Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th May 2006, 19:04   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Man one word of advice ,

you are getting JBL 601.1 it is for 18 k in bill I think so other option can be

alpine MRD-M605 it is price at 15-16k in grey and 19k for BW. And nearly same power outputs and smaller foot print than JBL.
alpine MRD-M605 is
300 watts x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

Jbl GTO 601.1 is
424 x 1 at 4 ohms (580 x 1 at 2 ohms )

since the subs are 250rms each..i guess alpine might fall short of power at 4 ohms...

Last edited by amit_sound : 4th May 2006 at 19:06.
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 19:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Since u r going to use two subs then there will be no 4 ohms option. But yes if u use a single sub then there might be a differance.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 19:55   #33
BHPian

and morover i have a softcorner for JBL, as i have been to motor shows (BKC, Mumbai) and only seen JBL performing at the venue.

I dont say that Apline is not good, as a matter of fact i feel that people here prefer Apline more than JBL. But i would rather want to buy what i have seen and heard.

One more thing i would want to point out is, these motor shows help in convincing the cutomers about their products. Like JBL worked for me!!.
So i hope that other brands like Alpine, Rockford, Blaupunkt etc.. also turn up in the motor show.
Old 4th May 2006, 21:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
and morover i have a softcorner for JBL, as i have been to motor shows (BKC, Mumbai) and only seen JBL performing at the venue.

I dont say that Apline is not good, as a matter of fact i feel that people here prefer Apline more than JBL. But i would rather want to buy what i have seen and heard.

One more thing i would want to point out is, these motor shows help in convincing the cutomers about their products. Like JBL worked for me!!.
So i hope that other brands like Alpine, Rockford, Blaupunkt etc.. also turn up in the motor show.
Well, inorder to have a listen to different brands you have to be at the right place at the right time. Kicker, Blaupunkt, RF, Soundstream had a show during the launch of Top-Gear car mag in india. This show was held in CR2, but this was sometime back.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 23:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Well, inorder to have a listen to different brands you have to be at the right place at the right time. Kicker, Blaupunkt, RF, Soundstream had a show during the launch of Top-Gear car mag in india. This show was held in CR2, but this was sometime back.

Cheers
Then i think that the members who have information about such shows should post the timing, venue so that we all can take advantage of it.
Old 6th May 2006, 02:24   #36
BHPian

Hi SAM, in your first post in this thread, you mentioned that i would be required to install 1 Farad capicitor for bass. Now a capacitor for bass is definitely on my list (most probably ,EarthQuake 1Farad).

Tell me, do i need to install a seperate capacitor for the amp (GTO 75.4) which would be driving my rear and front speakers? If yes, want is the benifit?

Navin sir, kindly throw light on the above question like you always do!

Last edited by amit_sound : 6th May 2006 at 02:27.
Old 6th May 2006, 02:32   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi SAM, in your first post in this thread, you mentioned that i would be required to install 1 Farad capicitor for bass. Now a capacitor for bass is definitely on my list (most probably ,EarthQuake 1Farad).

Tell me, do i need to install a seperate capacitor for the amp (GTO 75.4) which would be driving my rear and front speakers? If yes, want is the benifit?

Navin sir, kindly throw light on the above question like you always do!

And one more thing, does SAM stand for "Sani Audiotek Marketing"?? just gussing!!
Hi! Actually, to tell you the truth, once you install the capacitor it will work on this entire line of amplifiers (as electrically, it is in parallel with the battery, so will work on every equipment in parallel with the battery).
Besides, heavy sudden current draw only works on bass requirements, not mids and highs. Soooo NO you dont need a capacitor for the 75.4.

My name is Sameer, they call me Sam, it's not my fault.

However with the name of the company you are only partially right. lets just leave it at that ok?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 02:36   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i have a softcorner for JBL
Arrey!! Same Pinch!!! Even I have a soft corner for JBL. What a fun company
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 03:09   #39
BHPian

ya SAM, it totally agree with u man!!!

Moreover the name too is "JBL" also has punch in it!!!!
Old 6th May 2006, 04:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Smile

JBL is good brand indeed, very well priced stuff today in the market, but trust me there is no end to power u cant fit into a car,
Battery change, you dont need, 1 F Cap, u do, dont buy some cheap Boss or something, buy a Lightning Audio or Audiobahn Cap, they are super.

If you wanna really see a very powerful Setup go chk Zareer's Car in Tardeo A/C market, his showroom is called Digimax, he has a Corsa with 2 3000 RMS mono blocks and 4 1000 RMS each RF T2 Power series woofers, and many more amps and speakers, capacitors etc etc, with a full fiberglass setup. If u r a bass head, you will not see a better and more clear sounding or powerful car than that in India, and yes he runs on 4 Lightning audio 600 Amps Batteries.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 09:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Arrey!! Same Pinch!!! Even I have a soft corner for JBL. What a fun company
Sam pinch should be the right word i guess
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 10:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
If you wanna really see a very powerful Setup go chk Zareer's Car in Tardeo A/C market, his showroom is called Digimax, he has a Corsa with 2 3000 RMS mono blocks and 4 1000 RMS each RF T2 Power series woofers, and many more amps and speakers, capacitors etc etc, with a full fiberglass setup. If u r a bass head, you will not see a better and more clear sounding or powerful car than that in India, and yes he runs on 4 Lightning audio 600 Amps Batteries.
Thanks blueraven, i will take time out and visit his showroom.

Aaccha, BTW any comments on Earthquake amp? I am considering cap this because for capacitor my budget permits 4k Max.

Any other brand suggestion around 4k are welcome!
Old 6th May 2006, 13:56   #43
BHPian

Correction::

Sorry not an Earthquake amp, is Earthquake Capacitor.
Old 6th May 2006, 15:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Correction::

Sorry not an Earthquake amp, is Earthquake Capacitor.
Eathquake is crap, if you have a tight budget, but can expand slightly, to abt Rs 4500, I can provide you with a brand new sealed Lightning Audio capacitor, I am a wholesaler here in Bangalore. The MRP on the LA Cap is about Rs7500 in Mumbai.
if you serious about the purchase, then My friend is coming to Bangalore from Mumbai, he lives in parel, so you can work with him to receive it as courier will cost about another 450 bucks which u can save anyways.
And if you can want to stick to buying it from Mumbai , then buy a Boss Capacitor.
Old 6th May 2006, 16:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Sorry abt the solicitation, just read this is not allowed,
@amit_sound PM me if u need details on the capacitor