Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th March 2006, 18:51   #1
Default Rear parcel shelf for Baleno

Hi Guys,

I heard that the rear-parcel shelf is very thin in the factory fitted vxi. has any one changed it to a thicker shelf and found sound improvement for the same factory fitted 'kenwood' speakers?

And also i heard that we need to buy speaker covers as with new parcel shelft the speaker will be visible from the top which is concealed as of now?

Where can i get these speaker covers and how much do they cost?
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2006, 19:58   #2

The parcel shelf that comes with the baleno should be sufficient to handle the OE speakers. However, if you want to upgrade to bigger speakers, you will definitely need to get this changed to thicker particle\mdf board. There will not be any significant benefit if you change the parcel tray with the standard speakers. Even if you do, you will not need speaker covers, the original plastic moulded ones can be made to fit from top even after the board is changed.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote