Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 5th April 2006, 21:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
About the wiring as told by JB to get 2 gauge(35mm) wiring for the system but i am using two 4 gauge wiring that is (25+25 mm = 50 mm). Which i think more than u recommended. And the other comments which I remember like changing of RCA , Removing of BW , and other things which i can remember right will be done step by step. ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY. Also I am waiting for Manik`s call for RCA delivery date. He said he will call me in weeks time for the app delivery date. But if u have the BEST 2 channel RCA 3 pcs qty with u I will collect them today it self. Rest I am wating for ur comments to how to improve my system from u as I want the voltage to be stable. Thanks again for a quick response .
Full sahi jaa rahelaay bhidu. Rome was not built on a day..par teri dilli door nahin. You sure are putting your heart behind the install. Great going.

You are right about two 4-ga cables being able to carry more juice than a single 2-ga. But still maybe you should look at the below table to see whether the distance you are carrying the current is appropriate for the choice of kits.

Gunbir is right about that 4-ga kit not being to carry over 600W of power. That is also a very honest rating considering that the cable is about 5m long, but if you are not going to use the whole length, you can carry more power. As you can see below, the spec for the 4-ga wire is at about 16 to 20 feet as the Audison package mentions.

(Heck I dont know how to paste the image here. boo hoo)

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 5th April 2006 at 21:21.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 15:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

B&T I am not going to use the whole length. I will approx 4+ meters so I think from the audision drawing it is ok to have such current rating and it is optimal in the audision catalog. Also two 4 gauge wire combined equals to 0 gauge wire which I think I sufficent for all the three amps. Rest I have removed the BOSS cap, and the wiring has been done still the voltage drop the same old story. But I cannot comment on the voltage drop right now because I have not done all the wiring right and the ground is also not so good as It must be. Also I am going to make Custom Interconects for my car Like Battery terminal (both negative and positive) , amp distubution block SO my question is which metal should I use . ie Aluminium, Copper, Brass, Or any other which u Experts say.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 15:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Whew, finally managed to get that picture here. Anyway, if you're going to use only about 4m, which is about 14 ft, you should be good for about 850-900 W of power. And two 4-ga cables would be about 80-85% of a 1/0 ga-cable.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 6th April 2006 at 15:57.
Old 6th April 2006, 15:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

From the above drawing I think it is right
Old 6th April 2006, 16:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also I am going to make Custom Interconects for my car Like Battery terminal (both negative and positive) , amp distubution block SO my question is which metal should I use . ie Aluminium, Copper, Brass, Or any other which u Experts say.
I assume that by interconnects, you mean the terminals like the battery terminal, the ring terminal to connect the power cable to the battery terminal etc.

Brass is generally the preferred material because it is stronger than both copper and aluminium without a compromise on electrical conductivity. I don't know your fabrication skills, but I would find it plain painful to get those custom-made. To prevent oxidization, it is usually plated with Gold, Nickel/ chrome.
Old 6th April 2006, 16:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

I am a diecaster & hydraulic press manufacturer and have a good tool room setup for all this stuff, I have good milling and other machines to make this interconnects. If not Brass will copper do because for brass I would have cast it from the foundary and them machined them , But for copper i will buy the soild block and machined it. I will cost me more than the good qualtiy interconnects in the market but it will be made to my requirment. Also I can make it nickel plating to it because I have a plant of nickel plating inhouse.

Also about the wire I think it is approx good size as per the requirment.
Old 6th April 2006, 17:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lol, you sure have the right equipment. But yeah, it would be too much trouble to cast brass, make tooling for it etc. Can't you get some brass billets or something and just machine them?
Old 6th April 2006, 17:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

so u recommend brass ok i will look into it and if any problem will as for the same
Old 6th April 2006, 19:41   #39
BHPian

lol,, so next time you are not satisfied with your car you might fabricate one for yourself (not a bad idea,, but you might get problems with the registration authority)

Quote:
I am a diecaster & hydraulic press manufacturer and have a good tool room setup for all this stuff, I have good milling and other machines to make this interconnects. If not Brass will copper do because for brass I would have cast it from the foundary and them machined them , But for copper i will buy the soild block and machined it. I will cost me more than the good qualtiy interconnects in the market but it will be made to my requirment. Also I can make it nickel plating to it because I have a plant of nickel plating inhouse.

Also about the wire I think it is approx good size as per the requirment.
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 10:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

I am specific about the interconnets no the car man U r getting it to a personal level If audison make interconnets that meet to my demand i will definatly buy them. But they dont thats why i am going to make for me myself. Chill man I dont have much time for bulid a car. Car Audio is my hobby not a full time job live yours. So grown and dont comment on others hobby like that.
Old 7th April 2006, 20:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey LBM, I think he was just joking. I don't think you should mind him.

And yeah, I'm sure everyone completely appreciates your enthusiasm for your hobby. Thats the reason we're probably all here, to contribute our bit to help the ICE enthusiast in all of us.

And yeah, my folks thought I was looney when I used to install systems for friends during my engg days. But it doesnt matter as long as you're happy with what you're doing, profession or not.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 7th April 2006 at 20:32.
Old 7th April 2006, 23:30   #42
Team-BHP Support

Thank B&T. Driven even if your comments were toungue in cheek a smiley would ensure it taken that way. LBM, chill. OK? Lord knows I love DIY.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 23:39   #43
BHPian

LBM, do let us see some pics of the stuff you propose to make. Like Navin, I like this guy. Real DIY stuff.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 11:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

sure i will post them as i make them
Old 8th April 2006, 12:06   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree. All the best LBM, do it yourself! And if you need any advice you kow where to find us.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote