Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st January 2016, 11:59   #451
BHPian

Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Which is the memory card you use? I think there is a problem with my Strontium class 10 which gives choppy videos once in a while, say 30secs once the video becomes choppy and then sets itself right after a second or two. But your video is very smooth.
SanDisk UHS10 Class 10 32GB micro SD card
couswheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 12:25   #452
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Folks didn't see an update from you. Did you receive your dashcams? How long did it take? Any issues with Customs? How is the dashcam working so far?

I too am mulling ordering from Gearbest.

Thanks.
Hey,

The video quality along with voice is outstanding. Day or night. The number plates etc are very very clear in FHD. Acceptable in below ratios like 720, 480 etc...

Only grouse is that it doesn't retain date and time
I have left it as is. If someone knows a fix, please share

1. Recieved the dashcam in approx 4 weeks
2. One pack got stuck at delhi customs, for god knows stupid reason, customs wanted to have a look at it even though it was $25. had to pay customs duty on it. (it took almost 8 weeks for that pack to come)

Planned some drives after which will upload the links . This link will give you some views on the quality which is expected

Go ahead and buy it, my advise (avoid shipping from Sweden, thats what got stuck at Delhi customs)

PS: Dont forget to order a 16GB or 32GB microsd card

Cheers !

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 1st January 2016 at 12:33.
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 12:30   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Got this in 3 week's time. Value for money. Got this for $15. Posted a sample video.
Paisa vasool
I didnt check the 720p mode.
I stooped the video where there was a road sign board (Green on on the left). I could read Chennai 121 or something. Is that right ?

Beautiful smooth road too !! Which Road is this?

Just waiting for NH4 around Pune to be completely 6 laned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Which is the memory card you use? I think there is a problem with my Strontium class 10 which gives choppy videos once in a while, say 30secs once the video becomes choppy and then sets itself right after a second or two. But your video is very smooth.
My 2 cents..
I don't think a particular brand of SD card should make a difference. These things are so cheap these days, just get a faster one and see if it helps.
I am using Strontium Micro SD card plugged into Rasp Pi and downloading stuff day and night, no issues so far.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 13:07   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Paisa vasool
I didnt check the 720p mode.
I stooped the video where there was a road sign board (Green on on the left). I could read Chennai 121 or something. Is that right ?

Beautiful smooth road too !! Which Road is this?

Just waiting for NH4 around Pune to be completely 6 laned.
Sign board was reading 131 kms. The road is NH45 from Trichy to Chennai.

Drove to Rajasthan via NH4 during October'15. The road around Satara is in a better shape compared to what it was 2 years before.
couswheels is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 14:33   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Arun drops the following email:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
I
My Dashcam tends to go into Emergency Mode (the mode where videos cannot be deleted, but they will be over-written, in case max capacity is reached)
I faced the same issue with my Transcend Drivepro 200. Even with the G-Sensor set to minimum , the cam would go into emergency mode the moment I took a 90 degree turn to come out of my apartment complex, even at crawling speeds.
Is everybody's DP200 so sensitive ?

PS : I am using it for a month now. Got it from Snapdeal at 7800 Rs , which made me think that it was better VFM than the DP220 , retailing at 11k.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 18:20   #456
Senior - BHPian

Anyone had a look at Amkov AMK7000S action camera?

http://c.dx.com/collection/201512/AM...n20151231amkov

It looks like a steal for the price. 4k recording. 1080p 60 fps. 720p 120 fps. WiFi etc
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 21:54   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Got this in 3 week's time. Value for money. Got this for $15. Posted a sample video.
Hello, Mind sharing the link from where you got it for $15. I see its around $20 on the website and I mailed the seller who isn't looking at negotiating.

Thanks!!
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 22:10   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Hello, Mind sharing the link from where you got it for $15. I see its around $20 on the website and I mailed the seller who isn't looking at negotiating.

Thanks!!
here is a seller selling the same for $11.87 with free shipping

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-...557837666.html
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 22:22   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
here is a seller selling the same for $11.87 with free shipping

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-...557837666.html
Thanks SunnyBoi, this is GT300 and the other one is GT500. Are both the same?
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 08:11   #460
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!!

Sorry. Just checked my statement it was $19.
couswheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 09:46   #461
BHPian

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/170-D...319110290.html

I am considering of ordering this. Does any body know which company is providing and have any idea about the quality of the product? I have never ordered from aliexpress.com. How is the experience of fellow BHPians about the same.? I am a bit scared to order such a costly product from an international online market for the first time Any help will be greatful.
Keep revvin'
allien936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 10:18   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post
have never ordered from aliexpress.com. How is the experience of fellow BHPians about the same.? '
Look for the same item with registered post shipping as the item is expensive. Also this item if caught in customs will attract duty due to its value. I have no idea how much but it may then become as pricey as ones available locally here.
I've had 35 orders so far from Aliexpress and all have reached me fine, though there is always a first!
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 08:53   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Value for money. Got this for $15.
Quote:
around $20 on the website
Got the GT 300 for $16 after using a $3 coupon that Aliexpress has mailed sometime back. Havenít had a chance to test it in daylight but did a quick test yesterday nightt. Sample video at 1080p. Please ignore the date - need to fix it. Do set the video quality before you watch.

Decent enough for a 1.2K INR product. The build quality is nothing great and the keys are hollow & flimsy. The suction mount seems pretty strong but need to check how it performs under direct sunlight. For someone looking to pick up their first dashcam, this is absolutely perfect. Ordered it on 17th Dec from Aliexpress and got it shipped for free via Sweden post & it was delivered on 12th Jan.
procrj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 10:04   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Got the GT 300 for $16 after using a $3 coupon that Aliexpress has mailed sometime back. Havenít had a chance to test it in daylight but did a quick test yesterday nightt. Sample video at 1080p. Please ignore the date - need to fix it. Do set the video quality before you watch.

What is the exposure compensation you have set? Video looks quite dark. I set at -2/3 yet I get pretty bright videos. And which memory card are you using?
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2016, 10:48   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
I picked up a TCL SVC200 during the Black Friday sale on Aliexpress last week. (picture courtesy Amazon). It's not strictly a dashcam - more of an action camera, but does come with a windshield mount and can be used as a dashcam. I checked out some reviews before buying and they seemed overall positive. Original price was $118.00, I got it for $39.00. Of course being Aliexpress there's no telling when it will arrive but fingers crossed.
It finally arrived around Dec 20th but as I was travelling, I didn't get a chance to test it properly. When I finally got around to testing, I discovered a glitch. After 6 minutes of recording (720p@50fps, medium bitrate) it would freeze up. There would be no further recording or response to button presses and the only solution was to remove the battery and reset.

Anyway, after eliminating various likely causes (tried using different settings, multiple SD cards of different capacity and class, power supplies etc.) I figured it was a firmware issue. By now Aliexpress purchase protection had ended so getting a replacement was ruled out. Luckily the supplier was co-operative and provided me with a link to a newer firmware version. Post upgrade it now seems to work. I'll post some pics and video after further testing.

Last edited by ajitkommini : 15th January 2016 at 10:49. Reason: typos
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote