Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 18:34   #256
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Your choice is great for the HU but that's out of my boundary!
My budget is around 25k which includes amplifier and speakers. I have not yet visited my old music shop. Will try to get some quotes and then decide. Regarding the online stuff, I have recieved a mixed reaction. Few of my friends are happily using stuff with warranty and few had issues.
I may not go through online purchase as I want some peace of mind..
I would suggest pio 2790 and keep using your stock speakers. Save up and then get a decent amplifier and set of front components and coaxials for rear.
I personally feel to use the maximum potential of the headunit you should get a decent set of front components and coaxial speakers.
Do it step by step starting with head unit , front components with a 4 channel amplifier and later add a coaxial speaker.
You also need to set aside 2-3k for installation and damping of the door.
In terms of front components you can look at infinity reference / helix blue and jbl gto would be a good choice for 4 channel amp .
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 11:08   #257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

So finally got my head unit replaced. Got the pioneer 2790 installed, ordered it from snapdeal. Snapdeal delivery experience was good and the product was delivers under 7 days. Much better sound quality and tuning options.
Got my front components replaced with dls rm6.2 will post the impressions after using them for sometime.
Last update in the chain my rainbow dream 4 amplifier sourced from Netherlands should be here by end of December.
Will post picture later.

Cheers
S
soumen.blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 02:08   #258
BHPian
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano ICE upgrade Questions

Hi Guys,
I am having a bit of an issue with the ice upgrade of my Terrano.
So i recently found out that Duster / Terrano uses 5.25 inch speakers.
I have no experience in Speakers of that size.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Does the size make a huge difference? Will the output really differ from the regular 6,6.5 inch Component / Co-Axial Speakers ?
2) Does anyone have any recommendations on Speakers of this Size ?

Some points to note:

1) I have already changed my headunit to a JVC KW-V21BT ( double din Touchscreen system )
2) I want to put Components in the front and Back
3) I do not want to put a Sub-Woofer.
4) I require good Bass from either the Back Speakers alone ( of course i dont mind the front ones to be Good as well )
5) Budget is not really an issue as its an incremental upgrade
6) I dont mind putting slightly larger round speakers in the rear door ( the ones that pop out of the door )
7) is Point no.6 an issue in anyway ?

I apologise if is sound like an idiot by asking these questions, but i've had bad experiences in the past with upgrading from my cars stock ICE, so wanted to make an informed decision this time.

Thanks in Advance.

Akshar.

Last edited by noopster : 28th February 2016 at 07:56. Reason: Post merged with existing thread. Please SEARCH before opening new threads.
akshar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 14:44   #259
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano ICE upgrade Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Hi Guys,
I am having a bit of an issue with the ice upgrade of my Terrano.
So i recently found out that Duster / Terrano uses 5.25 inch speakers.
I have no experience in Speakers of that size.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Does the size make a huge difference? Will the output really differ from the regular 6,6.5 inch Component / Co-Axial Speakers ?


Thanks in Advance.

Akshar.
I have a duster and I have got dls components installed on both front and rear door speakers of 6.5 inch size. They don't protrude as I cut a bit of plastic inside.
I had got jbl 5.25 speakers before and compared to that the dls speakers have been a great improvement but I am not sure how much the impact the speaker size had on it.

I hope you already have an amplifier if not then get 4 channel amplifier as you will get the best output from your component speakers with an amplifier.
Most importantly go to a professional installer and make sure you get the best quality wiring. Hope this helps .
soumen.blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 15:40   #260
BHPian
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano ICE upgrade Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
I have a duster and I have got dls components installed on both front and rear door speakers of 6.5 inch size. They don't protrude as I cut a bit of plastic inside.
I had got jbl 5.25 speakers before and compared to that the dls speakers have been a great improvement but I am not sure how much the impact the speaker size had on it.

I hope you already have an amplifier if not then get 4 channel amplifier as you will get the best output from your component speakers with an amplifier.
Most importantly go to a professional installer and make sure you get the best quality wiring. Hope this helps .
Hi Soumen.blore,

thanks for the advice, i kind of have an idea as to the setup that i want.
The person to do the setup is kind of where the problem is right now.
There is another thread where i have asked a few people as to where to get good Audio Installs done in Bangalore ( Koramanga / HSR area )
Could i ask where you got your Audio Components installed ?
akshar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 16:14   #261
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,475
Thanked: 8,366 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Its been 4 years since I upgraded ICE for my Duster. But when I was looking for it, there were no good 5.25 components available in the market. So I went with 6.5 Infinity Primus. No change to head unit. And the improvement is perfect to my satisfaction.

Since you have already changed your head unit, I cant comment on that. My suggestion would have been first look for good 5.25 components in available. As they would not require any major changed to door pads. Check the performance. If not, go with the next bigger speaker size and work on the door pads, Even then, if you dont like it, then look at HU change. In my case, I am stock HU and no sub. The boost you get with good speakers itself should take it up a few notches.


PS: I got it done at Sachin's autoshop.

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2016 at 06:17. Reason: fixed typo
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 02:30   #262
BHPian
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post


PS: I got it done at Sachin's autoshop.
Thanks for the update ampere.
Is the standard HU on the duster good enough to drive those speakers ?
I did go to Sachin Autoshop for a quote on the speakers.
They were cheaper than the other stores that I went to but I felt like he was trying to push the JBL and the Infinity collection on me.
He was also limited to the JBL family and Blaupuknt
It was a little off putting
I'm going to try AutoFusion in a few days
akshar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 06:24   #263
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,475
Thanked: 8,366 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Is the standard HU on the duster good enough to drive those speakers ? I did go to Sachin Autoshop for a quote on the speakers.
Oh yes its good enough to drive. I have Infinity primus 6.5 components for front and coax for rear. I am perfectly happy the performance I have been getting.


Quote:
They were cheaper than the other stores that I went to but I felt like he was trying to push the JBL and the Infinity collection on me.
I think that may be because as per what I last know, he is an authorised dealer for JBL. But I went to him because I wanted an Infinity speaker set and he was only guy who was authorised. He did a good job.

Quote:
He was also limited to the JBL family and Blaupuknt
It was a little off putting I'm going to try AutoFusion in a few days
Most guys then were suggesting me multiple options and I was always looking at Infinity. Hence my choice was clear.

Here is my set-up (as I had posted earlier in this same thread)




ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 11:55   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Thanks for the update ampere.
Is the standard HU on the duster good enough to drive those speakers ?
I did go to Sachin Autoshop for a quote on the speakers.
They were cheaper than the other stores that I went to but I felt like he was trying to push the JBL and the Infinity collection on me.
He was also limited to the JBL family and Blaupuknt
It was a little off putting
I'm going to try AutoFusion in a few days
I have a set of rainbow DLC 5.2 in my duster.

Thing about 5 inch woofers is they arent happy playing the
lower frequencies.
The woofers play from 80hz to 4k hz in my car.

If you are not looking to add a woofer would definitely recommend a 6 inch set.

You could try harmonixx in Bangalore.
Ask for Rahul, extremely knowledgable and he would suggest something based on your listening needs and budget.
They have a wide range of brands on offer so he wont push for any particular brand.
cooldude1988765 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 01:08   #265
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano ICE upgrade Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Hi Soumen.blore,

Could i ask where you got your Audio Components installed ?
Sorry for the delayed reply, I go to Satya for my installs. He is in Cambridge Layout near to indiranagar. If you have not your fine installs done yet,you can check his place.
You can find his contact details in google just give him a call and set up a time for your install.
soumen.blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 01:12   #266
BHPian
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano ICE upgrade Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply, I go to Satya for my installs. He is in Cambridge Layout near to indiranagar. If you have not your fine installs done yet,you can check his place.
You can find his contact details in google just give him a call and set up a time for your install.
Ha-ha unfortunately i already got my auido installed from Rahul from Harmonixx in colab with Anwar from Top Gear !
They did a great job as well.
I'll keep Satya in mind for the next install , may i ask what kind of setup you put in your duster / Terrano ?
akshar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 02:14   #267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 138
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Renault Duster / Nissan Terrano ICE upgrade Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Ha-ha unfortunately i already got my auido installed from Rahul from Harmonixx in colab with Anwar from Top Gear !
They did a great job as well.
I'll keep Satya in mind for the next install , may i ask what kind of setup you put in your duster / Terrano ?
Mine is a duster 110 and I have got Dls components installed for both front and rear and have a cerwin vega vmax sub. Components are powered by a acustika 4 ch amp and have cerwin vega mono powering the sub. Headunit is pioneer 2790. Had plans of replacing the amp by rainbow 4ch (that's currently lying unsused) and upgrade the front components to morel or somethings better and adding a dsp to the mix but as of now the project upgrade is shelved .

I had spoken to Rahul but the set up suggested was beyond my budget, but having seen their installation pictures I must admit they look worth the extra.
I am sure you must have a very good setup, enjoy your music .
soumen.blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 07:55   #268
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 310 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

I have installed Blaupunkt Car Media San Diego 530 to replace the OEM system in my Duster RxL. I wanted an AVN as a combo pack to include navigation and reverse camera input. The installation has been done neatly and thr system is a definite upgrade over the existing system. As of now I am sticking with stock speakers. So far the results are OK. Speakers will be upgraded as and when budget permits.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 20:32   #269
BHPian
 
hummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B'LORE-SHIMOGA
Posts: 126
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Hi TaureanBull,

Could you pls provide some mode details about Blaupunkt Car Media San Diego 530?

I am looking for an upgrade to my HU in Terrano.

Thanks.
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:12   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
TaureanBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 310 Times
Default Re: ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Hi TaureanBull,

Could you pls provide some mode details about Blaupunkt Car Media San Diego 530?

I am looking for an upgrade to my HU in Terrano.

Thanks.
Hi Hummer.
I would cover the basic details. Any specific info you need then you can post your query.
I got Blaupunkt Car Multimedia San Diego 530 AVN installed in place of my OEM system of RxL model. My requirement was to combine single system to include media, reverse cam and navigation. This one fitted the bill.
The installation was done at Calcutta Motors, Ahmedabad. The installation included the frame for sys, wiring, reverse cam, kit for Bluetooth and audio controls on steering. The entire hardware with installation costed me 32k. The dealer did not take back the OEM system. So that stays with me. No cable cuts so no warranty void. My comments on performance:-
Touch Screen - average response. Slower than smartphones.
Fitting - looks like OEM equipment
Media - Audio quality is several notches better than the OEM eqpt. Speaker upgrade will improve further. USB plays good and interface is easy to use. FM plays good too. DVD and CD not yet tested.
Navigation - There is a MMI 8GB SD card provided with the system. The navigation is integarted very well. The SD card needs to be inserted in the slot. System automatically registers the same. The interface is like any other MMI device. It's accurate and voice guidance works good.
Reverse Cam - The video input is integrated with reverse gear. The display auto shows cam input on engagement of reverse gear.
Bluetooth works seamlessly. The mic is fixed above the drivers sun visor. OEM mic does not work.
Audio controls on steering can be set in settings. They work smooth.
Overall a good option for someone looking for an AVN. If navigation is not required then better and cheaper options would be available. In case Bluetooth integration and steering controls are not required then the cost may come down by about 5k.
MRP is 31990/-. Dealer asked for about 23.5k for the unit.
Any specific question I will answer.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 22nd December 2016 at 18:13.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renault Duster : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade isldhn Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 88 12th October 2017 17:48
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October parrys The Indian Car Scene 227 9th October 2013 14:56
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out! CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 381 20th August 2013 13:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks