Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2007, 08:58   #901
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Now that lazy-a$$ owner wouldn't just happen to have a beard bigger than LBM's, would he??
Yep. That's the one

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would love to see that. May be I might learn something from it.
He's disappeared into thin air

The midbass reproduction in that car was out of this world. Best I've ever heard. IMHO, better than the Alpine X-Types in our installer's OHC. The door was really well-damped (both the plastic panel, as well as the naked door shell). I think about 50% of the damping in that car (and that car was really well-damped) went into the doors.
hydrashok is offline  
Old 9th November 2007, 09:30   #902
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Great work LBM! It looks terrific.

Congrats on another DIY job.
rocksterraghu is offline  
Old 9th November 2007, 11:01   #903
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Yep. That's the one

He's disappeared into thin air
If you ever catch hold of him, tell him I was calling him a "^$%#W*($($ $&$*#(#)(#*%^&$ $&#()@)*$^@@)_)!(*$^&%$*$ $*&%^#^*@@!)!_)#*$#&$*$($(.......*n"

You get my point?? Please convey it across!
iraghava is offline  
Old 9th November 2007, 11:50   #904
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you ever catch hold of him, tell him I was calling him a "^$%#W*($($ $&$*#(#)(#*%^&$ $&#()@)*$^@@)_)!(*$^&%$*$ $*&%^#^*@@!)!_)#*$#&$*$($(.......*n"

You get my point?? Please convey it across!
X 2...
He never picks up calls & now he's rarely seen online on forum...I hope Anoop u can catch him at least.
kpzen is online now  
Old 9th November 2007, 18:19   #905
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Caught him! hee hee.
speedzak is offline  
Old 10th November 2007, 01:06   #906
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
HI LBM,
Nice work on the door pannel,would love to know how you changed the grille of swift door pannel,and why you used steel spacer that too on woden ring,did u wanted to increase the weight for speaker mounting so that the midbass gets solid base!!
Tell you something 99% of people on this plannet demonstrate and rest does experiments,you are in 1% category!!

Cheers!
Happy diwali to all,Safety is must esp for childern!
Thank you sir...

Correct I have used the wooden spacer first then the Steel one because I wanted a soild and heavy base for mounting. I could have used Aluminum one also but the tapping holes done for mounting the midbass get damage even after few times screwing and unscrewing only. Also I used the mdf as if I had used both the iron spacers the weight would have be quite more.

Happy diwali to you also.
low_bass_makker is offline  
Old 10th November 2007, 01:10   #907
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. LBM - If I'm not mistaken that's a milled Aluminium spacer, right?
It is a steel ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The midbass reproduction in that car was out of this world. Best I've ever heard. IMHO, better than the Alpine X-Types in our installer's OHC. The door was really well-damped (both the plastic panel, as well as the naked door shell). I think about 50% of the damping in that car (and that car was really well-damped) went into the doors.
ya I agree when I play the front stage alone some people thing the sub is not required as the Iridium go quite low

And the swift door are real pain. even after 20 sqft of damping done on each door some thing still rattles. I think it is the mirror winding mechanism. But I am ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Caught him! hee hee.

Sir now waiting for the pics...
low_bass_makker is offline  
Old 10th November 2007, 01:23   #908
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
And the swift door are real pain. even after 20 sqft of damping done on each door some thing still rattles. I think it is the mirror winding mechanism. But I am ok with it.
Maybe you should send your car for some damping company's R&D while you're at work.

Poor Swift, I can only imagine what all the parts have gone through.
rocksterraghu is offline  
Old 11th November 2007, 21:38   #909
BHPian
 
jCube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 41
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post


Looks very neat and tight fitting. Is this type of speaker grill/mesh material available for purchase? Are there any companies specializing in this?

BTW how did you finalize on the thickness of the metal ring on which the speaker in now mounted? (before getting it done at a lathe) I know its difficult to measure it as it is behind the door pad... Each time you'll have to keep the door pad back to see if it is obstructed. Or is it easier than I assume? Please shed some light on it.

Your measurement has been spot on... I know many installers will struggle to get it this right.. Hats of to you
jCube is offline  
Old 12th November 2007, 13:18   #910
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCube View Post
Your measurement has been spot on... I know many installers will struggle to get it this right.. Hats of to you
LBM-bhai has an entire metal-processing workshop at his disposal, as well as the measurement and machining skills. Only an exacting person like him can put all that to good use - I am sure he has verrry happy customers.
DerAlte is offline  
Old 12th November 2007, 13:28   #911
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCube View Post
Is this type of speaker grill/mesh material available for purchase? Are there any companies specializing in this?
Thats the standard grille that comes with LBM's DLS Iridium speakers.
gunbir is offline  
Old 12th November 2007, 16:10   #912
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

LBM,
Plz share, how did you changed your speaker grille,I would love to try it too..

Cheers!
Gill is offline  
Old 13th November 2007, 11:42   #913
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCube View Post
BTW how did you finalize on the thickness of the metal ring on which the speaker in now mounted? (before getting it done at a lathe) I know its difficult to measure it as it is behind the door pad... Each time you'll have to keep the door pad back to see if it is obstructed. Or is it easier than I assume? Please shed some light on it.

Your measurement has been spot on... I know many installers will struggle to get it this right.. Hats of to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
LBM,
Plz share, how did you changed your speaker grille,I would love to try it too..

Cheers!
Will surely post the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
LBM-bhai has an entire metal-processing workshop at his disposal, as well as the measurement and machining skills. Only an exacting person like him can put all that to good use - I am sure he has verrry happy customers.

Hmm kinda of yes, with any kind of machining work with very good accuracy and finish. The tweeter and midrange pods are in progress. The job will be done on a wire cut machine which has the accuracy of 5-10 microns but that much accuracy is not required but the looks will be great.
low_bass_makker is offline  
Old 13th November 2007, 12:06   #914
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

I don't know if I am alone here, but it's very difficult for me to imagine that LBM does any work apart from audio.
Sam Kapasi is offline  
Old 13th November 2007, 12:21   #915
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

New sub againnnnn ,oh god.

ok let me guess is this the one:

payam is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My DIY Beetle Restoration Saga 71Convertible Post-War 100 5th December 2016 21:24
My Used Cars Saga ramzsys Long-Term Ownership Reviews 34 8th July 2010 20:08
Milk Spill Woes- a tragic saga ascertain Shifting gears 43 3rd May 2009 11:10
Saga Of Palio 1.6 Breakdown eclectix 1st Long-Term Ownership Reviews 151 27th May 2008 11:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks