Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd June 2015, 17:12   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raibat View Post
... The speakers i found are the Hertz, Polk, the Kappa and also a JBL ...
I would recommend the Kappa, and then the Polk. Hertz and JBL - avoid. The Kappa should perform as per your requirements without the amp too (ignore how much % of capability one can exploit).

An amp will definitely increase the listening pleasure as increases the dynamic range, and it allows one to play louder when one wants without distorting.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 21:04   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I would recommend the Kappa,
Will go ahead with the Kappa's for the front with the tweeters on the OVRM panel. Will add an amp later depending on how it sounds. Polk coax for the rear unless you suggest otherwise.
Raibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 02:15   #243

Smile re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Thank you all for all the help and advice. Went ahead with the Kappa and added in a 4 channel AMP too. Sounds really good, Clear crisp sound and i can actually hear the different instruments clearer than ever. Bass is decent for a 5.25". Overall quite satisfied with the setup. Would have however would have liked it to have been a tad less bright.

I think the guy did a pretty decent job on the wiring, everything neatly done through a wiring kit or harness. dont think he cut any of the original cabling. Amp under the left seat. Power cable and speakers cables running seperately from different sides of the car
The speakers were quite a tight fit, struggeled with them for some time. He cut off the plastic pads behind the speaker claiming that it would create some vibration

Kappa 50.11 Comps @ 7.5K
Blaupunkt 4 Channel EMA 455 @ 5.9K
Focal Amp Kit @ 1.8K
4 Channel Line Converter for 2.8K
Waiting for the DB521 ordered online for 2.6K

Wondering if i should add the rear coax to the AMP or use the amp for a sub which i might add later. The fronts are very loud now compared to rear stock speaker.

The stock speakers look like toys. Could not even sell them for 500 bucks.
Raibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 12:31   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raibat View Post
... Would have however would have liked it to have been a tad less bright. ...
Fantastic - enjoy!

You can reduce the brightness by changing the tweeter setting at the cross-over to 0dB or -2dB.
Old 10th July 2015, 02:21   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Hertz and JBL - avoid.
Would you please elaborate this comment of yours.
codenamephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 13:00   #246
BHPian

Smile re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

I recently updated to front component speakers on one month old duster .I got myself the jbl gt7-5c series .They are a considerable improvement over the stock speakers in terms clarity and they are stock size .Plan to get the rear coaxial speakers of infinity in a month or two to improve the rear sound quality .
soumen.blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 14:14   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codenamephoenix View Post
Would you please elaborate this comment of yours.
Both Hertz and JBL can be bright / shrill, so don't buy unless you have auditioned them with your music and without any tone control modification.
Old 16th August 2015, 20:10   #248
BHPian

Hi everyone , need some expert advice .
I want to update my duster rear speakers to something better . I have got jbl gt 5c component speakers at the front , wanted to know if I can go ahead for a pair of coaxials from polk / infinity / hertz and would they sound well together .

I have a jbl 2 channel amp from my previous i10 can i use that in my duster for a better output from the speakers .

Cheers
Soumen
Old 18th August 2015, 20:49   #249
BHPian

Got the poll db 521 coaxials speakers and Acustika 4 channel amplifier . So the whole setup is complete for now with jbl gt7 5c front components Polk rear coaxials and Acustika 4 change amplifier . Setup sounds crisp and clear very happy with the end result .
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano-image.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2015, 12:59   #250
BHPian

I have a question regarding the head unit for duster . Is it advisable to replace the oem head unit with an aftermarket double din unit from pioneer or alpine .
I have got kappa 60.11cs front components (replaced the jbl ones ) and Polk db521 coaxial speakers for the rear and jbl subwoofer powered by a 4 channel amp from Acustika . I also have damping on all 4 doors .

I plan to add a mono amp and a better sub replacing my 3 year old jbl sub but want to know if it it's better to invest in the headunit first then go for the sub/amp upgrade .
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:08   #251
BHPian

Changing the HU will give you a good difference in the current setup than changing any other component, make sure that the whole chain is tuned properly
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 15:50   #252
BHPian

Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Thank you cms .
I am thinking of replacing the oem headunit with Pioneer 2790BT(qouted 20k with the steering control interface ) . Has anyone tried this and are there any better alternatives available in the same price bracket .
Old 14th November 2015, 01:05   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Thank you cms .
I am thinking of replacing the oem headunit with Pioneer 2790BT(qouted 20k with the steering control interface ) . Has anyone tried this and are there any better alternatives available in the same price bracket .
Soumen.blore,
Did you get Pioneer 2790BT fitted into your car? If yes then please share the details. I am planning to get one fitted into my Innova with amplifier and speakers.

Team,
There are many offers on snapdeal and flipcart. Is it worth purchasing online and then getting it fitted?
Will the system be genuine and Will it be under warranty?
Guru's please help and reply.
If it's worth shopping online, then what would be the matching speaker, amplifier set?
SHAHBAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 15:07   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Soumen.blore,
Did you get Pioneer 2790BT fitted into your car? If yes then please share the details. I am planning to get one fitted into my Innova with amplifier and speakers.
No I haven't got it done yet. Plan to get it done around Christmas and I might go for the pioneer 5790 as I like fit and finish better.
Avoid buying it online as you won't have warranty, and if I found the prices quoted by my installer is at par online prices.
In terms of speakers and amplifiers you have plenty of options and as you are changing the hu you can expect a significant improvement in sound quality with aftermarket speakers and amplifiers.
If you have a budget in mind and if you let the community know what kind of music you listen you to you will get plenty of advice.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 18:00   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
No I haven't got it done yet. Plan to get it done around Christmas and I might go for the pioneer 5790 as I like fit and finish better.
Avoid buying it online as you won't have warranty, and if I found the prices quoted by my installer is at par online prices.
In terms of speakers and amplifiers you have plenty of options and as you are changing the hu you can expect a significant improvement in sound quality with aftermarket speakers and amplifiers.
If you have a budget in mind and if you let the community know what kind of music you listen you to you will get plenty of advice.
Thanks for the reply.
Your choice is great for the HU but that's out of my boundary!
My budget is around 25k which includes amplifier and speakers. I have not yet visited my old music shop. Will try to get some quotes and then decide. Regarding the online stuff, I have recieved a mixed reaction. Few of my friends are happily using stuff with warranty and few had issues.
I may not go through online purchase as I want some peace of mind..
SHAHBAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote