Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 6th October 2007, 09:50   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
So true...

Seems like LBM is fed up of 50 Cent sitting in his lap all this long. Thats why he is trying so hard to relocate his drivers
and let the bass do the action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm when did I said in this long thread or any other place of this whole forum that 50 Cents was sitting in my lap it was in SK car na

He was all the way outside or down in my legs or no place to be found in my car.

I think some answers are still pending....
WHAT!
Old 6th October 2007, 10:05   #842
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I even wired tweeters out of phase from mids and kickbass..Now flame me over this

I prefered the location as I wanted the tweeters to be less obtrusive.
Under no circumstances you can accidently damage the tweeter in that location.

Sit in a Santro and see for yourself.
why would I flame you dude. phase is relative and often by wiring out of phase one can get better sound.

so the tweeters were put in the kick panel becuase they were too "in your face" when installed higher up? that would mean that what you did was amplitude reduction (off axis response is usually much lower than on axis response esp with mids and tweeters). right?

When I sit in my friends Santro my left knee (I dont drive) hits the speaker pod on the left. If I push the car seat back there is no room for the person behind and I am NOT tall. I wonder if someone Sam's size could even fit in a Santro comfortably.
Old 6th October 2007, 10:13   #843
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Anyhow, the FFT output of pre- and post-TA (or phase-shifting) would not, or rather should not, show difference in signal content. Or am I off target by miles?
FFT is far more sophisticated than plain old Laplace transforms but yes, FFT output should not show a difference in signal.

What I am saying is that to understand and mathematically simualte phase shift all one needs is Laplace. Fourier transforms are derived from Laplace and are more sophisticated than Laplace. I like Laplace for it's simplicity and for the fact that Pierre was the first to mathematically show the corelations. Remember this was 1700 or there abouts (Pierre Laplace died in 1729 I think).
Old 6th October 2007, 11:21   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
so the tweeters were put in the kick panel becuase they were too "in your face" when installed higher up? that would mean that what you did was amplitude reduction (off axis response is usually much lower than on axis response esp with mids and tweeters). right?

When I sit in my friends Santro my left knee (I dont drive) hits the speaker pod on the left. If I push the car seat back there is no room for the person behind and I am NOT tall. I wonder if someone Sam's size could even fit in a Santro comfortably.
Yes, the tweeter was VERY loud on axis. The system was temp installed first and over two days, we tried all possible combinations of on/off axis/phase at different locations such as the A pillars, door panels, lower dash, and kick panels. We used SKs favorite CDs (all very well recorded) for these tests and found the kick panel off axis to be the most suitable for prolonged listening.

99% of the time SK drives alone and usually the seats are pushed all the way back. Its nearly impossible to hit the tweets by accident.
Old 14th October 2007, 01:16   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today apart from Audison VRx amplifiers (with optional PC36 Phase control Module) no one (best to my knowledge) offers phase shifting, even the best of active networks, processors, HU's offer nothing beyond 180 Deg flip.
I was just roaming on the web and I found that DLS Ultimate Series offers the variable phase shift on few of there models.

DLS - Products
Old 14th October 2007, 02:47   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Today apart from Audison VRx amplifiers (with optional PC36 Phase control Module) no one (best to my knowledge) offers phase shifting, even the best of active networks, processors, HU's offer nothing beyond 180 Deg flip.
Quote:
I was just roaming on the web and I found that DLS Ultimate Series offers the variable phase shift on few of there models.
DLS - Products
On even searching further I got very interesting results which I would like to share with everybody.

Lightning Audio X1.1000.1D - Lightning Audio Storm 1 Ch 1000 Watt Amplifier

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...ss+BL700.html#

And a very nice article on Phase shifts.

Phase Correction - Myth or Magic
Old 14th October 2007, 04:54   #847
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Quote:
On even searching further I got very interesting results which I would like to share with everybody.

Lightning Audio X1.1000.1D - Lightning Audio Storm 1 Ch 1000 Watt Amplifier

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...ss+BL700.html#

And a very nice article on Phase shifts.

Phase Correction - Myth or Magic
But LBM, in your hurry to prove Autophile wrong you forgot that he meant that no other car audio amps have phase shift like the Audison VRx series.

Why? Cuz the PC36 Phase Control module lets one Continuously adjust phase between 0 AND 360, selectable on three frequency ranges (40-200 HZ; 200-800 HZ; 800-4500 HZ).

Which means that you can use multiple modules to do 0 to 360 phase control for the subs, woofers and midrange, unlike the examples in your post which only do 0 to 180 only for the sub.
Old 14th October 2007, 16:05   #848
BHPian

LBM sir, you had to search the web to find amps with variable phase shift ? Remember even my amp has that ?
Old 14th October 2007, 16:19   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
But LBM, in your hurry to prove Autophile wrong you forgot that he meant that no other car audio amps have phase shift like the Audison VRx series.
Firstly I was not proving Autophile wrong in any place. Where did I mentioned that my friend and I think you took it in a wrong way. I was just trying to update on few things which he thought that other manufacturer also give.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:22   #850
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this. LBM has put his IDs on sale.

So LBM bhai, what's up?

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 25th October 2007 at 17:23.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:25   #851
Senior - BHPian

Very soon my friend. When the subs will be sold I will post the details that day only.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:32   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah so you have already decided your new subs.

I get a feeling they would be GZ subs. lol.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:36   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ah so you have already decided your new subs.

They are on the list also and that too on the TOP. Other options are also being considered.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:36   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No Sam.. He is getting 2 Chicago Bass Tubes to get more than 152db.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:44   #855
Senior - BHPian

How many this time? Will the back seats of the Swift stay put?
Closed Thread