Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2007, 17:54   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the front two doors are damped and the boot will be done as I have left with 25 sqft of wurth damping left with me.....which will be going into the car boot and a bit more in the doors to completely make the car vibration free
What about the roof? In the set-up I've done to my M800 using entry-level stuff (2 6x9 & sub in rear for now), I've noticed the max vibration is in the roof, followed by floor and then a little in the doors. I've been wondering about damping myself and my first knee-jerk reaction is to add damping at the roof and then at the floor so that the vibration does not tickle my feet.
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:25   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenKnight View Post
What about the roof? In the set-up I've done to my M800 using entry-level stuff (2 6x9 & sub in rear for now), I've noticed the max vibration is in the roof, followed by floor and then a little in the doors. I've been wondering about damping myself and my first knee-jerk reaction is to add damping at the roof and then at the floor so that the vibration does not tickle my feet.
my first car was 800 in which i had put two 12 inchs....the whole roof used to vibrate and add to the music its own flavor....I agree to you fully the 800 roof is a very thin sheet of metal which tends to vibrate a lot....but the swft is a good one...no problem from the roof till now...but the door panels are a pain in the a$$ the maruti people should improve on this part atleast.....
Old 24th March 2007, 11:09   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...but the door panels are a pain in the a$$ the maruti people should improve on this part atleast.....
Yeah Maruti could see you a car with heavier panels, then they'd have to engine to push that extra weight and then the suspension and tranmission and wheels and tyres...but then the hatchback would cost more than their sedans (Esteem/Baleno).
Old 24th March 2007, 11:58   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yeah Maruti could see you a car with heavier panels, then they'd have to engine to push that extra weight and then the suspension and tranmission and wheels and tyres...but then the hatchback would cost more than their sedans (Esteem/Baleno).

but here damping comes in to save us from all the rattles and noise.....because of the cheap plastic........
Old 24th March 2007, 13:21   #275
BHPian

Finished installing the Hertz ESK's in my Swift yesterday.
Managed to not drive the car but sit in th front passenger seat and be driven for a change.
Ive done damping on the doors, not the plastic panels.
However the ESK's are on full pass and booming away.. The door was still vibrating from the after effects of the speakers.
I was wondering, how to make the plastic panels a little more heavy and taut, in short stop vibrating at high volume levels, and to think the amp channels were at 0 gain.
How helpful is damping the inside of the plastic panels, especially the swift panel is too contoured for effective dampening. Is lquid dampin a good option?
AB.
Old 26th March 2007, 10:08   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
I was wondering, how to make the plastic panels a little more heavy and taut,
The same damping sheets will work on the plastic panels. Short of making custom FRP panels (possible only for some cars) dynamt and it's cousins are you easiest option. Another option I used before was lead damping sheets. Now this worked for when the door speaker was XOed below 80Hz (HPF at 80Hz) but did not work so well below that.

Why? Well lead sheet is soft. So it does not stiffen the panels. it just increases the weight and shifts the resonance frequency. I also increases the weight of the panel and hence the ammount of energy the panel will store.

Now when the speakers was producing the full range that stored energy would smear the sound.

My next idea would be use FRP on the inside of the panels. It would add stiffness and minimum weght but this is a painful labourious process and it would mean the car is not in service or atleast panel-less) for about a week.
Old 26th March 2007, 10:43   #277
Senior - BHPian

ya adding weight on the door panel definetly improve the sound....which I tried on one panel the other panel will be done in few days time.....
Old 26th March 2007, 12:47   #278
Senior - BHPian

here is a pic I took yesterday.....forgot to clean the brake light thou....

this is all temparary wiring all the stuff will be done neatly and tidy......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th March 2007 at 12:48.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:00   #279
Senior - BHPian

Which Steg amps are those ? And you should have to clean the wiring.

Btw where are the subs ?
Old 26th March 2007, 13:09   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Which Steg amps are those ? And you should have to clean the wiring.

Btw where are the subs ?
hmmm...they are k-series....

one is this one...2.04

http://english.gttrading.it/easysite/scheda3.asp?livello=3&Marchio=Steg&Gamma=K%20compe tition&Modello=K2|04&pg=1

and the second one is 4.01

http://english.gttrading.it/easysite/scheda3.asp?livello=3&Marchio=Steg&Gamma=K%20compe tition&Modello=K4|01&pg=1

and the third one would be 2.01 or 2.02 which will be decided later...also they are rated at 11 volts...no 14.4 or 13.8...BS....direct 11 volts...

about the wiring all of it will be redone...and proper dressing will be done....

for the subs it is a big surprise...which will be post in few days time....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th March 2007 at 13:14.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:18   #281
Team-BHP Support

LBM, I am seeing STEG for the first time in my life. And since you have bought them I assume it must have been a nice and well thought effort. Congratulations and good luck with your setup.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:44   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
for the subs it is a big surprise...which will be post in few days time....
Hey, I thought you already had a pair of 12" IDs from Gunbir/Autophile. You getting newer (read as bigger, better) subs? Let me remind you the car is a Swift not a Skoda! Given the Swift's small trunk I'd like to see how you manage to squeeze all that in.

3 amps and a pair of subs in the rear. I assume you will soon be discarding the rear seats altogether.

Your new subs...?
Gt-trading - Attivitą

Last edited by navin : 26th March 2007 at 13:49.
Old 26th March 2007, 14:26   #283
Senior - BHPian

Pic from link in Navin's post:

Cerwin Vega StrokerPro12

Look at that beast! And that surround!!! I'd be scared to be in a dark room, alone with this thing.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:00   #284
Team-BHP Support

For those whose "Dil Mange More", there is also a 15" available.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:05   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You getting newer (read as bigger, better) subs?
Navin - Latest update is that he's getting a pair of 15" Reference Sony's, says they are the best stuff ever made!! I don't have much knowledge but have a little trouble believing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'd be scared to be in a dark room, alone with this thing.
Don't worry Anoop it only barks, it doesn't bite
Closed Thread