Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th April 2006, 15:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Help me choose : BostonFX93 or Pioneer6981. Allready own them

The Bostons have been hardly used, they are sitting and gathering dust (not really, they have been stored well. hehe) Currently I have Pioneer 6981 (4way) installed on the rear plank in my santro, powered by a Sony 502z & 7650 HU.

My neighbour wants to pick up the speakers second hand from me, he is buying a new DEH3850 HU for his car.

He agreed to 3.5 K for the Bostons, which is a very good sell for me. They are around 4.5K in the market. Now Im wondering whether to sack him the Pioneer I have and put in the Bostons.

Im not asking "which is better"... no way !!

Pioneer has served me well, excellant bass, for a set of speakers like this... just a bit shiny since they are 4 ways. And they are 420watt @ peak.

Im definately going to be adding a sub and front comps in the next few weeks, so I dont mind pulling out the pioneers till then !!

Opinions?!!!!!!!!

Speaker Details :
Boston FX9/3 - 6x9" 3 way
Pioneer TS-A6981R - 6x9" 4 way

Last edited by s0uljah : 14th April 2006 at 15:38.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2006, 09:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Can you sell both pairs? If you are getting a sub 6x9 are not really required.

This way you can put your money into a really nice set of compoents and a good sub.

caeveat:
Guru Sam however has mentioned that some actually like the extra mid bass boost of 2 6x9s supplemented by a 12" sub. I am purist if it does not sound natural I dont like it.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2006, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Can you sell both pairs?
Wish I could sack both... and replace with 6.5" comps at the rear, but thats not very feasible since I have budget constraints... Will need to retain one 6x9" pair for the rear fill. Immediate addition will be the frotn comps and I will lay the wiring for the sub, which will follow shortly.

I think I will have to let the Bostons go as I will get next to nothing for the pioneer AND it has served me well. "If its not broke, dont fix it ?"

My only concern was that the Pioneer is a PMPO based output and with the Boston I will have lesser wattage but a better SQ experience.....
Old 17th April 2006, 10:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
I think I will have to let the Bostons go as I will get next to nothing for the pioneer AND it has served me well. "If its not broke, dont fix it ?"

My only concern was that the Pioneer is a PMPO based output and with the Boston I will have lesser wattage but a better SQ experience.....
True. you will get mucth less for the Pio. use them for rear fill and replace them later.

If you got good front speakers and a sub you can fade yor rears to not be so noticeable to the front passengers. I assume you are driving.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 12:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I will try to accomodate atleast 5.25" comps for the front. Yes Im the primary driver. Fading rears is suggestion to be noted... Thanks