Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th April 2006, 23:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Alpine PXA-H701

What do u think about this in ur car ? Do u want it or not ? If tuned properly will it improve the sound tuning in the car or make it bad ?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=PXA-H701
low_bass_makker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 09:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
What do u think about this in ur car ? Do u want it or not ? If tuned properly will it improve the sound tuning in the car or make it bad ?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=PXA-H701
"The ultimate way to add multi-channel music"

Are you considering adding a DVD player and watching movies. WHile this gadget can work for music it's forte is DTS and Dolby.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 11:04   #3
BHPian

Alpine PXA-H701 is a good tuning tool provided one knows how to use it. You need RUX-C701 Controller to control it when you are not using the Alpine HU, with some upper end Alpine HU's you can control it directly.

It comes quite handy in overcoming the vague frequency response of OEM HU's in Honda Accord, Mercedes, Porsche etc also one can add Aux sources like DVD etc easily with OEM systems.

It is very powerful tool it has DAC, Time Correction, 11 Band Parametric (4 Front, 4 Rear, 2 Centre, 1 Sub), 31 Band Graphic Equaliser, Crossover with First Order to Fifth Order Slope, Mutichannel Decoding.

To tune the system using 701 you need RTA and time along with good ears.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 11:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

... and a lot of time. :-)
Old 25th April 2006, 11:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do u experts recommend it or not ? It is available in here for 47k with the RUX should I go for it or not
Old 25th April 2006, 11:32   #6
Team-BHP Support

47K is a lot of money. unless your install has components that can expolit this product I would recommend not bothering.

If however you are building a competition SQ system with very good speakers, HU, etc... then this gadget can offer some help.
Old 25th April 2006, 11:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Do u experts recommend it or not ? It is available in here for 47k with the RUX should I go for it or not
Spend your 47K on getting quality equipment like better speakers, subwoofers, cables. That will improve your sound a lot rather than adding 701 combo to existing setup.

It will be like a white elephant doing nothng in your car
Old 25th April 2006, 12:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Even with DVD as a source, I would not want multi-channel surround decoding of the Dolby/ DTS variety unless I could critically position all the speakers.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 13:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Autophile I am going to upgrade alots of thing in my car this is just a part of it , Will be taking serious advice from all of u to improve it to good level.
Old 25th April 2006, 16:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Autophile I am going to upgrade alots of thing in my car this is just a part of it , Will be taking serious advice from all of u to improve it to good level.
Thats what speakers, subs and the cabling comes first...equaliser and processor at the end.
Old 26th April 2006, 09:49   #11
Team-BHP Support

LBM, I think what JB is trying to say is that put the 47K into better components and you may realise tht you dont need this gadget after all.
Old 26th April 2006, 10:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

which 6 1/2 componets do u recommend except hertz and id max ?
Old 26th April 2006, 13:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, THE iDMax is a subwoofer. Secondly, the iDMax is widely regarded as a super-sub because of its ability to mantain great SQ at extreme SPL levels. We are talking about doing 140+ dB with one sub in a sealed box. This is an easily achievable figure using the iDMax12. However, this product is for people who value SQ over SPL but want both.

Since SPL is your top priority, there is plenty of stuff out there for you. You know about most of them. I will suggest to you an all Alpine setup. Go for xtype comps and xtype subs. You already have the amps.

Of course, if you intend taking up my advice, please visit the Alpine showroom in South Extn first and after you demo the products, ask to inspect the packaging and manuals and dont buy anything with a misprint. Cuz we all know how misprints and spelling errors can cause catastrophies . Of course, we also expect a full report with pics...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 13:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:

lol..if u r asking JB/Gunbir,its like asking a doctor to refer him to another doctor for his ailment.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 14:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

rsjaurr it was like that because if I asked for a advice I would have given the Hertz or ID componets only . Thats why I specificialy wrote the NO to Hertz and ID. But I can little bit consider ID because of the repo. But definitely not hertz because i have not heard of it any where before I have seen it in auto expo.