Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th February 2012, 13:12   #16
BHPian

Default Re: CASKA: the biggest mistake of my life. What do I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Do not know how I missed that line. Sorry mate.

The shops here are closed today. Will post the model number tomorrow.

I did take a picture of the screen which had firmware details. Do not know how much help that would be.
Ok, let me do a little bit of research and get back to you. Do let me know the model number as soon as you can.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 13:22   #17
BHPian

Default Re: CASKA: the biggest mistake of my life. What do I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Ok, let me do a little bit of research and get back to you. Do let me know the model number as soon as you can.
Found some more info.
The bill says that the model number is Caska IN 3678G CAR DVD Player.
mjumrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 13:45   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: CASKA: Horrible experience with this shoddy product

Have never been a fan of Caska, wonder why you opted for it. All that is behind us now. I think you can lodge a complaint with the dealer, who palmed this set on to your car. Even if nothing comes out of it, think of it this way that you are better off than some members with serious problems with their rides lying in the garage for weeks to months (saying this just to make you feel better). I'm not saying you should take it down lying, you should definitely complain. In India a customer who creates a 'ruckus' gets things, probably you should.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 13th February 2012 at 13:48.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 16:54   #19
BHPian

As status update, Caska will be sending a service personnel tomorrow (doubt his technical understanding as I dealt with him the last time and he kept on calling someone else to get an answer to my questions).

A very minute step forward, thus I am not keeping my hopes high.

Will update again when there is further development.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Caska sources the HU from China and sells/markets them. I guess they're still pretty new, hence may not have setup a proper technical response center. Unfortunately, you happened to have got a defective unit. Going by their urge to develop, I'm pretty sure they'd sort you out.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 19:03   #21
BHPian

Caska sent one of their so called service personnel.
All he did was keep on saying that nothing is wrong, not even listening to what I was trying to say.
According to him the only issue is that the memory card I put in is not supported.
I actually felt like punching the guy, but I just told him to leave.

Ring Road Honda is being very ignorant about my problem.
I think its time to raise this issue with Honda.
Old 16th February 2012, 01:09   #22
vcx
BHPian

I am sure this is either a defective or has OS issues, many Honda city users are also using the Caska without issues as listed and so are on Civic's and Accords.

But one point here, if you have got Caska in offer where in you had foregone Free insurance , you should as well asked that the OEM head unit be given to you , so as the circumstance like this could be dealt.

I am sure the dealer upon hard bargain could have accommodated the deal where you have both Caska and old OEM unit.
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 01:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
I am sure this is either a defective or has OS issues, many Honda city users are also using the Caska without issues as listed and so are on Civic's and Accords.

But one point here, if you have got Caska in offer where in you had foregone Free insurance , you should as well asked that the OEM head unit be given to you , so as the circumstance like this could be dealt.

I am sure the dealer upon hard bargain could have accommodated the deal where you have both Caska and old OEM unit.
I did ask them for the OEM HU to be given to me but to no avail. The dealership manager has been very courteous with me so I did not create a ruckus about it.
But I have told them to look into it and return it to me.

@ALL, Caksa's Naveen has not even bothered to reply to the email, nor is he pickup the calls
Old 16th February 2012, 01:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

what more can you expect from a player which costs not more than 7k and people buy it happily for 50k Showroom accessory counters are nothing but a rip-off half or zero knowledge bunch of sales team which boosts sales only on one line "Sir,anything from outside will void your warranty"

A friend got a caska in his Honda Jazz just 2 days of his delivery told the sales guy remove this and get me a Pioneer guess what the guy replied."Sorry sir,Pioneer cannot be fitted in any honda models,the wiring harness is just not compatible to support it"
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 01:33   #25
BHPian

All my car related buys are on hold till this issue is resolved.

I will create hell from them if I have to and put Honda's reputation to the test. As of now its just on emails and call, there are a lot more things possible.
Old 20th February 2012, 21:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All my car related buys are on hold till this issue is resolved.

I will create hell from them if I have to and put Honda's reputation to the test. As of now its just on emails and call, there are a lot more things possible.
Any resolution/progress?
AbhiJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 14:16   #27
BHPian

Sorry guys. I have been very busy and this is the first time I am visiting TBHP in more than a week.

There has been no progress as such.

Ring Road Honda is still asking for more time to discuss about what they can do as the HU was part of an offer.

Caska says that their Chinese Engineering Team is coming sometime in march and until then they will not do anything.

I am stuck at the moment and I have no clue what to do next. These guys just keep asking for more and more time.
Old 5th March 2012, 23:07   #28
BHPian

Update:

CASKA has not been very responsive about the situation now. To add to their miserable performance in A.S.S., their representative called me and told me that it only supports cards upto 2GB. I have lost hope from their end.

But there is good news, Ring Road Honda has offered to take back the unit and give me 30000 bucks for it. They will of course fit the original civic unit back.
I think I am going to accept this proposal as I got the unit as an offer.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by mjumrani : 5th March 2012 at 23:24.
Old 5th March 2012, 23:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
But there is good news, Ring Road Honda has offered to take back the unit and give me 30000 bucks for it. They will of course fit the original civic unit back.

What do you guys think?
Go for it. You are not happy with Caska anyways and 2GB limit is like.

Take 30k from Ring Road Honda. Original Civic HU is not bad. Enjoy it for few days, and then if you feel need, you can buy a full touchscreen unit like JVC, etc for around 20k with bluetooth, etc.

These units are compatible with optional GPS devices like satguide, etc. which sells for 10k approx.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 00:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

What do you guys think?
Unless your insurance cost a lot more than 30K, what the dealer is doing is essentially offering you the 1Re insurance. Take it in a heart beat and then after some time, evaluate whether it is worth putting in a better system to replace the stock honda unit.

Also, do remember that today most Head Units and other electronics are made in China, so whatever you upgrade to will also probably be made in China. That does not mean that all Chinese products are bad. It is all a question of QC at the factory is all.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote