Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2007, 19:02   #556
Senior - BHPian

ok guys change in program I am holding the HU now no change......I will wait till I get a good one.....till then stay tuned for more action on the saga of LBM........
Old 1st May 2007, 19:03   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
iss Saga mein sab kuchch hai.

Humour, mystery, confrontation, sadness, action. Truly, a great saga. A mega thread. Mega Audio thread.
You're forgetting two of the most important ingredients of a blockbuster though - a sprinkling of sleaze and an item song (sleazy too). Maybe we could use the services of Mega Naidu.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 1st May 2007 at 19:05.
Old 1st May 2007, 19:08   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Maybe we could use the services of Mega Naidu.
That might get a bit expensive thou............
Old 1st May 2007, 19:13   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Let me get this straight. You've got Steg amplification, Image Dynamics Subs, DLS components and you want to put a Mega Audio HU?

Looks like the "dilli ki garmi" has finally got to this young sikh's brain. lol
Now LBM has decided to upgrade to Mega Audio Head Unit...maybe we get to see his speakers, subs & amplifiers changed to Mega too.

Mega PA Horns :P.A. Driver Units /Reflex Horns

Mega PA Systems: Pa amplifiers like Pro series high wattage amplifiers
Old 1st May 2007, 19:16   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Now LBM has decided to upgrade to Mega Audio Head Unit...maybe we get to see his speakers, subs & amplifiers changed to Mega too.

Very nice find sir.......this mega audio has many branches.......
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:39   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post

Its a good thing they've depicted airports, railway stations and parties with the photos, otherwise I would have never figured out what the terms really mean.
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:04   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Ahem, I'm the unofficial story teller of team-BHP. With that qualification in mind, I must compliment you, iss Saga mein sab kuchch hai.

Humour, mystery, confrontation, sadness, action. Truly, a great saga. A mega thread. Mega Audio thread.
Hey Sam,

You're true to your reputation..pure,unadulterated fun ..Looks like Delhi's export from 'Singh' Exports House to Mumbai/ world at large..!! Love reading your posts..Very unique & genuinely humorous that hits straight..!! Way to go..

LBM - Man you rock like your steg amp!Your saga continues..moving to pathos now
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:34   #563
BHPian

LBM, I really feel pity for you. My advice is- in this forum, don't talk about anything that is cheap or appears to be so... or else you would be flooded with preconceived notions cherished by many "regulars" here and most likely would get "dragged" as in your signature. Instead talk about high-budget systems, and they would be more than glad to respond (positively!). More exorbitant the budget gets, more privileged they would feel to guide you.

BTW, I liked your signature... so true and suitable for the occasion! Here is another synonymous line- Don't fight with pigs in mud, because after a while you would realize that you are getting dirty, but they are enjoying!

@Sam, you don't have to explain the meaning of SINGH in order to offend sikhs because I think you have already done enough of that. Disclaimer- contrary to what you might think, neither ".s" in my id stands for "singh" nor I am a sikh even otherwise!
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:39   #564
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Very nice find sir.......this mega audio has many branches.......
LBM, in all the melee my question went unanswered.
I am interested to know whats the price for the build in DVD screen system, where can we get it here, and is there any place where I can listen to a demo etc.,
I believe that if you listen to mp3/CD SQ is 90% dependent on the AMP+speaker and 10% of the HU.
When you say the SQ is not good due to the HU, the cause may be bad settings.
With current technologies, it is very very difficult not to reproduce the music recorded on CD/DVD/mp3 medium at low voltage levels at the HU output.
Of course when you are talking about enough power to run speakers and SUBs you get into complications.
Reproducing music at the speaker level requires even more complexity.
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:47   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
LBM, I really feel pity for you. My advice is- in this forum, don't talk about anything that is cheap or appears to be so... or else you would be flooded with preconceived notions cherished by many "regulars" here and most likely would get "dragged" as in your signature. Instead talk about high-budget systems, and they would be more than glad to respond (positively!). More exorbitant the budget gets, more privileged they would feel to guide you.
Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the wise advice.

What you may not have realised is that LBM enjoys this kind of repartee. Unlike you, all of us yanking his chain know him on a close personal level. He loves audio and likes the kind of repurcussions his choice of equipment generates. He is the unofficial mascot of this section. I am surprised you haven't realised this. Please do not feel pity for him, I find this quite offensive.

It is expected of LBM to talk about expensive systems. Of his own choice (and often against general advice, here) he has already spent more on his ICE than what you (probably) paid for your car. Ergo it is funny to hear HIM talk of a low cost HU for the same car, where every other piece of equipment is superlative. Perhaps you didn't read the whole thread.
Quote:
@Sam, you don't have to explain the meaning of SINGH in order to offend sikhs because I think you have already done enough of that.
Santosh, honestly there was never a more unsolicited and immature statement. It is not my nature to offend anyone. And please don't stand up for my friends, the sikhs. Contrary to what you might think, I'm part sardar. And I'm not kidding you.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 2nd May 2007 at 12:56.
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:08   #566
BHPian

sam bhai easy.its obvious that he has never met lbm otherwise he would have never quoted that statements.
shankar ,the day u meet lbm,sam,gunbir....then only u will realise the kind of relationship they share and btw please dont feel PITTY for lbm.
sam bhai certainly knows the meaning of singh otherwise he wouldnt have so many of them reffering him as THE SAM BHAI!!!!
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:19   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
LBM, in all the melee my question went unanswered.
I am interested to know whats the price for the build in DVD screen system, where can we get it here, and is there any place where I can listen to a demo etc.,
I believe that if you listen to mp3/CD SQ is 90% dependent on the AMP+speaker and 10% of the HU.
When you say the SQ is not good due to the HU, the cause may be bad settings.
With current technologies, it is very very difficult not to reproduce the music recorded on CD/DVD/mp3 medium at low voltage levels at the HU output.
Of course when you are talking about enough power to run speakers and SUBs you get into complications.
Reproducing music at the speaker level requires even more complexity.
the DVD hu which I just selected for my car but later on drop is for about 10k.....the SQ of the HU is ok..ok...not so great.....a little lower than the sony....but one thing is for sure that this HU can play every single popular format on dvd and cd....and it also play scratched cds also which normal pioneer and alpine refuse to play.....

about the SQ of HU.....like Navin Ji say it the sound will depend on the weakest part of the chain.....and I think the weakest of all are the speakers........

If we consider only the HU then the difference will majority of tonal quality than the distortion or s/n ratio......as at low volumes one cannot detect easily....
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:25   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post

BTW, I liked your signature... so true and suitable for the occasion! Here is another synonymous line- Don't fight with pigs in mud, because after a while you would realize that you are getting dirty, but they are enjoying!

@Sam, you don't have to explain the meaning of SINGH in order to offend sikhs because I think you have already done enough of that. Disclaimer- contrary to what you might think, neither ".s" in my id stands for "singh" nor I am a sikh even otherwise!
Quote:
Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the wise advice.

What you may not have realised is that LBM enjoys this kind of repartee. Unlike you, all of us yanking his chain know him on a close personal level. He loves audio and likes the kind of repurcussions his choice of equipment generates. He is the unofficial mascot of this section. I am surprised you haven't realised this. Please do not feel pity for him, I find this quite offensive.

It is expected of LBM to talk about expensive systems. Of his own choice (and often against general advice, here) he has already spent more on his ICE than what you (probably) paid for your car. Ergo it is funny to hear HIM talk of a low cost HU for the same car, where every other piece of equipment is superlative. Perhaps you didn't read the whole thread.

Santosh, honestly there was never a more unsolicited and immature statement. It is not my nature to offend anyone. And please don't stand up for my friends, the sikhs. Contrary to what you might think, I'm part sardar. And I'm not kidding you.

OK guys....first santosh....it was all a joke.....nothing serious about it....and dont get serious also......lol

Sam Bhai thank you sir for explaining the whole situation to all of those you did not knew what was happing.....

and last thing you all can "PITY" on me...as I have no money left....and I am thinking of starting a donation thread for "LBM ICE SETUP" as the little trouble makkes will not have no problem later in there coming years.....
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:45   #569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the DVD hu which I just selected for my car but later on drop is for about 10k.....the SQ of the HU is ok..ok...not so great.....a little lower than the sony....but one thing is for sure that this HU can play every single popular format on dvd and cd....and it also play scratched cds also which normal pioneer and alpine refuse to play.....
Any idea about the price of the one with in built screen. AVX2 costs 17K.
As for distortions, I think if HU is played at relatively low volume, with a good amp driving the speakers, the slightly lower quality of HU won't matter, esp since in most budget installs the weak link is the speakers.
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:14   #570
Team-BHP Support

TSK,

I'll let you in on one big secret in the audio world. the fancier the equipment the more tempremental it is. some pretty ordinary HUs will plays CDs that the luxury ones dont. Weird but true.

As far as distortions are concerned the only distortions you can redce by using an amp is those related to the amplifier or power supply sections of the HU. I've heard some HUs that sound poor regardless, thankfully there are few and fr between and are getting rarer with the comodozation of this technology.
Closed Thread