Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 11th September 2006, 13:05   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/249233-post77.html

was it just cut and fix? I mean no spacers needed?
Yeah JK. The santro has ample space there. No spacer needed, as is evident from the pics.
Old 11th September 2006, 17:45   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Yeah JK. The santro has ample space there. No spacer needed, as is evident from the pics.
Thanks Gunbir,
I am planning to install compos in the front on my old Santro. But the shop fellas(i met two shops till now) don't do the cutting. they will do only stock location+MDF plank installs. also will the dimensions of JBL be the same? Why i am asking this is most of the door installs on Santro has a spacer in it. This is the first one without a spacer.

@JK,
I have read the threads you have PMed me(thanks for the same). It took whole my afternoon for reading those. Please PM me on your installation plans. Insane Devil has kindly offered to help me to find someone to do the installation for me.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:22   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
JK ..keep some budget for a bit of damping as Santro doors are relatively thinner as compared to other cars...
Old 12th September 2006, 12:00   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
JK ..keep some budget for a bit of damping as Santro doors are relatively thinner as compared to other cars...

atleast santro is well damped unlike the marutis. I will be damping the doors and boot when I got 3 way in teh future.
Old 12th September 2006, 12:21   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
atleast santro is well damped unlike the marutis. I will be damping the doors and boot when I got 3 way in teh future.
JK you're right. Unlike the Swift, the Santro needs only a little bit of damping. SKs install used only 2x sheets of FonoMat ie. Rs440 worth of damping. Of course, sound will further improve if you go the whole hog.
Old 12th September 2006, 12:27   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

and at how much $ are we looking at if we go for avg damping and wher all do one need to in a Santro
Old 11th October 2006, 01:42   #217
Senior - BHPian

just did some damping in the front two doors of the car...the midbass a sounding better and the over all sound is much better....

used foam before so that the door panel does not rattle...this option is a cheap alternative....

the foam removed....

the inside done...

the outside done...

the door panel are left right now will be done as soon as possible...
Old 11th October 2006, 01:58   #218
Senior - BHPian

LBM,

Is It DIY Project ??
I Also Have Used Same Wurth Damping Sheet.
How Much Sheets You Have Used ?

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 11th October 2006, 02:09   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Is It DIY Project ??
I Also Have Used Same Wurth Damping Sheet.
How Much Sheets You Have Used ?
Yes sir It was a complete DIY project did it all myself.....
I have used nearly the complete box which had 3 feet x 1.5 feet four pcs...total of 18 sqft and the door panel are still left out....
Old 11th October 2006, 08:06   #220
Senior - BHPian

LBM, by door panel, do you mean the back of the plastic panel that goes over the door frame? That is uhhh, the plastic panel on which you've fixed the midrange driver?

Really neat job, by the way. Thanks for sharing the snaps. I admire the way you do this stuff yourself. How much did you blow on the Wurth mats?

Last edited by hydrashok : 11th October 2006 at 08:07.
Old 11th October 2006, 11:55   #221
Team-BHP Support

Nice job LBM .
Old 11th October 2006, 16:56   #222
BHPian

I just want to share something which i noticed but i never discussed it here while installing dynamat extreme in my car's door panels.

While my installer was installing door speakers,i was busy with dynamat and putting it on doors.I asked JB[on phone] that should i put dynamat over the panel and also cover the all the wires which r there on door panels.He told me that i need the damp the door and not wires.these r exactly same words which i still remember.
LBM,if i am not wrong u seem to have done which JB advised me not to do.

Other more important thing which i want experts to comment upon is about removing that platic sheet [used for water proffing the door panels]which we remove from door panels to install speakers or damping stuff.[In LBM's pictures no.3,4 and 5 we can see black adhsive material which was left there after removing that plastic sheet]
I did same thing for two doors but i while doing 3rd and 4rth door i removed the sheets 1st without removing that black adhesive material and put dynamat there and re-put the plastic sheet back on its original place.That way atleast my car's 2 doors were more protected from water entering in door panels and damaging speaker.

Below 1st pic is when i damaged the plastic sheet and installed dynamat and 2nd pic is when i put the sheet back after installing dynamat.I hope u can see dynamat through that plastic sheet though i am sorry for poor quality pics.[taken with my old Moto E365 cam phone]

Old 11th October 2006, 18:37   #223
Senior - BHPian

@ Rsj, I Think If You Will keep That Plastic It Will Rattle At Loud Volume.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 11th October 2006 at 18:45.
Old 11th October 2006, 19:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
@ Rsj, I Think If You Will keep That Plastic It Will Rattle At Loud Volume.
In my case,there is no such problem,probably dynamat extreme is taking care of that.And i cant see why it should rattle and that too at low volume.
I am not covering speakers with this moisture sheet though..
Old 11th October 2006, 20:17   #225
Senior - BHPian

About not covering the wires, I think RSJ and JB have a point. The service guys would rip off the damping sheets without a thought if they need to get to the wires at time.

Or is there some other reason why the wires shouldn't be covered while damping? So, should we disconnect the wires before damping, and then reconnect them over the damping sheets after the sheets are fixed?
Closed Thread