Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd April 2006, 23:34   #16
BHPian

hey thanks for all those replies.
now can anybody help me in selecting the best hu out of these??

Pioneer 6750mp ,7750mp ,5850mp , 6850 mp.
i would bew using the onboard amp of the hu to power the speaker & may upgrade with an amp eventually.then which woukd be the better choice??
out of these which is the best?my dad is now in singapore & so may buy it from there if its cheaper.can anybody get me with the price in india? (B&W not neccesary but should be a genuine product) .

also is 8650 mp way more costlier than above mentioned models?
1 last query.i find from pioneer site that 6750 comes with oel display ,but the one in my friends car is dot matrix.why is it so??
also what are advanteges of oel display?
Thanks for bearing me
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 23:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

As teh number goes up the price too does. 8 and 9 series are better as tehy have Blur Brown DAC.

Or try Alpines. CAn you get me one Any Alpine in CDA series

I ws quoted 7250rs for Pio 6*50 last week.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 00:00   #18
BHPian

7250 for 6*50??
6850 or 6750?actually i liked the display of both but which is better.does the greaqter price of 6850 give better sound reproduction as im gonna use the onboard amp?i wont be using those silly itunes apllication.i need it just to use it for audio cds & mp3s
Old 24th April 2006, 00:34   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Whts the diff bw 6750 and 6850? I was quoted for one of those or maybe 6250 if taht exist. Damn nos.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2006, 23:05   #20
BHPian

Hello Everybody....after long long 9 months deciding my famliy went for baleno last month and got my baleno iced.
It consist of
HU : Pioneer 6850
Front speakers : JBL 607c
REar speakers : JBL 937

well the jbl 937 is brilliant in terms of bass production and i very much love the treble from the tweeter of 607c.
Well from my experience i found tht for fitting 6" components in front the plastic holder for speaker had to be cut.or else the magnet of the spker wont fit in.
The installation i suspect was not upto the mark.
Now i need the help of fellow tbhpians as am facing a prtoblem.
The front component tweeter produce excellent treble but the 6" woofer dont produce much sound and produce more of a vibration.There is absolutely no bass production.Is this due to bad product or bad installation??
the fool installer just cut the holder and screwed the 6" woofer onto the holder.Usually is this the rite method??i mean do the installers keep some dampening material between the speaker holder and the speaker rim???
Really am satisfied with the JBL 937 but the vibration and lack of bass from the 607 c is backning me off......please help out fellow icers
Old 9th November 2006, 00:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
Hello Everybody....after long long 9 months deciding my famliy went for baleno last month and got my baleno iced.
It consist of
HU : Pioneer 6850
Front speakers : JBL 607c
REar speakers : JBL 937

well the jbl 937 is brilliant in terms of bass production and i very much love the treble from the tweeter of 607c.
Well from my experience i found tht for fitting 6" components in front the plastic holder for speaker had to be cut.or else the magnet of the spker wont fit in.
The installation i suspect was not upto the mark.
Now i need the help of fellow tbhpians as am facing a prtoblem.
The front component tweeter produce excellent treble but the 6" woofer dont produce much sound and produce more of a vibration.There is absolutely no bass production.Is this due to bad product or bad installation??
the fool installer just cut the holder and screwed the 6" woofer onto the holder.Usually is this the rite method??i mean do the installers keep some dampening material between the speaker holder and the speaker rim???
Really am satisfied with the JBL 937 but the vibration and lack of bass from the 607 c is backning me off......please help out fellow icers
Congrats on the setup, good gear.

6" comps in doors usually wont go as low as 6x9s using the trunk. Or, there is a gap between the basket of the front speakers and the part of the door it is mounted on. This will cause a weird flapping sound, quite the opposite of bass. Maybe you describe this as vibration. The other occasion when you could hear this is, if the front woofers are in opposite polarity. Please refer the setup to a better installer.

Damping between speaker rim and door is not required if the door part surface is not flat. The speaker rim always is.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 00:23   #22
BHPian

thanks for the reply B&T.....
well actually the vibrarion experienced is similar to the flapping sound as u reffered....So if this is not due to the connection due to error in polarity,then is there any remedy??i just need some more bass

also is there any harm to the component if i interchange the polarity of the component just to check if thts the cause for the flapping sound??
Old 9th November 2006, 00:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the reply B&T.....
well actually the vibrarion experienced is similar to the flapping sound as u reffered....So if this is not due to the connection due to error in polarity,then is there any remedy??i just need some more bass

also is there any harm to the component if i interchange the polarity of the component just to check if thts the cause for the flapping sound??
Try this...

First switch subs off if any, then fade to the front. Now, shift the balance to the left (or the right). If you notice an increase in bass when you shift the balance to one side, you know that one of your fronts is incorrectly connected. Check the woofer's connections at the crossover, and the connection at the input of the crossover for a wrong +/- connection.

If this doesnt help, maybe you could post a couple of pics of how the speaker went into your door. That could help the diagnosis for the various quacks here (me included)
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 00:52   #24
BHPian

okay....thanks for the guidance yaaar....will check those things tomorroo itself....the trouble is am lil scared of touching the door panel ...will try to get the installer open the door panel and will get some shots of the speaker...good night yaar
Old 9th November 2006, 11:05   #25
BANNED

From where did you get this installed?

This is the 11th time I'm hearing about this problem in front component installs.
This is mostly caused by the ignorance of the installer. In some cases, the woofer was not connected at all and only the tweeters were connected to avoid this. Many of TBHPians have gone thru this.

If done properly, the compos alone will do a good job with a sub in the boot.
Installer fools in our area dont get it yet. Nobody is ready to do this because they're completely unaware of proper crossover wiring etc.
One was proud to say that compos are not meant to be fitted in the front. It should be fitted in to a sealed box and kept in the back for the good. He said!
Another: why go for compos when you get 3way & 5way co-axials which has inbuilt tweeters for half the price???

Last edited by speedzak : 9th November 2006 at 11:15.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 11:33   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
From where did you get this installed?
If done properly, the compos alone will do a good job with a sub in the boot.
Installer fools in our area dont get it yet.......
Like everyone said check the polairty or even the woofers are connected to begin with but I'd also check the install of the woofers. i have seen installs where there are huge gaps around the woofer (between the woofer and the door panel) and this will lead to a loss of bass too.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 14:37   #27
BHPian

Also do check if ur installer had set the HPF [on HU]properly for front speakers.If not,set it at 100-120 wherever u like it more and let rear 6x9 receive everyhting.
He also could have used mdf rings which help in some damping and subsequently avoid vibrations.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2006, 00:14   #28
BHPian

thanks for the reply guys....today i went to a more reputed installer(as my friends say) but it was late and the shop had just closed down.he said the problem would be due to no damping material used and space between door panel and speaker rims as naveen said.the installer suggested to keep the 6" speaker in a wooden box and keep it underside of front passenger seat.is it a viable option???the installer said tht he had encountered this problem many times before and keeping it in wooden box removed the problems...will check it this weekend itself and will ask u guys more suggestions...also i shall try to source a cam to take pics of spker install as my phone cam is not tht good....

yes speedzak most installers in our place are very much unaware in ice field.as u said my installer too said tht compos were mean tfor the back....I got it installed from a shop called asian car choice....very bad choice indeed actually i opted for compos instead of coaxials expectindg more betr bass and treble production....well till now i feel i made a mistake

now thinking of going to motowings (maruti genuine service centre)...the guy there seems more literate in ice [smiley]

Last edited by hari_rama : 10th November 2006 at 00:17.
Old 10th November 2006, 10:42   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks for the reply guys....today i went to a more reputed installer(as my friends say) ....the installer suggested to keep the 6" speaker in a wooden box and keep it underside of front passenger seat...now thinking of going to motowings (maruti genuine service centre)...the guy there seems more literate in ice [smiley]
you call this guy "more reputed"!

Only a true subwoofer should be installed under a seat. Your 6" woofer produces not only the low frequencies but also much of the midrange. putting it under the seat will damp all that music.

Use MDF rings as others have suggested and make sure the install is a clean (not gaps, no loose screws, no other vibrating parts) and leave the woofers in the doors. Why is it so damn difficult to find a good installer with some common sense.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2006, 16:41   #30
BANNED

Sir Hari!!!

Please dont do that under seat thingy for your woofers. That'll be almost like killing them. Please dont listen to that stupid installer, no matter how reputed he is.

Find a good installer who can make MDF rings and place the speakers the right way. The polarity should be correctly done too.

One more thing; Music is not just BASS & TREBLE!!!! and the components are designed to give more detailing and not just meant to create BASS & TREBLE.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote