Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2007, 22:59   #706
Senior - BHPian

Dear LBM,

Looks like you will have to decide which amp to buy.

Btw where are the pics of Hu after installation ?
Old 29th May 2007, 23:25   #707
Senior - BHPian

will be posting the pics soon..

Hmm now since Navin Ji and Sam Bhai has commented then my only Hope is Ajay Bhai........
Old 30th May 2007, 00:05   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
option 3 :- this one is interesting I will buy another 4.01 and wire the drivers like this...for the left tweeter ch1 for the left midrange ch 2 and for the left midbass I can bridge the ch3 and ch4 giving it a 290 watts or I can make it play it with 80 watts also and leave the ch4 unused....this will be for the each side of the car ...for the right side another amp will be wired to the tweeter, midrange and midbass in the similar manner.....there will be absolute zero crosstalk between the front stage as there will be running through two separate amp...

Now which option should I go for...

IMHO, your option 3 seems the best to me... though i would like to ask in what way would your front stage have zero crosstalk?
Old 30th May 2007, 00:25   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
IMHO, your option 3 seems the best to me... though i would like to ask in what way would your front stage have zero crosstalk?
Thank god some serious answer....thanks Phaji...

Since there will be a amp for the left side and one for the right side....It will have zero crosstalk at the amp level...but the PXA will be giving the signals......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 30th May 2007 at 00:27.
Old 30th May 2007, 00:33   #710
BHPian

LBM, how will you attain zero crosstalk in between left and right channel?

Its absolutely impossible to attain zero crosstalk just by using individual amplifiers for each channel.

Until and unless you use two individual HU / Processors / Amplifiers for each left and right channel you cannot attain zero crosstalk. But that is being stupid because you will need two copies of CD's at the same time to play in each HU and on top of that matching the playback of CD's in the two HU's will be fun .

Crosstalk can be reduced by using good quality (expensive) HU's with balanced outputs, balanced interconnects and amplifiers with pure dual mono design and balanced inputs.

Sonically, crosstalk does not matter that much in car audio environment because you are never sitting in sweet spot. You are either close to left channel or right channel with reflective surfaces all around offering very less decay for drivers. So crosstalk or no crosstalk it does not make noticeable difference to sound

Practically you will hear the traffic, road, tyre, ambient noise much more in the car than crosstalk .
Old 30th May 2007, 00:56   #711
Senior - BHPian

I am saying that it will be only at the amp end only.....I am not saying it will be at whole level.....who said that....
Old 30th May 2007, 01:00   #712
BHPian

Quote:
I am saying that it will be only at the amp end only.....I am not saying it will be at whole level.....who said that....
Thats what I am saying that you cannot attain "zero" crosstalk by doing that until and unless you do it on the whole chain.

There is no point seperating the amplification circuits if your signal is orginating from a single chassis / common board equipment. Crosstalk can occur anywhere in DAC's, Preamps, Amps.

Last edited by Autophile : 30th May 2007 at 01:04.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:06   #713
Senior - BHPian

the zero cross talk at the amp level is a benefit which I am getting if I am going for the two separate amps..but to achieve the best a lots of money is involved...like you suggested every thing in two....
Old 30th May 2007, 01:09   #714
BHPian

Quote:
the zero cross talk at the amp level is a benefit
How? particularly in car environment.
Old 30th May 2007, 01:16   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
How? particularly in car environment.
acha bhai you win.....good night and go to sleep it is already over 1:00
Old 30th May 2007, 01:20   #716
BHPian

Talking

Good night and may god bless.

Last edited by navin : 30th May 2007 at 23:25.
Old 30th May 2007, 23:34   #717
Team-BHP Support

in a car envrioment a bit of cross talk may actually be good. It might help center the image sort of like a pseudo center...there are many instances when cross talk can be useful or atleast not harmful.

that said LBM Option 3 does make the most sense not for the reduced croass talk but sonically I have found (atleast in the home audio domian) it is nicer to wire speakers up this way.
Old 31st May 2007, 00:47   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
in a car envrioment a bit of cross talk may actually be good. It might help center the image sort of like a pseudo center...there are many instances when cross talk can be useful or atleast not harmful.

that said LBM Option 3 does make the most sense not for the reduced croass talk but sonically I have found (atleast in the home audio domian) it is nicer to wire speakers up this way.
Finally Navin Ji commented.....as Finalized with Ajay Bhai the thrid option is confirmed....

Sam Bhai would like to shed some light on this......
Old 31st May 2007, 02:00   #719
BANNED

Man! I thought having 2 ID Max 12"s in ported boxes were the limit. WOAH! What do I see now!

Option 3 means another 4.01 and a whole lot of rewiring etc... Where are you going to put the new amp? And You're going to feed your midbasses with bridged 290W?
Hey, how much is a ticket to FREEdaBAD?
Old 31st May 2007, 10:09   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally Navin Ji commented.....as Finalized with Ajay Bhai the thrid option is confirmed..
LBM did you realise that with the optoin you have chosen there will be "cross talk" between the tweeter and the midrange. Not that this is bad but just FYI.
Closed Thread