Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th May 2006, 17:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
It seems you're craving for SPL! kill for that type X man! and Santro will fly without the help of engine.
Whatever makes you think the ID Max is a pussy at SPL? Give it the full rated power and I'm sure it'll still be craving for more, in addition to driving you very deaf.

LBM, I think 1.3 cu. ft. is the ideal box size if you're looking for an absolutely superb blend of SPL and SQ. But the question is "Do you really want that?". If you are looking to get really loud and mean with the Bhangra that you'll be churning out, do a slightly larger box. This way the sub will get a bit louder albeit at the expense of some loss of control in transient parts. Anyway, how much transient parts does Bhangra music have?

Ideally, keep the power to the subs a bit low otherwise these subs are certainly going to drown out your mids and highs. And build a good, no compromise enclosure for the sub, no baffle resonances etc. It would be a waste in a poorly constructed enclosure. I think some fiber fill should be good to smoothen the sound, but JB and Gunbir should be in a far better position to comment on that.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 18:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Right now I have a 1.65 and 1.25 cuft box in hand. So when I will buy the sub will try it once in both the boxes and which on will sound the best will be kept. As I have a swift. the box size could not be make large.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 19:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Right now I have a 1.65 and 1.25 cuft box in hand. So when I will buy the sub will try it once in both the boxes and which on will sound the best will be kept. As I have a swift. the box size could not be make large.
Perfect, you should be able to judge by listening to the same program material with the same settings and just switching the box. I have a hunch you'll go with the 1.65 cu. ft. box.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 19:25   #49
BHPian

As i have written earlier,i am not that much satisfied with my subw more for loudness than quality which is excellant.Though its sheer SQ subw but i beleive it should have more loudness.

JB/Gunbir have heard my system and they would know better than me.

Now its manual recommends to make .75cu ft sealed box which i made using crutchfield dimensions.[21x14x8 &5]
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t2fSThe...0&I=044T6510SB
But i have not seen other subw requring such a small box.The size of ID subw [in Gunbir's car] was much bigger,which perhaps LBM is now talking abt.

So my question is will i get more loudness if i make bigger box without compromising on it SQ too much?
Acc to manual,the size of ported box is more than double i.e.1.9cu ft.

I can also put in other subw but then i will need one more amplifier and upgrading power/ground wires from 4ga to 2ga which will be expensive.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 16th May 2006 at 19:44.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2006, 21:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

LBM... I think the ID MAx's will BELT-AX the other two watt for watt!... It will get you to your db!!

Please be prepared to really turn your car into a Fort-Knox.... damping... you will have to damp that car all round - including firewall!!

Last edited by kb100 : 16th May 2006 at 21:09.
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 23:06   #51
BHPian

Friend normally it is ex-stock, but currently teh IDMAX12 is out of stock,,,not only here but everywhere else in the world,,,,
Image Dynamics is moving to new factory and production will resume soon, ,as of now the product is not available throgh any retaler in the US even, even soundomain doesnt have any,,,I have heard they will come out with a new version,, IDMAX12v4.

Quote:
Hey man what is the avaliablity of idmax 12 4 ohms version is it ready stock
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 23:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Now its manual recommends to make .75cu ft sealed box which i made using crutchfield dimensions.[21x14x8 &5]
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t2fSThe...0&I=044T6510SB
But i have not seen other subw requring such a small box.The size of ID subw [in Gunbir's car] was much bigger,which perhaps LBM is now talking abt.
RSJ...

The box you saw in the Getz was a 0.8cuft, hardly a big enclosure for a 12" sub. And... the reason the iDQ was louder and cleaner isnt because of the enclosure, rather the sub itself is much better. AND larger.

The cheapest solution for you would be to:

a> either try a slightly larger box.
You mentioned the Infinity's manual suggests a .75cuft enclosure, but the link you provided for the qlogic box is for a .65cuft.

b> or try the ported enclosure. If done properly you shouldnt lose much SQ. But you will definitely gain loudness.

Remember, in a small sealed box the sub needs near rated power to really do what it can. Increasing the box size slightly might give you better results in terms of loudness.

Last edited by gunbir : 18th May 2006 at 23:54.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 00:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
I have heard they will come out with a new version,, IDMAX12v4.
When will this model will be coming and what r the spec. Till me if u know....
Old 19th May 2006, 04:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
Friend normally it is ex-stock, but currently teh IDMAX12 is out of stock,,,not only here but everywhere else in the world,,,,
Image Dynamics is moving to new factory and production will resume soon, ,as of now the product is not available throgh any retaler in the US even, even soundomain doesnt have any,,,I have heard they will come out with a new version,, IDMAX12v4.
agreed, they are not available thru any retailer in the entire north america....
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 23:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

saw a vdo of a idmax being tested to its max here is the link of the same..It might be a vdo of the ID factory it self because u will not see so many maxes together....

http://rapidshare.de/files/25386091/a.wmv.html

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th July 2006 at 23:25.
Old 11th July 2006, 01:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

OBSCENE!!....

INspiring too I might add!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 02:49   #57
BANNED

BTW, what are they doing to that poor thingy?

Something really dirty coming up!!!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!
It's just a BURP!!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 10:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

I think they are test it so that they can see what these sub can take. or what we can say humilation done to them......
Old 12th July 2006, 10:09   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
saw a vdo of a idmax being tested to its max here is the link of the same..It might be a vdo of the ID factory it self because u will not see so many maxes together....

http://rapidshare.de/files/25386091/a.wmv.html
wow! look at the excursion of those!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 10:23   #60
Team-BHP Support

many years ago Altec made a 30" woofer that they demoed at CES by plugging directly into a 110V wall socket. Most speakers would go up in smoke the Altec woofer made a 50Hz rumble. Ok it was aloud rumble but it did not go up in smoke.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote