Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2006, 19:48   #16
BHPian
 
Spyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad / Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
SMACKER OF A POST SPYDER!!

IMHO do Option 2... JBLfy the car with HU of your choice - Get yourself the Pioneer 5750 which have been recommended for the SQ... an upgrade may be the 7750 .. More features than any comparable alpine/kenwood... and if you are willing to go to the 15-20K bracket then opt for the 8650 @ 16K... 24 bit Burr Brown DACs... The latest "Highly recommmended" Hu is the Kenwood KDC-X8529 @ 12k


There.. I made JK a Happy man!!
Ha ha..Thanks kb100...guess all the views till now seem to be heavily tilted in favor of the "JBLfication" process :-) Will check out the HUs you mentioned...

Guys, whats the best way to check out HUs..I'm sure jazzy looks and funky lighting isn't the sole criteria??? What do you look for while picking up a HU?
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 19:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

9843 has just one set of pre-amp out ! yuk!

Last edited by jkdas : 31st March 2006 at 19:51.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 20:01   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
Ha ha..Thanks kb100...guess all the views till now seem to be heavily tilted in favor of the "JBLfication" process :-) Will check out the HUs you mentioned...

Guys, whats the best way to check out HUs..I'm sure jazzy looks and funky lighting isn't the sole criteria??? What do you look for while picking up a HU?
1. money
2. ears; use your fav songs/cds
3. warranty
4. service
5. pre-amp outs/connectivity solutions
6. easy of use
7. future proof.
8. dolphins (display)
9. grey or original
done? did i miss anything?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 10:15   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
Ha ha..Thanks kb100...guess all the views till now seem to be heavily tilted in favor of the "JBLfication" process :-) Will check out the HUs you mentioned...What do you look for while picking up a HU?
Sam, give this man a cigar - JBLfication it's just like Californification :-) he he

I think this thread should read JBLfixation instead. :-)

HU:
a) sound quality
b) build quality
c) number of pre outs to provide future flexibitlity
d) quality of processors (EQ, XO, TA, etc...)
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 12:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

and Navin, type of processor? like that Brown thing?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 13:35   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
and Navin, type of processor? like that Brown thing?
LMAO i kept wondering what he means. Brown coloured processor? You mean the D to A (Digital to analogO convertor don't you JK my friend?
Yes, some of the leading DtoA's are from companies such as AKM, Wolfson adn Burr-Brown.

And yes JK coined the term "To JBLfy" and it will always be cool.
I shall sing to Spyder

Psycho speakers from americatown to fulfill your fixation,
A little girl from sweden dreams of silver screen citation
Hardcore Soft Porn, components or a horn..

if you have these kind of dreams its called JBLfixation.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 13:44   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
LMAO i kept wondering what he means. Brown coloured processor? You mean the D to A (Digital to analogO convertor don't you JK my friend?
Yes, some of the leading DtoA's are from companies such as AKM, Wolfson adn Burr-Brown.

And yes JK coined the term "To JBLfy" and it will always be cool.
I shall sing to Spyder

Psycho speakers from americatown to fulfill your fixation,
A little girl from sweden dreams of silver screen citation
Hardcore Soft Porn, components or a horn..


if you have these kind of dreams its called JBLfixation.
Sam, hard rock it is right? Imagine Sam bangin head while shoutuing those lyrics! and emm, swedish; how did we all forget those people

and yup, D to A; Burr Brownji was what I meant.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 16:14   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Psycho speakers from americatown to fulfill your fixation,
A little girl from sweden dreams of silver screen citation
Hardcore Soft Porn, components or a horn..

if you have these kind of dreams its called JBLfixation.

I CONVERT!! God Sam... You have skills... and......!!??
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 21:48   #24
BHPian
 
shrivz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pune, MH12
Posts: 603
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

hey.. spyder, I've got my Baleno ICE'd recently. Here's my setup:

Pioneer P1Y HU (Its 60W x 4ch and sounds great, thus I avoided putting an amp.)
JBL GTO 936e (3-way 100W RMS rear spks)
JBL GTO 506Ce (5.25" component system with a crossover and tweeters in the front as the 6" components dont fit the Baleno)
My fiitter got me good cables for Rs. 50/- (per meter)

In the end I ended up spending:

12500 HU
4750 Rear Spk
5500 Front Spk
5800 Installation, wiring and 12mm rear wooden plank (My fitter charges Rs. 3000/- as installation charges)

Total: Rs. 28550/-

I would suggest that you go in for the same config as it sounds wild.

If you can spend more, put the JBL CS1200T Bass Tube (Rs. 6500/-) and the JBL CS300.1 Mono Subwoofer amp (Dunno how much it costs)

If you can still spend more, Power the 4 Spks with the JBL GTO 75.4 amp (this will sound insane)...

Let me know what you decide.

U guys must be thinking that i'm a little crazy spending 3k on installation, but this fiitter is a different breed altogether. He's perfect in whatever he does. His name's Sumeet Bhagat.

Oh yea one more thing. He take 3 days for the installation!!!
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 23:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
U guys must be thinking that i'm a little crazy spending 3k on installation, but this fiitter is a different breed altogether. He's perfect in whatever he does. His name's Sumeet Bhagat.

Oh yea one more thing. He take 3 days for the installation!!!

I would pay Sumeet and his Father that 3000 bucks without thinking. The Bhagats are the the most meticulous home and car installers I have seen for a long while and i can vouch for their work. Do say hi to them from me.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 02:49   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,099
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

6.5 inchers fit the baleno in front...I have JBL 606 CE in front in my Baleno... if in doubt.you can confirm with shri google too
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 09:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
6.5 inchers fit the baleno in front...I have JBL 606 CE in front in my Baleno... if in doubt.you can confirm with shri google too
It seems some Balenos take 6 inch while some dont. Donno why there's a difference between same make of cars
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 09:17   #28
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Psycho speakers from americatown to fulfill your fixation,
A little girl from sweden dreams of silver screen citation
Hardcore Soft Porn, components or a horn..

if you have these kind of dreams its called JBLfixation.
That should read Citation (Harman Kardon's much valued amp) not citation. Wow a Citation V with silver screen tubes! Now that is (tripping the light)fantastic. Those lyrics made my morning. Thanks Sam. What a nice start to this Friday.

JK if you really want to get into D/A log on to Diy. there are plenty of guys retrofitting BB DACs into various CD players the most common being the CD63KI. and Sam's lyrics are to be sung to a tune written by the Red Hot Chilly Peppers. I dont call RHCP Hard Rock.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 09:35   #29
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I would pay Sumeet and his Father that 3000 bucks without thinking. The Bhagats are the the most meticulous home and car installers I have seen for a long while and i can vouch for their work. Do say hi to them from me.
The Bhagats do this for love. I think they are plesantly mad.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 19:19   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,099
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
It seems some Balenos take 6 inch while some dont. Donno why there's a difference between same make of cars
The problem is more to do with folks at maruti...they dont know the size fo the speaker slots and tell you the wrong size...for me also thy initially put in 5.25 in speakers in front...it is only after i did a bit of internet search I gave that set back and moved on to bigger ones
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here we go again - Toyota India at it again. rahul_intlad The Indian Car Scene 33 2nd October 2006 20:34
sorry Pulsarian Shifting gears 0 7th November 2005 15:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks