Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th February 2012, 13:42   #16
BHPian

Default Re: ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)

Hello Navin

We were not testing on frequency test tone , we were checking the max SPL on regular bass songs . This DB test done in DB grag event , and winner was LBM for producing MAX SPL @ 144.9DB . I am not competing with LBM , i was just quoting his db figures here . According to LBM after break in of my sub woofer will run it on 2 ohms as right now its switched to 4 ohms .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
10db is a big difference. at what frequency are you testing? Or is this the MAX SPL the woofer can produce at any frequency?
Thanks iFuel , i am very sorry as prices cant be disclosed at which i got below equipments .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
@ Safari beast, that is one heck of a set-up. I seriously loved the Mono Block and the woofer and the head unit looks tempting as well.

Would it be possible for you to send(PM) me the price break up of the head unit, the sub woofer and the mono block amp as I am looking for these for my stage 2 & 3 set up for my ICE in my new swift. Also do tell me if the steering audio controls are functioning. Thanks a lot in advance.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 14:16   #17
BHPian

Hello Bhpians ,

Few days ago on a weekend , i made video of my ICE and making my shaldan perfume dance to the tunes of akon . Here is small video showing my setup . Hope you all like it . Mods if you find inappropriate please delete it .

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th March 2012 at 23:17. Reason: Fixed video embed link.
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 06:18   #18
BHPian

My friend clicked a snap of my headunit , what you think bhpians about it . I find it uber cool and sexy .
Attached Thumbnails
ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-072.jpg  

Old 17th August 2012, 15:08   #19
BHPian

Nice one Buddy !

Can you let me know where did you get this sub from and at what price. I am planning to buy one so please help.
Alive2Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 19:20   #20
BHPian

Thnks , its an infinity kappa sub and it will cost you 12000 INR . This sub will be available with Driven , motor concepts . Get a good mono amp to drive this sub to its full potential , if you are planning to get this sub .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Nice one Buddy !

Can you let me know where did you get this sub from and at what price. I am planning to buy one so please help.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

+1 for the Kappa sub (should be a bit less). And use a smaller than normal box with some polywool stuffing in the box. And then boom-shakalaka ...
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2012, 09:41   #22
BHPian

Hello Bhpains

My swift ICE was performing well but there was an itch to upgrade . Then i thought why upgrade instead i should look for things where i can improve my existing setup with minimal investments . I went through the thread on audio forum where seen people using high quality wires for speakers which resulted in better sound stage . Existing setup was running on scosche wires which are pretty good but are not thick from inside ( copper content ) . Called up motor concepts to enquire about 16 AWG wire ,but they had only rockford fosgate wire available. Checked with LBM the ICE guru to check about the RF , he said go and grab it . There RF wires has more copper content then normal 16 AWG wires available in market . Last time my swift was ICEd , the speakers wires were not connected to speakers directly . This time i compelled my ICE installer to get the wire routed directly to speakers so that speakers get optimum power from amps with no loss . End result is better sound stage , better detailed music from front components .

ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-wire.jpg

There were 4 sheets of dampmat which was left , and there were some squeaks from doors panels so all the door panels were damped . After door panel damping , sound stage inside the car has got increased by 10 percent .
ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-damp.jpg

My friend was coming from US , so i ordered some stuff from sonic electronix which delivered the goods at his place .

ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-items.jpg

Earlier the amps were connected through thimbles to single wire coming from the battery . So now they have been powered properly using distribution block . Some of the pictures from recent install of distribution block .

ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-img_20121118_162946.jpg

ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-img_20121122_131334.jpg
Here is the picture of my subwoofer in big ported box designed by LBM , which i never shared with you bhpians . This goes very louddd , one has to experience the bass and air which it pushes out .

ICE'd my Toy (Maruti Swift)-woofer.jpg

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 3rd December 2012 at 09:44. Reason: correction
Old 16th April 2013, 13:28   #23
BHPian

Hi Safari Beast,

Nice ICE setup !!

How much did you get the PAC for the steering controls cost you ?

Please reply ASAP as I have to get it installed this sunday.
Alive2Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 16:41   #24
BHPian

Hello Alive2Drive

I have PAC lying idle at home , its packed . If you need we can talk offline on this , my friend got it from US for 54 dollars .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Safari Beast,

Nice ICE setup !!

How much did you get the PAC for the steering controls cost you ?

Please reply ASAP as I have to get it installed this sunday.