Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th November 2012, 14:08   #16
BHPian

Default Re: XUV500 ICE'ed - My white cheetah gets the much needed upgrade

Go to seasons 4 ( B&T ) or ramie who runs audio business in mumbai , they are famous for their ICE work . Just go and get it installed from them , they will get it installed at stock location without any cutting in dashboard .

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
since there are tweeters on the dashboard itself, is it possible to replace them with tweeters of component speakers? I too am thinking of comps for the front but don't quite like the idea of making any holes where it is not. also if you require to remove the dash completely for changing the tweeters, is it advisable to trust the audio guys to mess with the dash fitting? I generally hate messing with the original fittings as fear rattling due to improper fitting. but really need to change the OEM speakers and get my XUV iced properly.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 18:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
since there are tweeters on the dashboard itself, is it possible to replace them with tweeters of component speakers? I too am thinking of comps for the front but don't quite like the idea of making any holes where it is not. also if you require to remove the dash completely for changing the tweeters, is it advisable to trust the audio guys to mess with the dash fitting? I generally hate messing with the original fittings as fear rattling due to improper fitting. but really need to change the OEM speakers and get my XUV iced properly.
You can change the stock tweets with comps tweet however, you would need to take down the entire dashboard which i dont recommend. It will rattle for sure later on as anything removed and placed back will not be the same, unless you really damp them. And remember its Mahindra and not Ford/Skoda, so plastic's dashboard will be an issue.

Also the location of stock tweets are right below front glass hence facing directly to front glass. So if you install high end comps and place the tweets at that location, imaging will go for a toss.
So i would suggest if you dont want to cut anything, then place the tweets on the dashboard instead of stock location.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 11:43   #18
BHPian

Now I feel it is time to add a subwoofer to the setup without compromising on the space. I've Focal Solid 4 amplifier. One option is to fit Powerbass SD12 which is available for 10k. Any reviews or other suggestions?
DigitalSoul is offline   Reply With Quote