Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th November 2016, 11:30   #1336

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hello,

I am planning to get a dash cam from US. Confused between the transcend dp200 & sjcam4000. Has anyone used the sjcam on their helmets? Is it possible to have a dual purpose cam(helmet & dash). Any other options I should look at?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Asit,

I have the SJ4000WiFi, and have used it while riding motorcycles and driving cars. It can be helmet/chest/motorcycle mounted when riding and can be dash mounted when driving. When using it as a dashcam it has to be set to 'Car Mode' for it to automatically start recording when powered.

The main pro of opting for the SJCAM is that it's an action camera built for all purposes and you'll never run out of accessories as GoPro accessories can be used.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 12:13   #1337
BHPian

Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Hello,

I am planning to get a dash cam from US. Confused between the transcend dp200 & sjcam4000. Has anyone used the sjcam on their helmets? Is it possible to have a dual purpose cam(helmet & dash). Any other options I should look at?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Asit, the sjcam is a dual purpose one. You can use both in your car (mite need to purchase the suction mount separate) as well as on your helmet. The transcend however is strictly for the car only.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 15:05   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hi Asit,

I have the SJ4000WiFi, and have used it while riding motorcycles and driving cars. It can be helmet/chest/motorcycle mounted when riding and can be dash mounted when driving. When using it as a dashcam it has to be set to 'Car Mode' for it to automatically start recording when powered.

The main pro of opting for the SJCAM is that it's an action camera built for all purposes and you'll never run out of accessories as GoPro accessories can be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi Asit, the sjcam is a dual purpose one. You can use both in your car (mite need to purchase the suction mount separate) as well as on your helmet. The transcend however is strictly for the car only.

Thanks guys! I will get the sjcam4000 wifi. That should take car of both my riding and driving needs.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 21:41   #1339
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Finally decided to take a plunge and get dvr installed on my ride. I have ordered Rock autobot eye (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...687318987.html) from aliexpress. This is my first order with aliexpress as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Finally got mine today from aliexpress. Got delayed due to some shipping issues. The product quality looks good. Yet to fix it and try it out.

Any recommendations on where get the cable organiser clips? I didn't find any good quality ones on amazon.
sud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 21:06   #1340
BHPian

I'm was thinking of getting the Transcend Drivepro 220. Some of the reviews on Amazon etc claim that the quality isn't great especially at night. Is it true?
On the other hand, is there any big difference between the 220 vs 200.
What is the ideal price for the above mentioned products?
EDIT: I just checked some of the videos of this product and I just can't read the number plates at all. Is this a common problem with all dashcams?

Last edited by Turbohead : 29th November 2016 at 21:10.
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 22:37   #1341
Senior - BHPian

My 1+ year old Chinese dashcam gave up recently and I'm looking to buy a decent one this time. Please suggest a good one around 6k INR budget (out of the below choices, or something else)
- SJ4000
- VIOFO A119
- mini 0805
Mr.Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 12:37   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
My 1+ year old Chinese dashcam gave up recently and I'm looking to buy a decent one this time. Please suggest a good one around 6k INR budget (out of the below choices, or something else)
- SJ4000
- VIOFO A119
- mini 0805
Viofo A119 or A119s.
harsh79 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 10:01   #1343

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
I have used both DP 200 and SJCam 4000 (its equivalent). DP200 got stolen from Delhi Metro Car Parking after which I put up the SJCam model. This too I had to remove because it wasn't very user friendly, nowhere compared to DP 200. Being a battery based model, it is risky to keep it plugged in all the time (specially when car is parked in open), and provided fittings also do not help in easy mounting/removal. Now I have a Viofo A119, and it works like a charm.
ManishSoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 10:24   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Default G1WC dashcam issue

I use a G1WC dashcam - Capacitor based. I am facing an issue from day one. When i move the key to ignition position , the dashcam starts up. When i crank the engine, due to the momentary power cutoff to the 12V lighter port, the camera shuts down. However, after the engine starts up and the power is back, the camera does not start up on its own. I have to manually press the start button on the camera or unplug and replug the charger from the 12V port.

Any idea how i can resolve this issue?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 11:21   #1345
BHPian

Default Re: G1WC dashcam issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I use a G1WC dashcam - Capacitor based. I am facing an issue from day one. When i move the key to ignition position , the dashcam starts up. When i crank the engine, due to the momentary power cutoff to the 12V lighter port, the camera shuts down. However, after the engine starts up and the power is back, the camera does not start up on its own. I have to manually press the start button on the camera or unplug and replug the charger from the 12V port.

Hi sagarpadaki, Even I have the same problem with G1WC in my Polo. Only workaround, I have found is to directly start the car(key position from off to start), then it works fine.
Many others like Mr.mitsuvolk are also facing the same problem.
shetty_rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 11:21   #1346
Senior - BHPian

After a lot of procrastination, bought a i1000 off ebay after seeing one with a colleague.
Front and back for 2.5K INR (even though its not full HD) was too hard to turn down.
Let's see if numberplate recognition is that important. will post a review once I get mine!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th December 2016 at 11:43. Reason: Caps added.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 13:21   #1347
BHPian

Default Re: G1WC dashcam issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi sagarpadaki, Even I have the same problem with G1WC in my Polo. Only workaround, I have found is to directly start the car(key position from off to start), then it works fine.
Many others like Mr.mitsuvolk are also facing the same problem.
This is easily fixable by tweaking the firmware as Viofo and SG have done with their capacitor powered cameras.

My capacitor powered Mobius does the same thing on going from ACC to ignition.

The only remedy is installing a timer in between the power source and the camera.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-2#post-167750

I haven't bothered with it though. If in ACC mode, I've made a habit of going back to OFF and then cranking the engine.
harsh79 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote