Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th March 2012, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Default SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd

After getting the car I decided to change / upgrade the ICE of the car. Most of the components are taken from my earlier Swift. The main components that are installed are as follows:

Head Unit – Pioneer P80RS
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800018.jpg

Dynamat Xtreme used damping front door and boot.
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800007.jpg
4 GA Scosche amp wiring kit.
Bandridge 16 AWG speaker cable
Scosche RCA Cables 5m
Front Stage - DLS UP6i (Mid bass) + Carbon CH-1 Horns
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012020400002.jpg
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012020400003.jpg
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800019.jpg
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800020.jpg

Rear Stage – illusion Carbon Nd8(Mid bass) + DLS UP6i (Crossovers) + DLS UP6i (Tweeters)
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800008.jpg
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800009.jpg

Subwoofer - Ground Zero GZRW 12XD-AL in Fiberglass Subs Enclosure.
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800010.jpg
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800011.jpg

To power the front Stage using STEG K4.01 in Active X over mode
To power the rear Stage using STEG K2.01
To power the subs using the Ground Zero GZRA 1.1000D.
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800006.jpg

View of the Boot.
SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd-img2012030800012.jpg

The ICE installation was done at 4S Audio by Ajay and his team.
After the installation was complete, I took the delivery of the car and on the way back from Mumbai to Pune is was one memorable pure musical drive.
All I can say is that something are very hard to describe using words and I was also in that situation after I heard the setup for the first time. You have to listen to it to believe it.
I thank Ajay and his team for the wonderful work they have done for Fiesta.
kumar_ranjan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd

Let me be the first one to Congratulate you on your setup.

The equipment is brilliant, the DLS speakers are pure bliss IMHO and so are the Carbon components.

Just one question, why did you choose to install the Carbons in the rear instead of the fronts.

I am sure it must be a hard deciosn which ones i.e. components to put in the back.

Last edited by invincible7 : 13th March 2012 at 14:55.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 15:53   #3
BHPian

Default Re: SuperChipped Fiesta 1.6S Now ICEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post

Just one question, why did you choose to install the Carbons in the rear instead of the fronts.
The front sound stage comprises Illusion horns and a DLS mid bass. The Illusion horns can and do blow the pants off a lot of component systems, including the Carbons. These are pretty legendary and just before the manufacturing stopped, they were retailing for around $1100 a pair!

They can go insanely loud and, when set up right, sound superbly sweet. I'm told music greats like Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen had these in their cars, along with our Kumar Ranjan, of course
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 16:01   #4
BHPian

Thanks Vikram18, I am very much aware about the Illusion horns and what they can do . I have heard them too couple of times and yes they are brilliant to say the least.

What I meant in my question was, why did he choose to drive the DLS mid basses in the front in comparison to the Carbons as both are equally good or did he try using the Carbons first and felt the DLS were more apt for his kind of taste in music.
Old 13th March 2012, 16:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:

What I meant in my question was, why did he choose to drive the DLS mid basses in the front in comparison to the Carbons as both are equally good or did he try using the Carbons first and felt the DLS were more apt for his kind of taste in music.
Can't say for sure, but just maybe the 8" Carbons might be a little overpowering, compared to the 6.5" DLS.

Personally, with a good subwoofer kicking hard, I've always found 8" too overpowering for my taste
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 08:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:

I am sure it must be a hard deciosn which ones i.e. components to put in the back.
Yes it was a hard decision which one to put, but putting 8” in the front means modification of the door to fit it. I had done it in my earlier swift and for fiesta I did not want to do any modification to the doors. Thus it was decided to go in for DLS as I think it is one of the best mid bass you can get at my budget. People know what DLS mid bass are capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
They can go insanely loud and, when set up right, sound superbly sweet. I'm told music greats like Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen had these in their cars, along with our Kumar Ranjan, of course
Thank you for the honour given to me by putting my name along the greats of music industry.
kumar_ranjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 11:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
People know what DLS mid bass are capable of.
Very True, DLS are one of the best speakers one can get hands on. I am still enjoying them in my car and plan to upgrade to the next level with DLS only probably the Nordica/Gothia.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the ICE, could you share the source and the costs for the Stegs and the DLS 6 mid bass.

Quote:
After the installation was complete, I took the delivery of the car and on the way back from Mumbai to Pune is was one memorable pure musical drive.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 13:43   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I am still enjoying them in my car and plan to upgrade to the next level with DLS only probably the Nordica/Gothia.
Those Nordica/Gothia are nice piece of equipments , will be waiting for your upgrade and review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations on the ICE, could you share the source and the costs for the Stegs and the DLS 6 mid bass.
All the ICE equipments were sourced by Ajay (B&T) you can PM him for the price details.

Last edited by kumar_ranjan : 14th March 2012 at 13:45.
Old 14th March 2012, 17:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bass&Trouble,

In case you are reading this thread, I am looking for a good mono or a two channel amplifier to drive the IDQ 12 v3 D2 installed in my vehicle. Do suggest a suitable solution. Thanks in advance for the same

I am attaching a snap of your handiwork albeit in its current avatar.
Name:  DSC031261 2.JPG
Views: 2516
Size:  396.3 KB

As you can see currently an Audison LRx 4.1K is powering up the Focals and also driving the IDQ. I am thinking of switching to Hertz mille upfront and biamp them, hence the need to feed the IDQ separately.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I'm told music greats like Michael Jackson and Bruce Springsteen had these in their cars, along with our Kumar Ranjan, of course
Quote:
Thank you for the honour given to me by putting my name along the greats of music industry.
Have you been in bed with young kids too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In case you are reading this thread, I am looking for a good mono or a two channel amplifier to drive the IDQ 12 v3 D2 installed in my vehicle. Do suggest a suitable solution. Thanks in advance for the same

As you can see currently an Audison LRx 4.1K is powering up the Focals and also driving the IDQ. I am thinking of switching to Hertz mille upfront and biamp them, hence the need to feed the IDQ separately.
Have you heard the Hertz Mille?

Anyway, why not stick with the same family of amplifiers and get a LRx mono to go with the 4.1? 1.1k's a good amplifier, and will look at home with the 4.1 too.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 19:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

While I have not heard the Milles, earlier too I had neither heard the Focals nor heard of them, LOL.

Do feel free to recommend something other than the Hertz. I just wanted to get a taste of what this bi amping is all about otherwise I simply love what the Focals are doing at this point in time.

I was lucky to lay my hands on a new 4.1 that someone got from the UAE but then did not use. Now, how does one get the 1.1? Is it now locally available? ball park spend?? Again my thanks in advance.

PS : good one there on MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Have you heard the Hertz Mille?

Anyway, why not stick with the same family of amplifiers and get a LRx mono to go with the 4.1? 1.1k's a good amplifier, and will look at home with the 4.1 too.
Old 15th March 2012, 00:33   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Ranjan, would love to hear this Fiesta when I am in Pune
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 08:15   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Nice one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Ranjan, would love to hear this Fiesta when I am in Pune
You are most welcome to do so, when you are in Pune, buzz me and we can meet up.