Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th May 2013, 12:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid Warranty Issues: ICE blamed for Power Window Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeru27 View Post
Major Update :

Just received a telephone call and Email confirmation from, Skoda India. They have agreed to replace the power window motor AS PER WARRANTY Policy. As am travelling will meet the dealer on Wednesday. Will provide the details thereafter.

Thanks for all your support.
Good news Veeru. Thats a call of relief and answer to your efforts.

Lesson learned : Only crying baby gets milk! Most of us will give up after couple of escalations and followups when it is not a very expensive thing and these people build confidence in fooling customers.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 12:37   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

India followed the same logic in foreign affairs in the late 50s and early 60s - the results are well known.
I didn’t realize we were discussing India's foreign policy. My apologies - I thought the discussion was a mundane issue relating to the warranty claim on a Skoda Rapid’s power window switch.

Quote:
Ultimately it is the member who is responsible for taking action, not the community,
Exactly.

Quote:
That is your personal opinion - but quite a technically incorrect one.
And that is your personal opinion.

Quote:
one can only wonder about the cerebral abilities of whoever proposed it.
Keep wondering. And welcome to the real world.

Quote:
only 2% of them - and all in India – rake up the issue of "approved accessories" without knowing what it means.
Amazing statistics – do you do this study on a month-on month basis? I’d love to see how you arrived at your 2%.

Quote:
As @tsk1979 pointed out, the primary cause is ignoramuses who man the technical roles in service centers.
Exactly. And there is zilch that you can do about it other than posting your opinion here. Understand that is a ground reality and accordingly advise members here to a workable solution taking that into account rather than talking of utopian ideals that will never help members on this site.

Quote:
In reality, A.S.S. don't communicate with Skoda on a day-to-day basis, forget about taking permission for anything.
Wow! This is even better information. I must say that the unreliability and inaccuracy of your posts are amazing! For your information, A.S.S are in touch with Skoda several times a day!
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 13:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Major Update :

Just received a telephone call and Email confirmation from, Skoda India. They have agreed to replace the power window motor AS PER WARRANTY Policy. As am travelling will meet the dealer on Wednesday. Will provide the details thereafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
... Keep wondering. And welcome to the real world. ... advise members here to a workable solution taking that into account rather than talking of utopian ideals that will never help members on this site. ...
And you were saying ...???

Discretion should be the better part of valor, especially if one doesn't relate to the subject or discussions.

Last edited by DerAlte : 6th May 2013 at 13:16.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 18:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Apparently, I came to know there is a gentleman in Vinayak Skoda, by the name of Suresh who does install amplifiers & other systems to Skoda cars! He told me if its done with him, the warranty wont be void, but its best the amplifiers to be purchased from him so that nothing goes wrong! I'm totally perplexed on hearing this! All this while, Skoda & its dealers were saying NO to aftermarket fitments, when suddenly one dealer goes astray!
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 19:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi,

Apparently, I came to know there is a gentleman in Vinayak Skoda, by the name of Suresh who does install amplifiers & other systems to Skoda cars! He told me if its done with him, the warranty wont be void, but its best the amplifiers to be purchased from him so that nothing goes wrong! I'm totally perplexed on hearing this! All this while, Skoda & its dealers were saying NO to aftermarket fitments, when suddenly one dealer goes astray!
Isn't it Obvious? This so called "gentleman" sits at the A.S.S. They must be getting a cut from him or his must be working for them indirectly.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 19:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Major Update :

That is good news. I'm pleased reason has prevailed. Forums like this can be great in these situations, if only to provide moral support when in dispute with an organisation. There is usually a lot more support and advice besides, if you ignore the personalities!

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2013 at 11:32. Reason: 2 smileys max per post. Thanks. ;)
FlatOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 20:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Major Update :

Veeru! Congratulations!

Its high time Skoda should listen to the public grievances! rather than playing along with the dealers.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 20:27   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Exactly. And there is zilch that you can do about it other than posting your opinion here. Understand that is a ground reality and accordingly advise members here to a workable solution taking that into account rather than talking of utopian ideals that will never help members on this site.
Alright, alright, let's cool down a bit here. Time to show the cards.

I know DerAlte has been professionally involved in automotive industry for decades and knows about designing/producing automotive parts. That is his claim for knowing ground reality.

