Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 20:31   #1516
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 75
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
I returned from the US last week, and ended up purchasing the Garmin 45 dashcam from a Bestbuy store in Orlando albeit I wanted the Transcend 220 Drive which is popular on the thread here- the latter wasn't available in most stores I visited, and due to time constraints I chose Garmin which cost me around US$150. I wanted the Garmin 55 which had voice commands, and unfortunately it was out-of-stock.
The video resolution and frame rate as well as wide angle view is excellent, but day time video is throwing up a lot of glare, a CPL filter may be a good addition if it is available.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st June 2017 at 09:52. Reason: Quoting video(s) hampers readability, especially for our small screen users.
sumeet007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 14:11   #1517
BHPian
 
justwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 193 Times
Default

They say choices spoil you. I say they confuse you more than they spoil you. Got my new Ecosport (nicknamed Martian) two weeks back and I am now in the market for a decent dashcam. Primary reasons:

1. Safety while driving. Evidence in case of that untoward incident that happens for no fault of yours.

2. Video / pics of the beautiful scenery we see while driving but can't always stop to capture.

Looped video, atleast 64gb support, auto on/off feature, preferably capacitor as they say better handles the heat in India (debatable).

I have no idea where to start my search. From transcends to viofo to SJCam to GoPro.

My choice, till now is Viofo a119/s and SJCAM 4000 wifi. Reasons, reliable reviews of viofo and flexibility of use of SJCAM beyond dashcam.
Budget: wish I got for free but max 15k if I get stuff which drools me.

Fellow Tbhpians, please help.
justwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 15:12   #1518
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 288
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
They say choices spoil you. I say they confuse you more than they spoil you. Got my new Ecosport (nicknamed Martian) two weeks back and I am now in the market for a decent dashcam. Primary reasons:

1. Safety while driving. Evidence in case of that untoward incident that happens for no fault of yours.

2. Video / pics of the beautiful scenery we see while driving but can't always stop to capture.

Looped video, atleast 64gb support, auto on/off feature, preferably capacitor as they say better handles the heat in India (debatable).

I have no idea where to start my search. From transcends to viofo to SJCam to GoPro.

My choice, till now is Viofo a119/s and SJCAM 4000 wifi. Reasons, reliable reviews of viofo and flexibility of use of SJCAM beyond dashcam.
Budget: wish I got for free but max 15k if I get stuff which drools me.

Fellow Tbhpians, please help.
You could get a viofo for under 7 to 8k. But looking at your budget, would also suggest transcend, if you are ok with the battery!
abhi7013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 23:05   #1519
BHPian
 
esoticoreventon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello all! Need suggestions on a budget Dash-cam. I have recently started to use my car for my commute to work and have decided to invest in a dash-cam to prevent blame on any untoward incident. What is a good price range to look at a decent dash-cam with good quality? Could I look at a decent dash-cam for about 6000-8000 INR?
esoticoreventon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 23:54   #1520
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,301
Thanked: 13,069 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Could I look at a decent dash-cam for about 6000-8000 INR?
Check this dashcam: Viofo A119

Here's the link:

Upgraded VIOFO A119S V2 2.0" Capacitor Novatek 96660 HD 1080p 7G F1.6 Dashcam Video DVR GPS Car Dashcam Camera Record Hard Wire


http://s.aliexpress.com/m6zaQ7Nj
(from AliExpress Android)

You can search in AliExpress and GearBest for more options and the one that suits your budget.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:28   #1521
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 288
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Hello all! Need suggestions on a budget Dash-cam. I have recently started to use my car for my commute to work and have decided to invest in a dash-cam to prevent blame on any untoward incident. What is a good price range to look at a decent dash-cam with good quality? Could I look at a decent dash-cam for about 6000-8000 INR?
You query will be answered if you look closely in this very page and a couple of previous pages/posts.
abhi7013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:53   #1522
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 742
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I have asked my friend to pick up the following camera when coming in from the US:

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Dashboa...ds=aukey+dr+01

Seems to be good, and is cheaper by 3k in the US. Will update once I have the device in my hands

Edit: Though the link says DR01 it is actually DR10
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 18:11   #1523
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I find the following Dash cam on Flash sale in Gear Best for $36.59, now.

A118C - B40C 1080P FHD 170 Degree Wide Angle Car DVR

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_375217.html

As I want a Dash Cam without Battery (ie Capacitor based) and without a GPS logger, it suits my need. However, what bothers me is that the product is without any Brand name.

Another thing that worries me is the applicable Customs duty for this item; Does 'Gearbest' indicate the actual cost of the item on the package? May I get your feedback on your experience on this issue from 'Gearbest'?

Thanks
batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 19:52   #1524
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 288
Thanked: 488 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
I find the following Dash cam on Flash sale in Gear Best for $36.59, now.

A118C - B40C 1080P FHD 170 Degree Wide Angle Car DVR

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_375217.html

As I want a Dash Cam without Battery (ie Capacitor based) and without a GPS logger, it suits my need. However, what bothers me is that the product is without any Brand name.

Another thing that worries me is the applicable Customs duty for this item; Does 'Gearbest' indicate the actual cost of the item on the package? May I get your feedback on your experience on this issue from 'Gearbest'?

Thanks
The brand is Viofo. For details you could spend a few minutes and go through the previous pages. It is a good dashcam.
Coming to price, in AliExpress, it is inclusive of everything. Not sure about this website.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 03:46   #1525
BHPian
 
harsh79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DL 3C
Posts: 311
Thanked: 551 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
The brand is Viofo. For details you could spend a few minutes and go through the previous pages. It is a good dashcam.
Coming to price, in AliExpress, it is inclusive of everything. Not sure about this website.
The one linked by batman isn't made by VIOFO. This one is but it's out of stock with GB as of now - http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_142025.html

A118C V2 was released by VIOFO a few months back, look for that on AE, no knockoffs of the V2 yet.

http://www.foxoffer.com/car-dash-cam...sh-camera.html

Last edited by harsh79 : 3rd June 2017 at 03:48.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 20:36   #1526
BHPian
 
wrongturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 189
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

After using mobile phones as dash cam I have finally ordered actual dashcams. One is Xiaomi Yi for about ₹3500 and other is just too cheap to be ignored, ₹1k only and it has decent reviews so bought it out of curiosity.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20170603_192952.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 12:54   #1527
BHPian
 
justwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 193 Times
Default

After a lot of thought and review mongering, I have ordered the viofo a119s with GPS and CPL and hardwire kit from Aliexpress. Cost INR 8300 in total .

Now the only hassle it to assemble the hardwire kit on my own. My first DIY on the Martian ( EcoSport)
justwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 14:25   #1528
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL 14 / KA 05
Posts: 374
Thanked: 320 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Anybody using cameras from Xiaomi - YI or Mijia as Dashcam?

If yes, please share your review.
Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 15:34   #1529
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Fed up of wandering around small shops. Went to transcend dealer. Waited one hour for him to open up (1200 hrs!). Saw transcend 520 . Wanted stealthy cam. Called viofo dealer. He dropped a @119s with GPS and CPL filter at my hotel! Total damage 1070 hkd.
proton is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 12:32   #1530
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 246
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Ordered VIOFO A119S (with GPS and CPL) through AliExpress today. My main requirements are: Small / GPS / Decent quality video. Will post details once i received / installed. Looks like delivery will take couple of weeks (this is my first purchase through AliExpress).
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Use your Camcorder/Digicam as a Dashcam for Rs.100 mukeshgoel Modifications & Accessories 20 15th September 2015 14:24
The DVR thread (Digital Video Recorder) rrangan Gadgets, Computers & Software 23 4th March 2015 12:03
Spy video camera with recorder for car gaddiwale Gadgets, Computers & Software 13 19th July 2014 04:22
Portable Audio Recorder Reqd condor Gadgets, Computers & Software 10 2nd January 2008 09:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks