to access these features....like the remote has direct pause button....
explore the remote you will love controlling the HU from there...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 11:48   #317

Hi There
After some advice I been thrown a curve ball, in as much that the an Alpine HU might be better then the P6850. What I want to know is is the F1 Status gear all that alpine say it is and where can I see it and what am I looking for it. Is out of my price range of 2Lac for the total package of 6.1, I have taken Gunbirji advice and my own experience of audio setups and decided to go for @
Head Unit
Front center speaker
Front 3 way
Rear 2 way
Rear center speaker
1*12" sub
Two 7" headrest screens
One 10.5" roof monitor
and all the extras that go with a fit of this size and fitting cost
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 12:14   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Hi There
After some advice I been thrown a curve ball, in as much that the an Alpine HU might be better then the P6850. What I want to know is is the F1 Status gear all that alpine say it is and where can I see it and what am I looking for it. Is out of my price range of 2Lac for the total package of 6.1, I have taken Gunbirji advice and my own experience of audio setups and decided to go for @
Head Unit
Front center speaker
Front 3 way
Rear 2 way
Rear center speaker
1*12" sub
Two 7" headrest screens
One 10.5" roof monitor
and all the extras that go with a fit of this size and fitting cost
So which brands you have auditioned till now...Alpine F1 is out of the question here it will take you budget to more than a million....but alpine HU (which one) better than the P6850 but in which respect ?
Old 26th May 2007, 15:19   #319
BHPian

Default audio set up for an my dad

Hi audio gurus,
My dad bought a new Santro and i am looking to get him a decent audio system. Music he listens to would be old Hindi movie songs ( Rafi, Mukesh, kishore kumar etal) , classical music. What sort of speakers are good for this choice. I already have a Sony head unit CDS-R3410s and sony 51/4" speakers which i plucked out form his old Maruti 800 and would like to reuse them. Only back speakers are required. Should i go for oval ones or round ones? what make depending on the choice of music? He doesnt like loud and harsh music and would like to have a softer setup. Also please let me know where i can buy the speaker and get em installed?
thanks,
Shaz

Last edited by shazikon : 26th May 2007 at 15:22.
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 17:58   #320
BHPian

Thanks folks for reading and for your suggestions. Navin thanks for the link to Hyderogenaudio.

LBM: I've started doing that - using the remote to control the system. Though the remote also doesn't have a pause button.

D Kiran, This is for you, more pix:

A close-up of the Tweeter.

I didn't take a pic when the door panel was off. But I'll tell you the installer used a spacer ring around 1/2" thick as the 607 is a bit deep - you don't want it going in too far back or obstructing window operation. The door panel has enough space for the spacer ring. You can look at the 607 pix @ Romeo4u's post here, it looks much like this with the spacer minus the cover (he got his install the same day at Sprocket)

A pic of the 6x9; As you can see I've not placed it on the plastic tray (2nd pic)

Note: they DO NOT fit in the City's lower metal tray. The installer drove the car to a welding shop and got the cutting done with a gas torch, the cutting wasn't neat, but he said its cleaner than using cutting tools. His view.

If you don't have the heart to cut the metal, you could try using a spacer ring, that will raise the speaker by .5 - 1" - I found that there is nearly 1" gap between the speaker and the rear plastic tray. I should've done that. Just try and see if it'll fit - don't hold me to it though!!

Do let us know if that works!!!!
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 20:20   #321
BHPian

@Ketchup: Thanks a lot for the pics. That answers all my questions. I think I will try using a spacer for the rears as well.
d.kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 23:51   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
LBM: I've started doing that - using the remote to control the system. Though the remote also doesn't have a pause button.
there is a PGM button on the remote that can be used to program to pause the CD.. check further details in the manual...
Old 26th May 2007, 23:56   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
what sort of speakers are good for this choice. I already have a Sony head unit CDS-R3410s and sony 51/4" speakers which i plucked out form his old Maruti 800 and would like to reuse them. Only back speakers are required.
he 5.25" speakers would fit in the sanrto's rear pods. you can add a pair of 4" coax in the front (JBL's CS series seems to be the speaker of choice amongst my friends). If the budget permits a small 4ch. amp would help a lot. I have a soft spot for kids who are doing such things for their dads.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 23:58   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Note: they DO NOT fit in the City's lower metal tray!!!
Ouch. Dont do that. Make them make a sub panel out of MDF.

If you have access to a plama or better still wter jet cutting machine make a panel our of 6mm SS on the machine and weld that panel in place. Then damp it using Dynamat extreme or similar product.
Old 27th May 2007, 00:09   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you have access to a plama or better still wter jet cutting machine make a panel our of 6mm SS on the machine and weld that panel in place. Then damp it using Dynamat extreme or similar product.
that would increase the price of installation very much....only the SS (stainless steel) sheet would cost 1k or more....
Old 27th May 2007, 00:54   #326
BHPian

Quote:
T

Thats a nice install Ketchup, whn did you got it installed ? on the same date?

Reg Amp why are you hiding it, won't it over heat if you are covering it.

Gurus: will there be any diff between the sound levels between the covered one like above and not covered one?
romyeo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 01:01   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Thats a nice install Ketchup, whn did you got it installed ? on the same date?

Reg Amp why are you hiding it, won't it over heat if you are covering it.

Gurus: will there be any diff between the sound levels between the covered one like above and not covered one?
no difference in sound but the covered one might trip while operating due to heating up...
Old 27th May 2007, 11:44   #328
BHPian

thanks Navin.. i never thought about using the 5.25s at the rear..
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 11:51   #329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
that would increase the price of installation very much....only the SS (stainless steel) sheet would cost 1k or more....
If cost is the factor the MDF sheet would do too.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:24   #330
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I had my amp installed in the boot, and the installer recommended covering it up with the carpeting, I was also concerned about the amp heating and asked, I got a "Kucchbhi nahi hota saab!!". I should have known better!! I think I'll punch venting holes in the carpeting.

At the time, I thought there was NO other place I could have put it, how wrong I was. I was driving, and just turned around to inspect my car and was zapped at what I saw:

Its a pic of the rear seat, the whole space under the seat is empty and accessible, it doesn't look like much from this angle, but there's plenty of room!! I can use it for amps in the future, or I could engineer a sub box to go in there!! What a surprise, I thought the seat sides are usually covered up or something.

D.Kiran, I hope you are reading this.

Romyo4u, I got it installed the same day you got your install.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote