Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2007, 00:06   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you can come over for SPL testing at 6am in the morning(I am sure after crying hoarse all night they would be sleeping at 6am) it would be great.
Sure sir would love to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
its is really nice to have a sub with good sq and spl. i agree you don't need a sub like this to win an sq competition. i was merely asking because lbm corrected me.

how much does this one costs? it is a beautiful sub.

lbm, how much power will go to this sub? 2400w?
right now Steg 2400 watts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Hi Clip. Its a very different subwoofer. Neither your everyday SPL woofer, nor the tame SQ woofer. For it is the first and only 10kW sub to have won the EISA award (not the award for get loud and you win!). It may have won SQ competitions, but I am not aware of them. Besides, the lower level Ground Zero subs pull off very good SQ making them a good choice for someone wanting to win an SQ competition than to spend the fortune this beast costs. The mammoth power handling is of no use to a SQ competitor. What I am aware of though, is that it has been consistently reviewed by magazines alongside top SQ subs and has fared exceedingly well if not as best.

Thanks Ajay Bhai for explaining the same. The SQ of the sub is good. I will wait for few days till it is running properly after that I will post the detailed report.
Old 14th December 2007, 00:15   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Whoa!!!!!

I knew you were gonna get this... but damn... thats one BIG mofo....

God bless you, your ears and your car.

Congrats & Enjoy!
Thank you Phaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Congrats LBM,How much power gonna drive it,moreover how much do they cost?What are dimmension of the ENC for 40KG sub,I think it's harder to build an ENC for it rather then buying it.......(KiddinG)
Cheers!
the dimension are 36 inch width x 18 inch height and depth is 12 inch at the top and 17 at the bottom the net volume is close to 110 liters. weight will be close to 25-30 kgs and I think one cannot pick up the box alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Now seriously, you definitely need 1" or more MDF for this "thing". I guess you're gonna have to put in a fixed/non-removable box in the boot to house this beast, huh? Any plans of getting rid of the pesky rear seats?

That ring looks good. We can trust you to add some custom gizmo or the other to your install.

Waiting to see how the enclosure looks like, l_b_m.
Hmm the whole enclosure is made of 1" MDF and screws are used to tighten it. pics will be coming up shortly.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 14th December 2007 at 00:17.
Old 14th December 2007, 00:22   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I think it is time LBM got the 'tank-like-build-quality' car ( waiting for the brick smiles) , what's he doing with tin sheets & damping ?
Hahahaha. I have to check for the qulaity of my next car for sure. Today itself the driver door lock is not working, which was right after I play the sub for few mins.

Quote:
Does it require its own power station, or just a 1000A alternator will do?
Hmm till now the stock electricals are working as I keep a very close watch on the voltage part and I do not play at full throttle for more than a 1 minute as they cannot supply the juice for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Oh my god!
Really a BLISTERING hell! My shocks almost felt unshocked after seeing the monster. Where are you going to fit this thingy into? Don't tell me it's your Swift! No! Baba No! That poor thingy is going to have parkinsons if you do so!

I had some hope till this. Now, I'm also gonna repeat and approve it; Yeh Sardar Paagal hai!
Signed,
SpeedZak.

Yaar kya baat ho gaye....I am just trying to be loud here.
Old 14th December 2007, 00:25   #1189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm till now the stock electricals are working as I keep a very close watch on the voltage part and I do not play at full throttle for more than a 1 minute as they cannot supply the juice for so long.
Why not get a higher spec alternator. A 120A one from Lucas TVS can be had for around 10K. A 150A one will go for about 12K
Old 14th December 2007, 00:27   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Few more pics. Compared to the Ground Zero Hydrogen 15 inch

The enclosure without port, see how calmly the sub is sitting in the Swift`s boot like a baby.

Old 14th December 2007, 00:32   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not get a higher spec alternator. A 120A one from Lucas TVS can be had for around 10K. A 150A one will go for about 12K
Sir I agree with you 100 % but it all depends on the duty. I other words High output alter will help in playing loud but since I want short duration the stock system works fine. So why change the company fitted stuff.
Old 14th December 2007, 01:06   #1192
Team-BHP Support

Sir, any reason for placing the sub facing the hatch lid? I saw two videos on you tube where its placed facing the roof:

Nice sub in the right hands sir. Have fun with it.
Old 14th December 2007, 03:32   #1193
BANNED

Holy *&%$%&*$%% LBM dont tell mw those hydrogens are also going into the swift!!
Old 14th December 2007, 09:04   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Yeh Sardar Paagal hai!
Sir that line was patented by me. And never was there a truer example. Well done LBM!

After all, LBM is the mascot of the ICE section.
Old 14th December 2007, 09:54   #1195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sir I agree with you 100 % but it all depends on the duty. I other words High output alter will help in playing loud but since I want short duration the stock system works fine. So why change the company fitted stuff.
Duty!? I was talking about buying from here. Something like a Optra alternator, or Safari alternator.
Anyways great setup, hope to admire it sometime without sitting in the back seat
Old 14th December 2007, 10:07   #1196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Turkey VS chicken?!
more like Magpie vs Ostrich.

Quote:
I'd put a rubber gasket between the wood and steel ring. and lock the nuts with loctite.
Old 14th December 2007, 10:13   #1197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And the poor Swift bursting at the seams
Now seriously, you definitely need 1" or more MDF for this "thing".
Hydra, when a car is bursting at the seems (not seams) it will be producing a lot of Rattle and Hum (no matter what the damping is). It wont be music.

LBM, I'd seriosuly condier a MDF/FRP/Marine Ply composite box. Atleast for the baffle. If it was me I'd have used a FRP/Carbon fiber composite.
Old 14th December 2007, 10:16   #1198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The enclosure without port, see how calmly the sub is sitting in the Swift`s boot like a baby.

a ha! so when you want to open the trunk you turn the sub on and it blows the hatch open right?
Old 14th December 2007, 10:56   #1199
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply LBM bahi....my net was down..

Well congrats on getting that Monster..

You have installed the plutonium in the swift....what about the hydrogen ones? Where are you installing them?

Whats the next amp for this monster? I know we have to start guessing again
Old 14th December 2007, 11:20   #1200
BHPian

Goly Gawd..thats a huge mother.. im sure there some kinda law against that much bass.. ..just kidding...congrats LBM...
Closed Thread