How about you, can you provide some idea about how you know automotive design? Where is your ground reality coming from? You don't have to name the exact car maker you work for in Chennai, but generic work description would do.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 20:34   #69
BHPian

I was following this thread closely and was keen to know the outcome. As many owners, I have also got after market ICE installed in my rapid.
If Skoda had decided not to honour warranty in this case, am sure this would have been a pathbreaking decision and would have steered many customers away from the Skoda brand forever. Thankfully, better sense prevailed. Congrats Veeru.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 00:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty Clauses: Conditions under which the warranty will not be valid include "Parts, mainly electronic parts that have not been approved by the manufacturer i.e Skoda Auto have been installed on the vehicle."
You want to know about a dealer , hyundai and maruti send their cars for central locking install at my bros place who deals in car accessories at dealership level . Wires are spliced to install the central locking , when dealer is doing it theres no problem but person does it from outside using adapters then dealer say its warranty void . My old swift had 15 inch alloys and my dealer told me not an issue as car suspension is under warranty . It all depends on dealer and person whom are you facing at dealership , also the way we can question them . Team-bhp helps us to counter strike the dealership so that we can avail warranty . At the end of the day person got his part replaced under warranty as deralite motivated to go back and question them . My friend has big stereo in his skoda laura and there is no warranty void and he has installed the headunit , amplifies , woofers .
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 04:34   #71
BHPian

A couple of years ago I was considering the Polo 1.6 in its first Avatar without the option of USB Stereo system. Both the showrooms in Bangalore strictly advised against modifying the system or any other parts for that matter (regardless whether the wires would be cut or not). Heck, one sales advisor even told me that 'the car would catch fire' if I were to put in an after market system. They were advisories even in changing the stock tires of the car, that was my first revelation into the injustice that the dealership could dish out if I decided to any of this. I did not buy the polo, well not yet.

The sales advisor also told me the same when I was considering the Ambiente version of Laura 1.8. Explicitly called it out.

I wish you the very best and hope that you get the warranty claimed, Veeru27. It is pretty evident that the modifications that you made is not the root cause for the issue. Quite logical, but its difficult for logic to prevail when you are under a cloud of pre-determined mindset with folks who come into a conversation with a closed mind.
azeemhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 10:29   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Alright, alright, let's cool down a bit here. Time to show the cards.

I know DerAlte has been professionally involved in automotive industry for decades and knows about designing/producing automotive parts. That is his claim for knowing ground reality.

How about you, can you provide some idea about how you know automotive design? Where is your ground reality coming from? You don't have to name the exact car maker you work for in Chennai, but generic work description would do.

I would rather take the word of someone who has been in the warranty claims department rather than from someone who has been professionally involved in the automotive industry for decades and who has been designing and producing parts .

As for the credentials of veyronsport .. I do not think it is necessary . Any person who can read a warranty manual can understand .
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:25   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I would rather take the word of someone who has been in the warranty claims department rather than from someone who has been professionally involved in the automotive industry for decades and who has been designing and producing parts .
It appears that the Skoda warranty claims department has indeed agreed with DerAlte.

Quote:
As for the credentials of veyronsport .. I do not think it is necessary . Any person who can read a warranty manual can understand .
Warranty manual is not the law. If it contains unfair clauses, it won't stand the scrutiny of the courts. I asked for credentials because he claimed to know better than a professional like DerAlte.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 12:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going by the (needless) argument he was doing above, it would make a lot of sense if he could validate it - part of doing it is by sharing credentials (to validate the source of info). A lot of people give "advice" on this forum, it helps if other viewers could distinguish between the useful pointers and needless arguments. After all, we are on this forum to help (& get helped) by others.

I am not stating that @veyronsport's point are baseless; just that having observed him undergo similar such arguments in the past on Skoda/VW discussions, I'll stand by @samurai's question. It doesn't hurt to share this info.

My 2 cents on the VW "warranty rules" - I have done modifications to my Vento and I have got warranty claims honored since then. Both dealer & VW engineers have clearly noted the modifications (HID headlights, etc) and haven't raised alarm on the same. Same is the case with @mikon and other Vento owners that I know off. Of course, this can't be considered a clear indication of the future warranty aspects, but I am not going to agree with the safe-base approach @veyron has suggested.

@veeru27,
Do share an update on the Skoda experience once the work is completed.

P.s. W.r.t one of the un-answered questions asked by @derAlte - In my 2 years of ownership of the Vento, I have repeatedly asked for and have never been given an official VW accessories list. All I have obtained are dealer-based accessory list, vouched by the dealer stating these are "VW-authorized".

Last edited by ninjatalli : 7th May 2013 at 12:37.
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 14:20   #75
BHPian

Raking up an older thread on what a Volkswagen dealer is capable of. I guess in this case, since the splicing was done by the dealer, then all warranty is intact.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...m-vw-polo.html

And another thread with prices of Vento's accessories list. Does this qualify as a made for Volkswagen and thereby a manufacturer approved accessory list? Looks more like a dealer approved list.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cessories.html (VW( Polo and Vento) - Accessories)
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote