Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2006, 21:57   #46
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey
I have Kicker 6" component in front, Pioneer 6" coaxial in rear, Blaupunkt 12" sebwoofer, Sony 500W amplifier, and a Pioneer 3950 Cd player.
Good!!!!!!!!!!! so what are we supposed to do? Just joking!

Cheers
prince85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 12:22   #47
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey
I have Kicker 6" component in front, Pioneer 6" coaxial in rear, Blaupunkt 12" sebwoofer, Sony 500W amplifier, and a Pioneer 3950 Cd player.
Feels nice to share doesn't it? Actually there is a thread here somewhere where you can post details of your system. Umm.. can someone guide young bunty to it? Welcome bunty, enjoy yourself here. We're all friends and we all enjoy goodquality sound. I am sure you must be happy with your system. What car is it in?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 12:32   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

OK... try this

Say this in your best amitabh bachhan voice... "Mere paas Kicker 6" component in front, Pioneer 6" coaxial in rear, Blaupunkt 12" sebwoofer, Sony 500W amplifier, aur ek Pioneer 3950 Cd player hai"...... "Tumhare Paas Kya Hai"
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 13:13   #49
BHPian
 
prince85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 967
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
OK... try this

Say this in your best amitabh bachhan voice... "Mere paas Kicker 6" component in front, Pioneer 6" coaxial in rear, Blaupunkt 12" sebwoofer, Sony 500W amplifier, aur ek Pioneer 3950 Cd player hai"...... "Tumhare Paas Kya Hai"
Gunman, i would like to add a word to the last line in your post. It would be like this. "Tumhare Paas Kya Hai................... Haain!! . Sounds better, ain't it, typical AB ishtyle.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 31st March 2006 at 13:15.
prince85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 16:38   #50
BHPian
 
vahss_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Thane(Mumbai)
Posts: 115
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

lol haha ............is there some one saying " Mere Pass Boom Box hai" ...lol
vahss_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 23:17   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 690
Thanked: Once
Default

Mere paas mummy hai. When mummy knew I spent 24K on my car audio system she shouted at me. I could not hear music from the system. Only mummy's gaali.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 01:17   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,501
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

what about dad. my mom did not dare shout. my dad actually encouraged my madness. for someone born in 1922 his favs were Pink Floyd and The Eagles.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 14:34   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 690
Thanked: Once
Default

My dad was like "we have a Bush 12W 2-in-1. why the hell do you want to build these huge speakers for the house."

Mom later began to appreciate my DIY efforts. By the way, mom's brother has been a DIYer for about 35 years.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:26   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,501
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

Now you got a sfot spot work on your mom's brother and let him talk for you.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:07   #55
cnu
BHPian
 
cnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
You dont have to cut the tweeters just disconnect them. Few coax allow you to really cut the tweeter assembly off.
Guys, I have a Sony HU install and a set of following Xplods in the rear.

XS-GT6947X
6 x 9 4-Way Coaxial Speaker:
Peak Power:400W
Rated Input Power: 100W
Frequency response: 25Hz-32kHz
HOP Cone Woofer with Strontium Ferrite Magnet
50mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet
Woofer:
66mm Paper Cone
55mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet
Tweeter:
25mm PEI Balanced Dome
Piezo Magnet Super Tweeter

Have the stock speakers in the front and no additional tweeters.

Is there a way to increase the bass without adding a sub ? Does the above suggestion of cutting out the tweeters help in this case ? If so, then appreciate some inputs on how to do that.

Cheers
cnu
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:28   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
Is there a way to increase the bass without adding a sub ? Does the above suggestion of cutting out the tweeters help in this case ? If so, then appreciate some inputs on how to do that.
Please do not cut your tweeters off. Some of the discussion here (like that one) is between advanced users with good experience. Some of it is tongue in cheek.

I repeat dont cut off the tweeters of your speakers.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:12   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,501
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu

Guys, I have a Sony HU install and a set of following Xplods in the rear.

XS-GT6947X
6 x 9 4-Way Coaxial Speaker:
Peak Power:400W
Rated Input Power: 100W
Frequency response: 25Hz-32kHz
HOP Cone Woofer with Strontium Ferrite Magnet
50mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet
Woofer:
66mm Paper Cone
55mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet
Tweeter:
25mm PEI Balanced Dome
Piezo Magnet Super Tweeter

Have the stock speakers in the front and no additional tweeters.

Is there a way to increase the bass without adding a sub ? Does the above suggestion of cutting out the tweeters help in this case ? If so, then appreciate some inputs on how to do that.

Cheers
cnu
Geez. Sony makes a hash out of printing their specs.
That should read...
HOP Woofer cone (6x9)
66mm paper Midrange
25mm PEI dome tweeter
Piezo super tweeter (there is no such thing as a Piezo magnet)
that makes it a 4 way

and what's with this Strontium Ferrite. "St-Fe" is nice but I doubt it is worth the difference in performance over Barium Ferrite esp at this level of speaker design. St-Fe has a wider BH curve (ablity to store more magnetic energy) than Ba-Fe but to use this other factors must also be right. I hope this is simple. A digression in magnetic fields and circuits in transducer design would warrant another forum.

dont cut the drivers off. all you need to do is carefully snip the wires going to the mid and tweeters. if you look carefully you will see silver tinsel leads running from the 6x9 woofer cone to the 3 high frequency drivers. if are sure you are able to solder these leads back feel free to snip them or desolder them and listen.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 16:16   #58
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,501
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Please do not cut your tweeters off. Some of the discussion here (like that one) is between advanced users with good experience. Some of it is tongue in cheek..
Tongue in cheek? me? about speakers? goodness gracious no!

In ancase case dont snip the tweeters of. very few speakers allow you to do that (only 2 way speakers can allow this and that too only if the tweeter can be replaced with a phase plug).

and disconnecting the tweeters will not increase the bass but will change the balance in favour of the bass. the quantity and quality of the bass wont change. the best time to do this is
a) when you have a pair of speaker with great bass but poor at everythign else (shrill treble for example_
b) when you make a pair of component speakers out of a coax.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:29   #59
Newbie
 
Vasanthan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Need Suggestions for Rear Speakers

1 - Kenwood KFC-6993 ( 500W-5way-110W rms )
2 - Alpine SPG 69C3 ( 350W-3way-90W rms )
3 - JBL GTO 948 ( 400W-3way-100W rms )

Which one is best in SQ ??
Vasanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 12:55   #60
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,501
Thanked: 3,879 Times
Default Re: Need Suggestions for Rear Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasanthan View Post
1 - Kenwood KFC-6993 ( 500W-5way-110W rms )
2 - Alpine SPG 69C3 ( 350W-3way-90W rms )
3 - JBL GTO 948 ( 400W-3way-100W rms )

Which one is best in SQ ??
Just by the reputations of the manufacturers concerned the JBL and Alpine 6x9s should outperform the Kenwood. The rest however depends on taste.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best gear oil & best coolant & best engine decarb: please cyneverdie Technical Stuff 7 19th October 2007 03:57
best rear speakers available in the market? partypest In-Car Entertainment 19 27th September 2007 16:20
Need some input on reducing rattling noise in the rear due to the oval speakers partypest In-Car Entertainment 4 5th January 2007 07:49
Suggest rear speakers avellat In-Car Entertainment 4 29th August 2006 17:14
Please advice rear speakers amit_sound In-Car Entertainment 18 12th January 2006 10:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks